Guys, in the very early stage of dating, do you want a woman to call you or not?

paris38

Just tell me straight up, please. How much should I call if I'm interested, or do you really want to do all the pursuing and should I leave it all up to you?

Just tell me straight up, please. How much should I call if I'm interested, or do you really want to do all the pursuing and should I leave it all up to you?

Don't let us do all the pursuing, that's a bad idea. It's okay to call here and there, just feel him out on the phone and if he is talkative then stay on for a while. If seems seems quite or flighty, just say something like "I just wanted to call to see what your up to", I gotta run. Different strokes for different folks, I think it's okay to call every other day though.

P.S. If you go on a date and he open the car door for your, reach over and open his, you will score major points here! :D

P.S. If you go on a date and he open the car door for your, reach over and open his, you will score major points here! :D

:laugh: :laugh: That's funny.

Agreed. :cool:

I don't like to do all the pursuing either. If a girl isn't showing any reciprocated effort then it's kind of a waste of time to keep going after her. It's all about the give and take.

• Author

I agree about the cardoor thing, but he has remote car door lockers on his key chain and he always opens it before we get to the car. THat is one thing, he doesn't open my car door, but he says he has been criticized by women in the past for doing that, (like feminists who get offended a guy would want to open their car door for her) so he stopped. LOL

Thats a mighty handsome cock ya got there Rooster.

:rolleyes:

Conversely, that's a rather nice **ssy you have there as well.;)

(like feminists who get offended a guy would want to open their car door for her)

I can't say I blame him for this at all. I have a newfound dislike for feminist or any woman who has to claim how independant she is all the time.

Sounds like he has experienced some real winners in the past. :lmao:

Just tell me straight up, please. How much should I call if I'm interested,

one call per week and one email per week and one date per week....thats all I want. I like this to go on for the first 6 to 8 weeks of dating. After that, the contact can be more frequent.

I open the car door on every date and I've never had a girl get offended. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just surprised to hear how often others have had it happen.

If a girl did get offended by me opening her door, I'd probably just tell her to shut her hole and get me a beer. :D

Agreed. :cool:

I don't like to do all the pursuing either. If a girl isn't showing any reciprocated effort then it's kind of a waste of time to keep going after her. It's all about the give and take.

This is soooo lame.

I once got into a big 'ole fight with a guy I was dating when I didn't do this. He clicked his automatic car lock thinger and opened my door for me. WHY would I fake-pretend to reach over and unlock his car door when it's already unlocked?!?!?!

This is soooo lame.

I once got into a big 'ole fight with a guy I was dating when I didn't do this. He clicked his automatic car lock thinger and opened my door for me. WHY would I fake-pretend to reach over and unlock his car door when it's already unlocked?!?!?!

There was already a big hijack on another thread about this. Just to clarify, it's not unlocking an already-unlocked door. It's opening from the inside for a guy after he's opened it for you.

It's by no means a requirement, but the girls who have done it for me in the past have scored some major points for it. It's just a nice gesture.

It's by no means a requirement, but the girls who have done it for me in the past have scored some major points for it. It's just a nice gesture.

why? cause you're too lazy to open your car door yourself? :rolleyes:

There was already a big hijack on another thread about this. Just to clarify, it's not unlocking an already-unlocked door. It's opening from the inside for a guy after he's opened it for you.

I still think it's lame. It's tit-for-tat, which takes all the chivalry out of it.

The whole purpose of opening the door for the girl is to make it easy for her to get in and out of the car. Opening a door, pulling out the chair, helping her with her coat - all the same purpose. Guys generally take pleasure in making this teeny efforts to please a woman, and receive gratification when they're able to do something nice like this for her and she's appreciative (a "thank you"). On the other hand, if she, in all her prettied-up glory, has the reach allllll the way over and pull on the handle and push the door open (this is pretty damn awkward from the passenger seat, particularly if it's a large vehicle and she's a petite person), it defeats the purpose of doing something nice for her, pleasing her in this manner.

And what's particularly lame is that because there are macho girls out there that do this, the ones that don't get called princesses... ugh.

Well I don't do it unless it's very cold out and were in a car that doesn't automatically unlock. Besides, I never have enough time to open it. He's already on the other side and opens the door before I can.

I still think it's lame. It's tit-for-tat, which takes all the chivalry out of it.

The whole purpose of opening the door for the girl is to make it easy for her to get in and out of the car. Opening a door, pulling out the chair, helping her with her coat - all the same purpose. Guys generally take pleasure in making this teeny efforts to please a woman, and receive gratification when they're able to do something nice like this for her and she's appreciative (a "thank you"). On the other hand, if she, in all her prettied-up glory, has the reach allllll the way over and pull on the handle and push the door open (this is pretty damn awkward from the passenger seat, particularly if it's a large vehicle and she's a petite person), it defeats the purpose of doing something nice for her, pleasing her in this manner.

And what's particularly lame is that because there are macho girls out there that do this, the ones that don't get called princesses... ugh.

It's not tit-for-tat. If I open the door for her 1000 times and she opens it for me 0 times, I'll still continue to do it. It's just nice when women make those teeny efforts to please men.

Whether or not you agree doesn't really matter. If I like it, I like it. And I doubt that the girls who opened my door appreciated the fact that I opened it for them any less. In fact, one might argue that given their apparent mindset they would appreciate it more.

It's just nice when women make those teeny efforts to please men.

Personally I'd appreciate a nice home cooked dinner made by her. You know like a nice pot roast and roasted potatoes with some nice green veggies. Forget about her opening my door man!

Personally I'd appreciate a nice home cooked dinner made by her. You know like a nice pot roast and roasted potatoes with some nice green veggies. Forget about her opening my door man!

Either one is fine by me. :D

This is soooo lame.

It's not lame at all, it's a gesture and it scores points. I just started dating a girl and one of the biggest reasons I'm letting her hang around is because of this. Like TAN said, it's not a prerequisite, it just shows the woman is capable of give and take. You should try it sometime, you might be able to keep a guy interested a little longer.

Cheers!

You forgot..

get me a beer while I'm watching the game

Take my shoes off (after opening my beer)

Rub my shoulders (while I'm drinking my beer)

Ask permission to have sex with me (after I finish my beer)

D'oh! :D

My first meal I usually serve a new BF is a hotdog & mac n' cheese. I am not lookin' to score points with a man.

My first meal I usually serve a new BF is a hotdog & mac n' cheese.

well i only date women who are good cooks. if some chick tried to pass that stuff off as dinner to me I'd never give her a call again (especially if its the first meal she's making for me)

jesus christ i know dogs that eat better than that man! :lmao:

My first meal I usually serve a new BF is a hotdog & mac n' cheese. I am not lookin' to score points with a man.

That's just plain wrong!

At least make them Brats' or something. :laugh: