LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Is he worth my time?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2019, 3:15 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
Well, when he DID ask you out, you had a bad excuse and said no (the shops are closed. Really?) You have to do something HE wants to do sometime, not just what you want to do.
I agree that it was a lame excuse and that we have to do something that he really wants and NOT just what I want.

But at the same time he says "I don't know" every time I ask him "What do you want to do?" I don't think he really cares about what we are doing. All he cares about is to be with me not to sound gay-ish hahah
Tagalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 3:17 PM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronni_W View Post
Tagalz, You are needing to spend waayyyyy too much of your time and Energy on this guy! If he doesn't contact you for Wednesday, then you're going to make another excuse for why you need to make another test. What is blocking you (your mind) from already accepting that you are not as important to him as he is to you? <-- Sorry to be blunt.
Nah just go ahead and be blunt it's okay. Well that is hard to say. I think the feelings is mutual? He asks me to do something today which is wednesday so that only means that he still cares

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 13th February 2019 at 3:22 PM.. Reason: Fix quote
Old 13th February 2019, 3:24 PM   #33
Established Member

Further Update!

Yo!

he asks if I wanted to do something today and I said yes. So yeah it means that he is still interested to hang out. I'm just writing about what we did.

I started to wait for him outside the university and then we went to eat. We had a discussion wether or not the results of the match against Barcelona vs Real madrid was a good one. He's opinion is that the match was a bad one to Real because they needed the win while my opinion was that it was bad for Barcelona because they only got 1 point. So yeah it was a lot of conversations about football which I like!

After that we walked around the city but I got tired of walking so we sat down a bit. He said why am I so emotional? I was like what I'm just tired of walking I don't understand why he calls me for a emotional guy. It's okay to be tired of walking hahah

Other than that it was a awesome day
Old 16th February 2019, 6:25 PM   #34
Established Member

Should I cut him off?

Hey!

So I remember I was testing my friend to see if he's interested in hanging out with me. I stopped contacting him since It's always me who initiate contact, so he did pass the test and asked me out.

Well now it seems like he is not interested at all. I like to take turns so since he contacted me, then it's my turn now.

I said let's hang out tomorrow and he said "I can't I have other plans" then I said look it's fine but what about wednesday?

He just answered me with "Nice" like wtf? Did he just not read what I wrote or did he just say "Nice" to give me a sign?
Old 16th February 2019, 7:00 PM   #35
Established Member

Tagalz, do you have a romantic interest in this guy?
Ronni_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 7:34 PM   #36
Established Member

Sounds like he agreed.
Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 7:43 PM   #37
Established Member

Quote:
Tagalz, do you have a romantic interest in this guy?
No hahah I'm not gay. When I write "Hang out" i mean as a friend. It's just that the language collapses from Norwegian to English. But since I have addressed it now you know that I don't have any romantic interest in that guy
Old 16th February 2019, 7:45 PM   #38
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair View Post
Sounds like he agreed.
Yeah agreed to not be my friend anymore. And I have no idea why he is acting like that.
Old 16th February 2019, 7:55 PM   #39

If it is causing you to wonder whether he is worth the effort of just even making friends with and causing all this confusion, what does that tell you?

Relieve the "pain."
Henzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 7:56 PM   #40
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagalz View Post
But since I have addressed it now you know that I don't have any romantic interest in that guy
Then why do you keep speaking and acting exactly like someone who actually does have a romantic interest in this guy?
Ronni_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 8:15 PM   #41
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henzer View Post
If it is causing you to wonder whether he is worth the effort of just even making friends with and causing all this confusion, what does that tell you?

Relieve the "pain."
Well it tells me that he's not interested. But I won't jump to conclussion too fast. He has passed the test but it seems like I have to give him more tests which I won't do cause then I'm too kind.

I'm just going to give him one more chance. If he doesn't reply or still answer me with "Nice" then I'm cutting him off
Old 16th February 2019, 8:17 PM   #42
Established Member

Quote:
Then why do you keep speaking and acting exactly like someone who actually does have a romantic interest in this guy?
hahah good question. I don't have other ways to form the sentence
Old 16th February 2019, 9:41 PM   #43
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagalz View Post
Well it tells me that he's not interested. But I won't jump to conclussion too fast. He has passed the test but it seems like I have to give him more tests which I won't do cause then I'm too kind.

I'm just going to give him one more chance. If he doesn't reply or still answer me with "Nice" then I'm cutting him off
I’d just cut it already. Still better response than my “best friend” who uttered one word to me in three months.
MetallicHue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 10:49 AM   #44
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicHue View Post
I’d just cut it already. Still better response than my “best friend” who uttered one word to me in three months.
Yes but It may sounds like it’s all he’s fault and not mine. I want to talk to him and ask why he’s not interested. Then I can figure out what the problem was.
Old 2nd March 2019, 5:40 PM   #45
Established Member

Unhappy This is really annoying me to the point that I don't want to be he's friend anymore

Hey!

This is about my friend who is not serious when it comes to hanging out. No I'm not gay me and him are friends.

So here is the thing: I asked if he wanted to do something yesterday. He said sure let me eat and then I call you.

he calls me, but I said that I we can't do the same thing all the time. just walking around the city have we been doing all the time. and it was late so all the shops were closed. I told him that I'm going to hangout at this place where teenagers plays fifa, poker and chill. Sort of a club. He said sure just call me tomorrow and we talk from there.

Me today: I call him 2-3 times without him picking up. He doesn't have an answer and just texts me so late when I'm about to go home "Hey! Sorry I didn't have time today but let's meet up tomorrow?"

Here is what I don't get: I told him I'm going to be busy tomorrow so why is that every time I'm busy he wants to hangout? There is no logic in that. I cannot hangout with him when I don't have time and when I do have time then he is the one who don't want to hang out....

Last edited by Tagalz; 2nd March 2019 at 5:42 PM..