LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Spirituality & Religious Beliefs

Anyone ever feel a timeless spiritual connection

Spirituality & Religious Beliefs Contemplate your place and purpose in the universe.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2019, 9:23 PM   #1
Established Member

Anyone ever feel a timeless spiritual connection

One of the other threads made me think of this. I'll be very sad when any of my exes pass.

I actually had a psychic event in the nineties when my old flame got shot and nearly died. Hadn't seen him or even thought about him in years and all of a sudden, all day I was bombarded with every memory about him. I thought it meant he was dead. It was only a few years later, I found his resume on the internet and emailed just to see what would happen. He was alive. Then as we began talking, I found out about his near-death experience. He said his life in our home state flashed before him and he thought he was dead but someone got him to the hospital and that's the next thing he knew.

I always had lots of dreams about him decades ago, but not anymore. Last night I had a dream about him and it was short and weird, and I wonder about its meaning. I was sitting somewhere like a restaurant, at a table. A woman came up and told me, (fake name) Chase is almost here, but you'll have to open the opium ball. [no idea what an opium ball represents] So an object was then on the table that was wrapped heavily in many layers of muslin, so I unwrapped it. Then instantly he was at the door some distance away, as he looked 15 years ago, older and beard and all. And then suddenly his young face from the '70s was right over my left shoulder in profile. And I felt his essence.

And that was it. Now I wonder if this weird dream means he passed. I feel like I had to open the opium ball to help him pass. Like my spirit helped him pass or something.

I always felt I went back centuries with him and that we'd had better times together. After I first met him in the early '70s, I had what can only be called daytime visions of a past time that he and I were in. I documented my dreams back then and there were a lot I didn't understand. I wish I'd documented the visions, but I wrote them off as fantasies. Some dreams really stood out though and seemed significant. One I just had the perspective of being behind a couple from real old times, long dresses, etc. going back centuries, and I knew that was supposed to be us and we were going through these gates to a house in a field to announce our engagement.

Another, we were in Rome or somewhere by a fountain. But it had modern elements.

Do any of you feel an inexplicable spiritual connection to someone that seems to go back in time as well?
Old 2nd January 2019, 9:42 PM   #2
Established Member

I wish. I'm a confirmed atheist but I have a strong sense of worth and purpose and love that other people do too. But so far, I haven't had the bonding I crave. I lived with someone for five years and felt close to her but found out she lied to me about some serious stuff--like telling me her son's father was dead and killed in this romantic kind of way when he was freaking alive all along. It made me start wondering about all those times I freely let her use my car and never asked where she had been. I trusted her implicitly and then she blurted out this truth without remembering that fable she told. When we broke up, she cheated on her new guy with me. So, my faith in her as trustworthy has crumbled--even though I love the memory of us when things were good. She is still in my dreams decades later.
See-Me-Feel-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 10:02 PM   #3
Established Member

She sounds kind of crazy. Well, this old flame business was never a huge romance, but we had some sort of different type connection and then I had all this kind of psychic stuff going on with him intermittently. He doesn't. It's me. I told him about it.

You know, sounds like you have big love inside you and no good place to aim it yet. I have often felt the same throughout my life. Not everyone can even handle it much less deserve it. It's kind of sad, isn't it?
preraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 10:23 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
She sounds kind of crazy. Well, this old flame business was never a huge romance, but we had some sort of different type connection and then I had all this kind of psychic stuff going on with him intermittently. He doesn't. It's me. I told him about it.

You know, sounds like you have big love inside you and no good place to aim it yet. I have often felt the same throughout my life. Not everyone can even handle it much less deserve it. It's kind of sad, isn't it?

Yes, it is.
See-Me-Feel-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 11:48 PM   #5
Established Member

I believe that certain people are connected to others in ways the rest of us can't process. If you are such a person, go with what you are feeling.

For now, I'd google the person your dream was about. See if he's still on this mortal plane.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2019, 2:04 PM   #6
Established Member

Hi!!

I truly believe that we are all one and there is no separation between our energetic fields. If we have a close energetic connection, we will carry that in our spirit level no matter the distance.

I had a similar experience. 3 years ago, I fell to my kitchen floor and started bawling. Physically I was ok, but it felt as if my whole soul was being crushed. I couldn’t move for hours. It wasn’t until the next day I found out my friend was killed.

I have heard of many other people describe the exact same experience. You have heightened psychic abilities. I also think you should reach out to your friend. Everything has meaning.

Wishing you a beautiful day.
Old 6th January 2019, 5:59 PM   #7
Established Member

Yes I will have to check the news on him. I'm not in contact with him anymore. I just hope he died in the US so I'll be able to find something. I guess I'm putting it off. Or waiting for something else to happen.

Thanks for everyone's comments.
Old 6th January 2019, 6:13 PM   #8
Established Member

Well, I did a preliminary Google, and it doesn't look like he's dead, but I'll have to specifically search for obituaries to know for sure. So what it looks like is that he has finally published the book I edited for him about 15 years ago! So I hope that means he's okay. He is getting up in years. I guess I better go order one even though I have the typewritten transcript.
Old 22nd February 2019, 4:05 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divegrl View Post
I truly believe that we are all one and there is no separation between our energetic fields.
We are all one in the sense that we all are from The One Source, yes; but, we are also individualizations, or different Lifestreams ('streams of consciousness'), of that One Source.

When there are karmic connections, (a number of the articles on that page deals with those), that is what allows us to feel closer to some people than to others.

In the cases of when we are (metaphysically) made to be aware of when they are suffering/experiencing a trauma, it is not necessarily any longer a positive connection;
it could be heralding, for us (but not necessarily also for the other person), that it's something that we need to deal with, let go and transcend.
Ronni_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 4:32 PM   #10
Established Member

One of my exBFs and I were so connected that we both had the same dream one night. We weren’t even in the same bed, he was home and I was here.

I know when he’s on my street before he drives past. I also know when my exH drives past my house but that’s mostly because he’s on a Harley. I really don’t want to share any connection with that person.

Years and years ago my grandmother had a dream that the “baby was wet”. She called my Aunt because she thought her little baby needed to be changed. Come to find out it was the night my brother died. He drowned.
Old 25th February 2019, 4:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post

Years and years ago my grandmother had a dream that the “baby was wet”. She called my Aunt because she thought her little baby needed to be changed. Come to find out it was the night my brother died. He drowned.
That's amazing and amazingly creepy...

My grandmother also had a dream about it the night my sister died...

Another dream she had was that she is talking to her late mother. She was telling her it is time for two of them to reconnect. She died unexpectedly from heart attack only 2 days after that.
Viva_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 6:36 AM   #12
Established Member

My ex and l had something l still don't understand.
You know , l can understand it say when l was married 20yrs and we were already very connected from the day we met and through all those years and life all that quadruples.
That l get.
But this thing with someone else , people wouldn't even believe most of it so l'll just mention a few small everyday things.
lt was long distance, the other side of the world and not only but of course our days and nights were opposite.
She could wake me up , ask me or talk to me and l would. l could same with her. We did it dozens and dozens of times.
l could be at work l work at home , suddenly drop everything , go inside, make a coffee, sit down comfortable , pick up the phone ready , it rings 15 seconds later and be her, same dozens and dozens of times.
Same with messages but some really bizarre things happened with those.
We might not of talked all day or her night, or she'd be flying, whatever.
We'd sit down at the exact second and write an exact sentence to each other and send.
Messages would literally pass each other like cars on a road, land on hers and mine together. That happened 100s if times,
ln the exact same way we drew the same picture quite a few times , impossible and not only but with some odd feature on both too like a rose with a heart hanging from a leaf we'd both drawn a few days before.
There was 100s and 100s of things, much weirder and bigger than those they were only little but still impossibles . l've never in my life not even in my marriage seen or had anything like this.

The weirdest thing is though , we couldn't work it out, we visited for a long time but the moving and all , was too much.
We still feel each other now it's been a few years. l know when she's sad or l only or when l'll hear from her and usually her me,
l know when it's just too much and we're both upset and her me. We'll never forget each other the rest of our lives , we know that.
But why did this happen and how could it've happened and from the other side of the world, yet we couldn't make it work.
l'll just never understand why it was,what was the point of us meeting and being this crazy bizarre thing , if it lead to nowhere.

Last edited by chillii; 10th March 2019 at 6:45 AM..
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 7:15 AM   #13
Established Member

She says maybe it happened to help us both get over our marriages and show us we will love again, give us new hope again.
But l dunno , even though it did do all that , it was way way way too extreme to just be about that.
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 1:48 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillii View Post
what was the point of us meeting and being this crazy bizarre thing , if it lead to nowhere.
Well...it didn't lead you, individually, to "nowhere"; it's got you to pondering, and questioning 'how and why', or the 'metaphysical science' behind how it can happen and why it would happen.

Since you've personally experienced all these 'psychic' or 'metaphysical' communications, you at least know that it is possible. But, the problem is that material science cannot, and therefore will not,
explain it. But, since it happened to you, of course there must be a valid, reasonable, rational explanation for at least how it happens, even if not for the 'why' of it.

A lot of people are hesitant, reluctant or afraid to look beyond material science for answers to the questions that their real-life experiences sort of 'force' them to ask...but,
staying hesitant just means keeping oneself always asking and always being at a loss for or ignorant of any valid or meaningful answers.

Other than going 'outside of the box', you might just have to satisfy yourself that, unfortunately, you won't be able to get any satisfactory answers.

This article, The strangle link between the human mind and quantum physics, will be considered 'outside the box' by some, even some material scientists, but,
it might also spark a different perspective or questioning in a different way.

Wishing you the best; hope you find answers that make perfect sense to you, as reasonable and rational explanations for your experiences.
Ronni_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 3:13 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillii View Post
She says maybe it happened to help us both get over our marriages and show us we will love again, give us new hope again.
But l dunno , even though it did do all that , it was way way way too extreme to just be about that.

You had a psychic connection with her. I've had it one-way with an old flame (subject of this post) and I've had it with my old college roommate, nonamourous, just always right there, you know. Sadly, that special connection she and I had, something happened after she married and had kids and she just forced me out of her life, and she died young. I don't know, but I still dream about her and I saw someone in the store who dressed like her and could have been her older and on meth (too thin). She haunts me. She did have some inherited mental health issues and I think those must have gotten worse. I did see some erratic changes before we stopped seeing each other.

With her, it was like we were on the same wavelength. With him, I had what I didn't realize back then were likely past-life memories.

I worked with a guy I fell in love with prior to working together and had a sad bitter breakup when he and my roommate/old friend slept together just for no good reason. I worked with him for 10 years. He is not a "heady" guy. He would scoff at any notion that he had any psychic abilities, but there was so much weird energy because of the situation that it was a difficult experience I think for both of us.

I do live in my head a lot and I have to suppress myself in office situations unlike some people who are more modulated, I guess. I have this small entry in my journal:

Precedent to his passage, I was explaining that I was in a dense funk, meaning kind of withdrawn and inward that day.

"(The ex) came in and took my hole puncher and exited the room. When time came that I needed it, I sat in my denseness and held the paper up while in my mind I was telling him I needed my hole puncher, and he appeared promptly through the closed door, eyes full of amazement. I said, 'It’s easier than getting up.' He said, 'Next time you need me, just think.' Well, he may become a believer yet, but he still ignores all the good stuff."

He totally heard me. And this was such a nothing little thing, no possible meaning to it.

I do think sometimes there is definitely a reason and sometimes it is just random, but that it is real. If nothing else, it lets us know that there is something more than we understand and keeps our minds open.