Dating and relationships during retrograde?

Curious if this affects anyone?

How do you handle others during retrograde?

Or do you shy away from others during?

And last but not least do you fall in the category that retrograde doesn’t affect your life?

*** As the ruler of communication in astrology, when the planet Mercury goes rogue – or Retrograde – it can cause things to feel out of kilter. Areas in which people generally prosper may suddenly appear to to be clouded with surprisingly difficulty. Mercury Retrograde takes place three or four times annually.

(Reference from express.co.uk)

I personally do not believe in astrology in a serious way, but, I am curious nonetheless. I will be observing if anything interesting happens with me, communication-wise, until the retrograde ends. Anyhow, it would be interesting to hear if you yourself have any experience with this, OP.

• Author

A while back I learned of my true nature.

LOA and how what we believe creates our reality. So needles to say believing that one planet can affect a person so much that when retrograde hits hundreds of posts pop up of people blaming retrograde on a lot of their issues and shortcomings.

At the same time I do believe it can alter the way some communicate and I truly have seen how retrograde can alter my introspection during that time. Bringing more internal issues to surface. But I also follow along with birth charts and understand that it effects everyone differently and don’t blindly believe that my retrograde experience will be like anyone else’s. I also understand that just because retrograde hits doesn’t mean I will lose control of how I react to and manifest my reality. I think of it as more of a nudge of what I need to work on.

I do shy away from making big decisions and try to put a little more time between responses to situations. Over time I recognized that I would react blindly while being in the middle of dealing with stuff. I don’t like taking my issues out on others.

Edited by Osho

Thank you so much for sharing with me. This is very interesting. I have heard that understanding birth charts is the most accurate way of understanding these phenomenon. Do you have any links or material on mercury retrograde impacting the different star signs? I would be curious to read about it.

Justanaverageguy
A while back I learned of my true nature.

LOA and how what we believe creates our reality. So needles to say believing that one planet can affect a person so much that when retrograde hits hundreds of posts pop up of people blaming retrograde on a lot of their issues and shortcomings.

I feel the same. I believe many people who closely follow astrology are unconsciously "giving their power away" and drawing experiences into their life based on a preconceived belief about how a particular celestial event is supposed to manifest in their life. It is the belief which makes the effect real. Sometimes this belief may be positive and so draw positive events into their life ..... but sometimes it may also be negative and so their belief is drawing unnecessary negative experiences into their life.

My moto is simply to take control of your reality and always be conscious of where you are placing your belief \ faith - and whether you are handing your conscious control of your life experience over to others, to chance and maybe even unconsciously willingly negative circumstances into your experience.

All things are possible for the one who believes. ;) so take your power back and place belief in what you want - without the need for the stars to align to get it.

eg:

Curious if this affects anyone? - No retrogrades and planetary alignments have absolutely no effect on me or my life or my communication and relationships with others. My life is filled with ease and grace and my interactions with others go smoothly regardless.

How do you handle others during retrograde? It makes no difference to my normal interactions - the events in my life and my interactions with others are not effected by planets or stars.

Or do you shy away from others during? No - I interact with them normally as I always do and my life and interactions with others flows smoothly as always.

:)

Edited by Justanaverageguy
  • Author
Thank you so much for sharing with me. This is very interesting. I have heard that understanding birth charts is the most accurate way of understanding these phenomenon. Do you have any links or material on mercury retrograde impacting the different star signs? I would be curious to read about it.

Finding articles about this topic are not easy as the search results sho how a retrograde in one of your houses will effect your life. I would suggest getting your birth chart and learning more about it and how each house effects your daily life. Maybe download Co-star (iOS) and pay attention to how the current planetary alignment affect you specifically. With that you may have a better understanding of how any current retrograde will affect you specifically.

• Author

I notice as of lately I have an urge to let of past thoughts and cords to old flames and parts of me that are no longer serving me.

I even randomly wrote out a loa entry in my journal releasing and forgiving everyone and everything in my past.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Curious if this affects anyone?

How do you handle others during retrograde?

When planets are in retrograde it simply means that their influence will be 'repeated' so that the affected Lifestream has a 'double opportunity' as it were, to learn,

grow and make progress from that specific radiation.

ALL of the Rulers of the planets rule over the communication of the radiations of the Energies and vibrations of their specific domain, to all of the Lifestreams (individuals) under their charge...

...this is not specific to the Ruler, Mercury.

Curious. Do you see 'retrogrades' as having more to do with how you do others, or more to do with how you do yourself?

• Author
Curious. Do you see 'retrogrades' as having more to do with how you do others, or more to do with how you do yourself?

I have already answered this and stated along the same lines as your post.

osho,

The only part of as astrology I know, that applies to this, is that it is unadvisable to get married when venus is retrograde. :)

Hi, Osho.

I only started studying spiritual astrology about six months ago…so your insights are much appreciated.

This article on Mercury retrograde says that the “apparent reversal in Mercury’s orbit is actually just an illusion to the people viewing it from Earth.”

On the other hand, I know that all astrologists put a lot of stock and importance on retrogrades.

Since I am a new student, if retrograde is but an illusion…or, is based on an illusory perception, would you advise to continue to use it as I stated above, or to just start ignoring it altogether?

I’ve been reading works on ancient Kabbalistic astrology…but totally cannot make heads nor tails of the ‘Book of Formation / Sefer Yetzirah’

:confused: :confused: :confused: -

- any insights/understanding that you can offer on that would be much appreciated! (Though I can make a little bit more sense out of ‘The Key of Solomon’ {digital edition by J. H. Peterson}.)

I’ve also found the definitions and explanations for the qualities and challenges of each of the zodiacal Signs, in the free course ‘The Ancient Art and Science of Awakening Consciousness

at GnosticTeachings.org, to be quite illuminating; and also the same at Kabbahlah.com (links to each Sign at the bottom of the ‘introduction’ text) -- although it’s given in a quite different way.

Many thanks for any information, resources, etc., that you would offer.

• Author

Ariewoman: I never never knew that, makes sense though. I donÂ’t think I would even dare to begin dating someone during retrograde. Especially if they believe in astrology.

Ronnie_W: I actually subscribe to the idea that we create our own reality.

So believing in anything gives it power. And yes there is a collective conscious and singular conscious that is semi separated from the collective. And as I know mercury affects communication so if it is in retrograde then it will affect communication. As far as it being an illusion makes no difference as of right now. Much like when they first starting predicting the weather. Before the collective believed it, it was very inaccurate. The more people believed it the more accurate it was. So this retrograde being an illusion thing is only as powerful as your own personal beliefs. The collective hasnÂ’t picked it up as much as they have believing that retrograde can control their lives. Hence me even posting the question. I like to hear from everyone in their beliefs.