What's the protocol on replying to 1st-replied message from a woman (online dating)?

First of all, I would like to thank all of those that contribute to the advice on the following thread that I started about 1-month ago :

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/516850-should-i-lie-about-my-age-dating-sites

Well, I followed the "no lies" on age approach (be truthful of age of 42, this year) and signed up on an ethnic (I'm an oriental US American citizen) singles online dating website (sorry can't disclose it) about last week.

I've got several return messages from these ladies (they're all asian-oriental, same as my race), which is what I'm looking for. I also speak that oriental language and understand it by hearing it, but cannot read or write it.

To me, I don't want to be too picky on who I like or be friends with (or even settle down with), just at least that she'll like me for who I am. And if things work out, I'll move forward from there.

The dilemma:

I had to wait almost 3-days for this one particular lady (10-years younger than me) to answer my message. Yesterday (morning & evening) I checked the "who's currently online" link to that particular singles site and found out that she was "online". That means that she had read my message, but has not answered it. This particular lady is "pretty-looking" to me and well mannered (based on her profile). She cannot speak English (that explains why she didn't reply right away), but can read/write/speak the same oriental language that I also do speak and understand.

My question for anyone, is there any protocol on replying to a lady's 1st-replied message ?? (Two hours later, she shot another message saying that it's better that I message back with my phone number so it's easier to talk with her).

So, should I answer right away or wait X-days (to not feel too desperate) ??

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

fitnessfan365

It's not like in real life where you're already seeing a woman and you should give her the right amount of space.

With online, women are constantly getting bombarded with emails. All they have to go on, are the ones at the top of their inbox when they log on. So if a woman emails me, I respond the first chance I get regardless of how many days it took her. As long as you allow her to get back to you and don't send multiple emails in a row, you'll be fine.

• Author
It's not like in real life where you're already seeing a woman and you should give her the right amount of space.

With online, women are constantly getting bombarded with emails. All they have to go on, are the ones at the top of their inbox when they log on. So if a woman emails me, I respond the first chance I get regardless of how many days it took her. As long as you allow her to get back to you and don't send multiple emails in a row, you'll be fine.

The thing is she already replied to my message. And now she wants my phone number to talk because she doesn't speak English.

I think you have not fully read my whole thread here.

fitnessfan365

Actually I did.

You said that it took her three days to respond to your first message and you're wondering what the protocol is on how fast you respond back. Since that seemed like the main point of the thread, that is what I focused on.

In regards to the second email that she sent two hours later asking for your number, respond whenever you see fit. I personally don't subscribe to dating rules or care about looking "desperate". As long as you're not acting like a stalker and sending message after message asking her why she hasn't responded, you'll be fine.

• Like 1