LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

My Poem is Getting Published!!

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th February 2019, 3:18 PM   #31
Established Member

Congratulations, bathtub-row... is fantastic news. I hope you have heaps more published as well.
This terrible silence stops me..."
Sarah_Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 7:44 PM   #32
Established Member

Congrats bathtub! That's awesome! I wish you success and luck

Maybe the right person will see it and get you places.
Old 22nd February 2019, 2:01 PM   #33
Established Member

Hi there bathtub

Congrats and I would love to read your poem, but understand your desire to remain anonymous here.

I have always loved to read and even in my younger days liked to read the 'great works of literature' even when they weren't assigned in school. Crazy, I know !

But I always struggled with poetry. I just couldn't 'get it' most of the time. I then took a college class taught by a friend and he met with me once a week outside of class to spend more time helping me understand WTF I was reading. That seemed to make all the difference and now I get more out of the poetry I read . It is still hard work for me though.

My friend sadly is deceased now, but I proudly have all five of his books on my shelf and all five have a personal inscription in front to me. He realized what a motorhead I was with poetry and he took extra pride in getting me to appreciate what I read.
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019, 3:00 PM   #34
Established Member

Cool story, Dude Abides! And thank you for the congrats. I admit that thereís a lot of poetry out there that baffles me but I like it in general. I rarely read it though, although I love reading novels and biographies. Like you, I have always read on my own. I won an award in elementary school for reading the most books in the library. I didnít think much of it at the time but it amuses me now.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats. So nice!
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote