"I am single by choice!"

Okay, I never understood this statement by women. Not sure what this means entirely.

Is there such thing as being FORCED to being single, without a choice?

I thought EVERYONE was single by choice (that is if they are single)

• Author
Single by choice probably means single but not looking.

But yet they're on a dating site? LOL

But yet they're on a dating site? LOL

exactly, lol.

more like they have managed to drive away every man that was around and yet are still indignant about it.

Okay, I never understood this statement by women. Not sure what this means entirely.

It means they've rejected lots of undesirables and would have no qualms about rejecting you as well. They're trying to say they're not desperate and don't even have to be on a dating site to find men, but are choosing to be.

There's such a thing as having no options, which means you aren't single by choice but by circumstances.

It means they've rejected lots of undesirables and would have no qualms about rejecting you as well. They're trying to say they're not desperate and don't even have to be on a dating site to find men, but are choosing to be.

There's such a thing as having no options, which means you aren't single by choice but by circumstances.

that isn't "no options". that's a princess complex who is going to wind up alone for extended lengths of time due to her own issues.

They're fishing for attention but don't want to give up the goods.

that isn't "no options". that's a princess complex who is going to wind up alone for extended lengths of time due to her own issues.

No viable options is the same as no options. For example, married men don't count as options to (most) single women.

No viable options is the same as no options. For example, married men don't count as options to (most) single women.

Women always have options. They are just too picky or standoffish.

Most women have sexual options. Many, myself included, don't just want a casual sexual relationship or ONS.

Whereas men will sleep with anything that has a vagina, you mean? :rolleyes:

Most women have sexual options. Many, myself included, don't just want a casual sexual relationship or ONS.

A woman has more options than sexual ones. A woman who believes otherwise wants to perpetually live in an impossible contradiction with no solution or exit.

The women who don't spend their hours complaining on the internet or to their friends are no different except in the genitalia they are after and sometimes not.

• Author

Yeah, she actually lives in a hicktown in the middle of nowhere, where most men she's looking for are married or already spoken for, the rest are just toothless rednecks of the community. The town is definately backwater, but she lives close.

A woman has more options than sexual ones.

Not always true.

It's better than being an involuntary celibate.

No, meaningless sex with someone who is using you or having sex with someone you are repulsed by is NOT better than no sex. I've chosen no sex vs. what I've just stated.

• Author
don't even have to be on a dating site to find men, but are choosing to be.

This is a rather silly comment, I can easily say the same thing as a single man.

Basically, they're stating the OBVIOUS.

So WHY state the obvious?

"That's like saying, "I don't have to go into the kitchen to get something to eat, but I eat only because I choose to eat."

"I only laid down in my bed because I chose to do so."

"I only took a walk in the park, because I chose to do so"

If some of these people went back and READ what they wrote, they'd probably see how silly it sounds.

Not always true.

A woman only believes that to make her situation seem more dire than it is. Either it is for sympathy or self-pity.

whats evern more amazing is girls go after aholes such as ouroboros but ignore nice guys because they are too boring. too boring meaning they dont want to have sex immediately and get to know her first. it aint manly to have testosterone but to have it under control.

Thank you Internet. Only you could reassure me of how pimp I always knew I was secretly on the inside.

• Author

I believe, women mostly, try to defend the fact that they ARE single and looking, but they try to make it seem like they arent desperate (they really aren't desperate, but somehow they feel they are by resorting to an online dating site or going to a singles function), so they throw up phrases such as that to make it seem like they are "in control" of their lives.

They basically say things needlessly or that have no real merit in order to come off brave or independent.

That's why you hear women boast about how independent they are, when they really don't need to.

Some of that stuff is just better left out of a dating profile.

The women who don't spend their hours complaining on the internet or to their friends are no different except in the genitalia they are after and sometimes not.

That doesn't actually answer the question, does it?

You're trying to be clever, but failing dysmally....

A woman has every right to declare herself whatever she wants. At least there is a declaration there.

men just want any excuse to get a leg-over, so will say anything to be convincingly romantic, when actually, all they want is a good lay.

they can get away with it. whats so bad about being desperate? i am. just means i want someone more.

Desperate means you want ANYONE. Women want to feel special and this is a major turn off.

men just want any excuse to get a leg-over, so will say anything to be convincingly romantic, when actually, all they want is a good lay.

You have been here long enough to know that is untrue. You have much more learning to do to get over your hurt and prejudice.

desperate means i want someone but not anyone. i wont date girls i have nothing in common with or arent attracted to. whats so bad about that?

Desperation is a vital motivator and component in love. If one isn't desperate for love then there is no need to sally forth.

I love these little intimate boy-girl discussions where everyone loves everyone else! So cosy!

:lmao: