LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Belly Fat,,, how to get rid of it?

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2016, 12:51 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidKnightDreams View Post
Keeping track of your exercise and caloric intake is a good idea. I've found it helps me analye what I've done and decide how to improve.

When I faced that problem, I found that I was eating too many calories. Putting myself at a slight calorie deficit and intermittent fasting helped tremendously.

I don't know what your diet is like, but you could consider increasing protein and lowering carbs and sugar. Increasing fiber also.

Wouldn't try to spot reduce, but focus on increasing overall fitness. Aerobic exercise can help lose belly fat, but I think increasing muscle mass helps to keep it off long-term.
Yeah I am doing this right now .. Trying to controlling what i eat and increasing fiber and protein and lowering sugar and fat
Noproblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 12:52 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthtripper View Post
I think genes has a lot to do with it too. My mother and her sisters and I all have flabby stomachs no matter what we eat. Depending on where your ancestors originated, some people naturally store more abdominal fat which biologically serves as energy to enable them to endure cold seasons when food is scarce/famine.
I have to agree with you, but again we have to fight our bad genes.
Old 16th September 2016, 12:53 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo657 View Post
The secret to loosing belly fat is simple. Stop eating sugar and saturated fat. With moderate exercising involving endurance training (like running, cycling or swimming) you Will eventually loose it. Belly fat is essentially your body storing what it doesent need, and fat doesn't transform into muscles.
I am doing this right now, but you know I think my results will take a long time
Old 16th September 2016, 12:54 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhist View Post
Give up wheat and watch it disappear. They call it a wheat belly for a reason.

Not gonna happen

I am not going to give up wheat

But i am eating way less wheat than before.

I eat a slice of bread in the morning with my egg.
Old 16th September 2016, 12:56 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grays View Post
I agree, get rid of wheat for a couple of months and see what happens.

I also agree that working your abs is not going to get rid of the fat, but good strong abs won't hurt. I'm excited to say that, at 46 yrs old, I have strong hard abs for the first time in my life and it's from sprinting, which I love. Sprinting is also supposed to be a good fat burner, but the truth is that I have a good amount of fat sitting on top of my impressive abs. But I still think I look better with them than without that definition.

Yeah, you know I love sprinting, and high intensity cardio, but my knee will kill me if I tried that again. I don't want to injure myself again. I am sticking to jogging, walking and rowing. You know low intensity cardio, because other wise my knee pain will return.
Old 16th September 2016, 3:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noproblem View Post
Not gonna happen

I am not going to give up wheat

But i am eating way less wheat than before.

I eat a slice of bread in the morning with my egg.
If that's all your eating then you should be fine on that. I went no grain, dropped to stupid levels of body fat % and can now eat some grain without effect. Wheat belly is for people who live on the stuff, wheat for all three meals and hardly any veggies. The problem isn't the wheat per se, it's the GMO hybridised versions they use commercially. Bred to be super high in gluten which messes with the intestinal tract. Spelt breads are good for avoiding that and taste the same.
Buddhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 6:51 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
I have to agree with you, but again we have to fight our bad genes.
I swear, I have lost a lot of weight in the past. I have weighed as little as 45kg(I'm small-framed but this is still very light for my frame) and I still had a flabby stomach. I've cut out carbs and sugar which caused me to lose weight very quickly but the stomach flab remained. So I just don't bother anymore and I don't want to lose facial fat anyway.
Old 16th September 2016, 6:59 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
I am doing this right now, but you know I think my results will take a long time
It doesn't have to take that long if you're well disciplined. A couple of years ago I made the effort to get rid of the bit of excess I've had since my early 20's.... It took me about 3 months to get shot of 10kg - by cutting out sugary stuff and moderate exercise a few times a week. It's keeping it off that's the hard bit!
Osmium13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 7:09 AM   #24
Established Member

....we don't have to have flat, firm stomachs to be healthy, as long as we eat healthily and get enough exercise. It's just aesthetically pleasing in our culture and has nothing to do with health.
truthtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 10:43 AM   #25
Established Member

Well the answers here are unanimous. To lose belly fat just do this one thing:

1. You can't target belly fat

2. Ab exercises don't work

3. Do planks (ab exercises)

4. Get rid of sugar

5. Get rid of saturated fat

6. Get rid of wheat

7. Hiking

8. Running

9. Sprinting

10. Stairs

11. Cardio

12. Weight lifting

13. Change your genes

14. Change your hormones

15. Get surgery

It's as simple as that!
Old 16th September 2016, 12:36 PM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoStick View Post
Well the answers here are unanimous. To lose belly fat just do this one thing:

1. You can't target belly fat

2. Ab exercises don't work

3. Do planks (ab exercises)

4. Get rid of sugar

5. Get rid of saturated fat

6. Get rid of wheat

7. Hiking

8. Running

9. Sprinting

10. Stairs

11. Cardio

12. Weight lifting

13. Change your genes

14. Change your hormones

15. Get surgery

It's as simple as that!
Lol. Nah, just the hiking will do

Plus you can eat whatever you want hiking. When you're burning those kinds of calories, you have to replenish the fuel. Anything that is over 100 calories per ounce of weight is what you're looking for. Lots of high cal food with lots of carbs. That's the good stuff!
T-16bullseyeWompRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 10:49 PM   #27

Do HIIT, twice a week and you should see results. Spot reduction doesn't work.

Download the tabata timer on your phone, and follow the instructions.

Hope the above helps.
Foreverever421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 10:02 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-16bullseyeWompRat View Post
Lol. Nah, just the hiking will do

Plus you can eat whatever you want hiking. When you're burning those kinds of calories, you have to replenish the fuel. Anything that is over 100 calories per ounce of weight is what you're looking for. Lots of high cal food with lots of carbs. That's the good stuff!
I agree except for the people who genetically hold on the belly fat compared to the rest of the body.

People who do mountain hunting trips know what you're talking about. They hike in with all their food and gear, and walk out 10 pounds lighter in less than a week, even while eating tons of high calorie food.
PogoStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 4:45 PM   #29
Established Member

Age has an impact too. No doubt because your metabolism changes as you get older.

Ah, the days when you could eat whatever you liked and never put a pound on... What happened to them?
Osmium13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 1:13 PM   #30

Metabolism is largely about how much muscle mass you have. That doesn't have to go away with age. Although if all you ever do is be sedentary and "diet" to lose "weight" in any form, than yes as you age you're metabolism is going to slow down. But it's not because you aged. It's because as you aged, you did nothing to maintain/gain muscles.
Imported is offline   Reply With Quote