LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

I want to have sex with my therapist!

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2012, 9:40 PM   #1
Established Member

I want to have sex with my therapist!

Please don't tell me that I should stop seeing him!

It's not getting in the way of my healing process but, if it ever came down to that, I would consider finding a new one.I've been seeing him weekly for 3 weeks now, and I'm thinking about him more and more. The thing is....he's not even really handsome to me! I just like his personality & the challenge of it.

I am 99% sure that he's attracted to me too.

I know you guys may say I'm wrong, or that it's just transferrence but, trust me....I can tell.He looks at me and smiles for what seems like an eternity and doesn't say anything.(I know that's a technique that good therapists use, to gauge my body language, my reactions & also his way of thinking before he speaks but, I have noticed that he doesn't smile at anyone else the way he does at me.)

During our last session I was telling him about having sex with a guy I met online.I used the word "sex"-my therapist specifically said "f*cked" twice when he was asking about it.

I mentioned to him during my first visit that my ex was a therapist & he has brought it up like 3 times.Instead of saying my ex's name he says"oh,the therapist guy?"and smiles.

I told him how much money I spend on marijuana & he said "oh-you must smoke the good stuff?"...I even called him out on that one. I said "I can tell you smoke...you just look like it" to which he said "would it make a difference to you if I did?"...basically admitting that he does.

But that's besides the point-what do you guys think about this? Should I bring it up sometime in the future when I feel like the time is right? Or should I just pretend I don't have these thoughts? Again-I'm not going to see a new therapist at this time.Thanks for any feedback and advice!
Old 10th November 2012, 9:52 PM   #2
Established Member

I also wanted to add that when I first met him, I told him that therapist & psychologists all have mental issues & that's why they are in the field.I told him that I can spot people with personality disorders from a mile away just by their eyes.I can sense it.I have NEVER been wrong yet!

I told him that I'm only attracted to guys with personality disorders.I told him that I can pick the most crazy person in the room & we will mesh together like a moth to a flame.So...my point is...I know he's nuts & he knows I know he's nuts & I'm sure we would mesh well.
AsItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Established Member

The only thing I find I can say is to please find a psychiatrist. And preferably one you wouldn't want to f*ck.

You need way more help than anyone here on this forum could ever give you.
tigressA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Established Member

Hahaha, and I think you're nutts. I'll prob get hanged for this but I say go for it!! It seems as though you've already made up your mind, and I doubt anything we say here will change that. You'll read 25 replies that say "no don't do it" and they won't sink in, but you'll latch on to the only reply that says "go for it" (this is what you're really looking for right?). Also I HIGHLY doubt you'll be thinking about responses from LS when you are in front of him pondering jumping his bones.

Let us go how it goes......
NavyAirTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:22 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigressA View Post
The only thing I find I can say is to please find a psychiatrist. And preferably one you wouldn't want to f*ck.

You need way more help than anyone here on this forum could ever give you.
I also wanted to add that despite your mental and emotional health needing extensive repair that no one here can provide, you will more than likely continue posting here for the attention you so intensely crave. I will no longer be one of those posters to satisfy that craving. I hope others here will follow my lead so that you may be spurred into seeking assistance that will do you some real good.
tigressA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:34 PM   #6
Established Member

Counselors, including psychologists and psychiatrists, would get into serious trouble if they had a romantic relationship with their clients. It's highly unethical, and compromises the therapeutic relationship. They could lose their license and be subject to legal liability. If you are having these feelings for your counselor, please ask for a referral to another one. It does compromise the therapeutic relationship and makes any progress in therapy severely compromised. Therapists also cannot engage in a romantic relationship with their clients for at least two years after therapy ends, as I recall.
KathyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:43 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigressA View Post
I also wanted to add that despite your mental and emotional health needing extensive repair that no one here can provide, you will more than likely continue posting here for the attention you so intensely crave. I will no longer be one of those posters to satisfy that craving. I hope others here will follow my lead so that you may be spurred into seeking assistance that will do you some real good.
I just want to say that your first response was actually really helpful & completely true & I appreciated it. I agree with you TigressA.I am not on LS expecting anyone to cure any "emotional or psychological problems "that I may have.I just thought was a place that everyone was welcome to discuss interpersonal relationships? It seems like I am being shunned while other posters are allowed to post anything they want & everyone is so supportive & happy to constantly reassure them.Just because I come across as having confidence, no one wants to help? How is that fair?

If you choose to never reply to anymore of my posts,that is totally your decision...and I'm actually kind of sad that I'm being treated like an outcast but I won't take it personal.I hope that others don't follow your lead because I'm really not seeking attention- I am just like anyone else on this board....searching for an outside perspective.

I wish you all the best tigressA & thanks again.
Old 10th November 2012, 10:47 PM   #8
Established Member

Thanks NavyAirTraffic & KathyM!

From what I've described....does my therapist seem unprofessional?
Old 10th November 2012, 11:05 PM   #9
Established Member

Kathy is right, I was unaware of the rules. It is a misdemeanor to have any relations (as described below) in the U.S. and will result in fines and him losing his license. However in Texas and several other states those rules have been strengthened to felonies and the minimum time has been lengthened!!

NBCC - National Board of Certified Counselors Section A: General

10. Sexual intimacy with clients is unethical. Certified counselors will not be sexually, physically, or romantically intimate with clients, and they will not engage in sexual, physical, or romantic intimacy with clients within a minimum of two years after terminating the counseling relationship.
NavyAirTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 11:14 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyAirTraffic View Post
Kathy is right, I was unaware of the rules. It is a misdemeanor to have any relations (as described below) in the U.S. and will result in fines and him losing his license. However in Texas and several other states those rules have been strengthened to felonies and the minimum time has been lengthened!!

NBCC - National Board of Certified Counselors Section A: General

10. Sexual intimacy with clients is unethical. Certified counselors will not be sexually, physically, or romantically intimate with clients, and they will not engage in sexual, physical, or romantic intimacy with clients within a minimum of two years after terminating the counseling relationship.
Yes....I am actually aware of that too.I know realistically, that it will never happen.(haha-atleast not until I stop seeing him as a therapist...and then wait 2 years) But I'm just wondering what you guys make of this?Should I ever mention it? Does he seem unprofessional by using the word "f*ck"?Is it normal for a therapist to smile at you for so long while not saying anything?I've even directly asked him a question,wanting a genuine response & he forgot all about it.
Old 11th November 2012, 12:57 AM   #11
Established Member

Its called mind ****ing you
He is a pro
He knows how to use his eyes his
Voice his body language
He is pulling on your emotions
To open your heart to him

People who have a emotional attachments
To people through eye contact voice body
Language will stay his clients...

People that feel nothing emotional will
Leave the office feeling nothing happened....

First rule when building trust is direct eye contact
Showing you arent afraid by the other person
But are inviting them
eye contact represents
Trust listening caring concern...

Unless its creepy staring...
Some womanizers can look at a women
and dialate the pupils intentionally to make
A women feel as he is attracted when infact
He only wants sex...
AsItIs and Mina like this.
charlietheginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 1:58 AM   #12
Established Member

Do a site search on the member Fun2bMe. I will try to find the link.

DO NOT have sex with your therapist. That's the biggest mistake you'll ever make in your life!!!!!
AsItIs likes this.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 4:49 AM   #13
Established Member

That guy sounds creepy. If I were in your position I would never go back to him again.
AsItIs likes this.
SpiralOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 8:34 AM   #14
Established Member

Since you're just going to do what you want anyway, here is what I suggest.

1. Tell your current therapist you want to see him away from the office and suggest that you and he smoke pot together--the good kind!

2. Get yourself a FEMALE pyschiatrist to see professionally.

Problem solved!
AsItIs likes this.

Last edited by Imajerk17; 11th November 2012 at 8:43 AM..
Imajerk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 9:14 AM   #15
Established Member

Dry running

Maybe he is just 'dry running' on you because he knows nothing can ever become of it. Maybe you are a test bed for someone else he has in mind, someone who is not a client.
AsItIs likes this.
pcplod is offline   Reply With Quote