LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Do men hate being single as much as women do?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2019, 5:12 PM   #16

I hate being single. And yes there is so much more than just the sex.

I miss having somebody to do activities with. I miss going out to eat with somebody and her giving an input on what she wants.

Most of all I miss the intimacy. One of my favorite memories with my ex is that we would be when we're watching TV she would lay on the couch and put her legs over my lap as I'm sitting up.

Lastly coming home from work and having somebody waiting for me is an amazing feeling that I've only got to experience a couple of times.
T-Rexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 5:53 PM   #17
Established Member

Brain development is heavily influenced by hormones, so we actually can generalize (to a degree) differences between men and women because since prenatal development, our brains have been operating under differet levels of testosterone and estrogen.

Last edited by Hopeful30; 15th February 2019 at 5:57 PM..
Hopeful30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 6:05 PM   #18
Established Member

In my experience, men like being single even less than most women do. That's why you see so many desperate dudes on here and on social media constantly stressing over how to get a girl.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 9:14 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
In my experience, men like being single even less than most women do. That's why you see so many desperate dudes on here and on social media constantly stressing over how to get a girl.
speak for yourself. I enjoyed my single life, I don't need to be tied down in a relationship, I'm in one because I want to be but I can just easily not be in one.
loversquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 9:23 PM   #20
Established Member

More.

10 characters.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 1:54 AM   #21
Established Member

Not even close true in my world. Single guys l meet or know wanna be because the've just had enough of women and just like it better without one. Most can get women if they want one but they don't.
Or they'd like to meet someone special but just haven't met the right one.
Never have l ever heard in my world , l'm not rich enough tall enough or whatever , none of that even matters there's all kinds of women out there.

Physically , no one l know or meet would put up with a women just for that. l know a couple of guys have one coming and going part time when they feel like it but no way they're letting it go any further than that.
Personally when l was single what l really missed was closeness and cuddles, l have to be right into someone and want her to want intimacy and there aren't many l want,

Last edited by chillii; 16th February 2019 at 2:02 AM..
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 6:01 AM   #22
Established Member

When I Split up with my ex (Oct 2013 5 years ago) I liked being single for a little while doing my own thing etc.. after awhile I hated being single, But I am now in a happy relationship and love spending time with them going out doing things or chilling at home watching tv

people who are serious about a relationship and want a girlfriend usually get bored of being single, the people who just want sex are usually not fussed about being single etc
GTR King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 11:01 AM   #23
Established Member

Yeah , l didn't like being single either l much prefer life as a couple.
Old 16th February 2019, 11:36 AM   #24
Established Member

I hated being single. It was next to impossible to get any dates and I seemed to be the last guy who any woman would want for casual sex so I had to get into relationships for any sex and intimacy. What was the most frustrating was that the good things I had going in my life seemed to be disregarded or even worked against me in the eyes of women, especially at that all-crucial meeting/attraction stage. I always felt this embarrassment about being single - especially when, for so long, every remotely attractive/interesting woman I met brought up a "boyfriend" or "fiance" in the first few minutes of our conversation. By the time I did get married, I was very bitter and my self-esteem was at an all-time low.

I don't know about a gender generalization about this issue. I have always gotten the sense that women tend to have a keen sense of what they (as individuals) are looking for and keep their focus on that. My insecurities were more about how I felt like I was not measuring up as a man - figuring out the specific qualities in a woman that I did and did not want seemed like a luxury I couldn't afford.
GoodOnPaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 11:54 AM   #25
Established Member

Some men hate being single as much as some women hate being single. And there are both men and women who prefer being single .

There are some men who donít enjoy chasing women and prefer to have one SO to meet their needs. It is proven by the fact that divorced men remarry faster and at a higher rate than divorced women.
BluEyeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 12:01 PM   #26
Established Member

I'm older so probably outside the target demographic of your question. Most of my single male friends do seem to wish they had someone to share their lives with. And in many cases, the script has flipped from younger days, as many 50+ single women seem happy with a life built around friends, kids, grandkids, etc.

Draw your own conclusions...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 3:44 PM   #27
Established Member

I have been single all my long life and hate it. Gave up on the idea many years ago and now it is to late. Hey, it probably would not have worked anyway, I figure, just like my GFs did not go well.

Obviously, everyone's answer will be different and some will not admit it. Women like to think men just want sex. Not true, that's an old stereotype. The more we age, very often other issues are much more important. Is it better to marry and get divorced then not be married at all? I tend to think the former, not latter. Some singles have magnetism, some are anti-magnetic and some marry for the wrong reasons.
LuckyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 5:25 PM   #28
Established Member

A lot of men would stay single forever as long as they got regular variety sex.
Old 19th February 2019, 4:38 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEyeL View Post
Some men hate being single as much as some women hate being single. And there are both men and women who prefer being single .

There are some men who don’t enjoy chasing women and prefer to have one SO to meet their needs. It is proven by the fact that divorced men remarry faster and at a higher rate than divorced women.

l think they might remarry for a different reason though than what that suggests.
Because even going through divorce later 40s just about every woman l met deep down wanted to get remarried, not saying to me but they did wanna remarry. Where as l've met very few guys that would remarry some would but only if they were 200% sure about her but even then very very cautiously. But most haven't cared either way.
But l found the marriage thing still comes on pretty strong pretty fast from the women. lt still seems much the same as back in 20s to me most girls wanted to get married so if you were with a gf longer than a 5 or 6 mths the marriage pressure would usually start and much the same now l've found.

So if a guy does get with someone new and it lasts awhile chances are she'll wanna remarry.
Hate to say it but l think it's easier even later in life for a guy to get remarried there seems to be a lot more women that wanna remarry than guys.
But eh , maybe that's just my world but l def' noticed it.

Last edited by chillii; 19th February 2019 at 4:51 PM..
Old 20th February 2019, 11:55 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allofme View Post
Most of the guys I know want to be in a relationship more than my girl friends.
Yeah men seem very one-dimensional if you go by the way they are described on here. It's certainly not the case from what I see and experience in real life. There is more to life than sex and there is (usually!) more to a man's emotional development than an endless quest for cheap and easy sex.
some_username1 is offline   Reply With Quote