in so much pain but i have to see him every day at work

I am so depressed and numb right now. I just found out my ex got back together with his ex, an ex he was not ever over while we were together. The problem is I have to see him every freakin day at work, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. There is no avoiding him whatsoever.

I am hurting so much right now and would love nothing more than to quit my job and never see his face again. But obviously that's not possible and each day I have to suck it up and act "normal" while the pain builds up inside.

Does anybody have any advice on how to get over someone/ease the pain in this situation?

I feel your pain. My situation was the same. Unfortunately, I was not able to find any option other than to quit my position. Have you considered asking if you can be changed department, or, if applicable, office?

In my situation, I found that seeing him and her every bloody day was just too difficult, so I looked for another job - lo and behold, I know make 5K more than I used to (and 2K more than him!), and actually enjoy this job much more. Not to mention, I made a new circle of friends among my new coworkers....

Best of luck.

have no advice other than to find a new job or just do your best to deal with it and try and cotnrol the emotions.

What I do know is that I would hope you will never again date a person you work with.

You MUST remove yourself from this painful situation...I had a similiar experience a few years back...why is it impossible for you to change jobs? it really is the only solution.

Every single day is wrecked for you emotionally, and it impacts your work productivity because being there is pure torture.

It's a horrible daily existance for anyone to go thru, there's no escape from the pain.

We've all heard that dating someone from work is not recommended - but unfortunately sometimes we just have to learn the hard way..*sigh* :(

Thanks for all the responses. =) Yeah, I agree. I have to remove myself from this situation. That's the only way.

The thing about learning some things the hard way is so true. I knew going into the situation that it was never ever a good idea to date a co-worker but I was so naive to think that my situation would be different or that it would be "worth it." Just another painful lesson learned. Never again will I date anyone I have to "mandatorily" see every day of the week.

I think he is looking for a new job also but it'll probably be a couple more months before he actually leaves. As for me, I'm probably going to try to transfer to another department (quitting is not an option right now for me due to many reasons too lengthy to discuss).

In the meantime all I can do is suck it up and throw darts at his picture.