Question for the women: beards & mustaches ok?

Disillusioned

The old guy who trained me at my day job said once that his wife once told him she wouldn't find him as appealing if he shaved off his beard. The guy who he trained before me said his trick to picking up so many women was his mustache.

When I was 24, I grew a beard and mustache just for the heck of it, and nobody recognized me, not even my own granny. It didn't seem to make any difference either way as far as my interactions with women were concerned.

So, ladies... do you prefer men with beards or mustaches, or clean-shaven?

Not a woman - but I think they'll say "depends on the guy"

Some guys look ridiculous with facial hair. Some guys facial hair itself is weird - like sparse but long. Some guys (like me) look like a teenager without it. Some guys look a lot sexier with it. Some look good with stubble. On and on...

I like how well trimmed facial hair can tickle quite nicely when someone kisses your body... :love: aesthetically, a mustache has to come with a beard, not on its own.

It depends on the guy as to whether I like hair on his face or not. Usually I love beards and mustaches, but I like clean-shaven too. Also I think that if beards and mustaches aren't done right, it can make a guy look cheezy or unkempt. For instance, I really dislike handlebar mustaches, and I don't like long beards. But I totally love the weekend beard - you know where the guy goes a couple of days without shaving. It just knocks my socks off.

I totally love the weekend beard - you know where the guy goes a couple of days without shaving. It just knocks my socks off.

I second that.

Goatees, ladies? It was suggested to me to grow one 2 yrs ago, and it's been positive ever since.. Weekend growth, huh? and I always think I look unkept when that happens, lol...guess it depends on the guy.

Mustache? uggg, didn't that go away 20 years ago, when they had magnum PI? LOL .. kinda outdated where I live, based on women's opinion... but you never know.

Goatees, ladies?

The problem with goatees is that it's usually visible from several k-s that a man has chosen to grow one in order to look 'intellectual' or 'cool' or whatever... but sure, 'depends on the guy' :laugh:

LucreziaBorgia

Nicely trimmed beard and mustache. When I was younger it was clean shaven, but a guy has to be extraordinarily good looking for clean shaven to look good to me these days.

But I totally love the weekend beard - you know where the guy goes a couple of days without shaving. It just knocks my socks off.

Yesssss. Love that. :love:

I cannot stand mustaches on their own, or goatees. I think they look creepy. Full beards look good on some guys. Overall though, I prefer "weekend beard" or clean-shaven.

I have a friend who mostly goes clean shaven, but rotates his look to beard/mustache or mustache.

I find the change in facial hair to be attractive and it gets my attention. Maybe it's the male equivalent of trying a new hair style.

Confusedalways

I cannot stand mustaches on their own, or goatees. I think they look creepy. Full beards look good on some guys. Overall though, I prefer "weekend beard" or clean-shaven.

Definitely nailed it! Totally agree.

I prefer clean-shaven. My ex had a beard and never really looked after it, keep it neat and trimmed, etc. I came to dislike it and now I'm hoping to meet someone clean-shaven. I much prefer it. Beards and moustaches can really suit a man but I dislike long, hairy beards. It's much, much nicer if kept neat and trimmed.

Since I have been unattached, I have turned down several men because they have beards and recently ended a relationship with someone who had one, albeit neat and short. A man's natural scent is stronger in his beard and this can be a good thing or a bad thing. I grew to dislike it and it did have a part to play in my loss of interest. I much prefer clean-shaven and after-shave.

Edited by spiderowl

The weekend beard....:love:

Yum. I love it when my BF does that.

I've always dated clean-shaven men and that is what I preferred UNTIL I met my current SO. He just looks better with facial hair. He has a goatee that he keeps trimmed and nice looking. The beard looked dumb on him and I'd point and laugh if I saw a mustache.

He goes back and forth between the goatee and clean-shaven but I do really prefer him with hair. It's so weird for me because I've never liked it on a guy before.

The soul patch is the worst facial hair move I've ever seen. :sick:

I like guys who are clean shaven...the weekend stubble is quite attractive unfortunately, stubble and my skin do not agree. So, if I do not want a Monday rash I better make sure that he is clean shaven.

I'm totally with tigress on this one.

Just gives them a little bit of a "rough & ready" look.

Mmmmmmmmmm

:o:love::love::love:

but I think they'll say "depends on the guy"

I'll agree with that.. I had a goatee for a year or so till one day at a family get together my picture was taken and I saw the print later on..

I looked like a serial killer who had just killed his mother and put her in the fridge out back..

I shaved it all off that day and have been clean shaven ever since...

I will do the 1-2 day growth on some weekends just to look rough and tough :laugh:

The weekend beard....:love:

Yum. I love it when my BF does that.

I've always dated clean-shaven men and that is what I preferred UNTIL I met my current SO. He just looks better with facial hair. He has a goatee that he keeps trimmed and nice looking. The beard looked dumb on him and I'd point and laugh if I saw a mustache.

He goes back and forth between the goatee and clean-shaven but I do really prefer him with hair. It's so weird for me because I've never liked it on a guy before.

The soul patch is the worst facial hair move I've ever seen. :sick:

So a goatee is ok even though it includes a mustache?

• Author

Unfortunately it's been my experience that immature blogger types who like to publicly humiliate others like to grow goatees for whatever reason. :mad:

I only shave thrice a week at the most since I got tired of going to "out" places... it gives me that Arafat flair. :confused: