LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Parenting

Should I have a baby on my own?

Parenting Discuss tips, concerns, and all the mayhem involved in raising kids.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2018, 12:17 PM   #31
Established Member

Oh yeah, I'm going on almost 7 years of single parenthood and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

But yes, it's crazy when they're babies and they're literally attached to you 24/7, you're nursing every single second. Then you finally think you're going to get a break when they start eating solids, but turns out it's even more work preparing them food and feeding them. Babies are heavy, strollers are a nightmare but everywhere you go you have to take them with you, they cry when you least need them to, bathing them is a ton of work, putting them to sleep is a ton of work, I can go on and on.

However, it all settles down and you get into a routine and they start growing up and talking and they can tell you what's wrong and what they need. They start going to preschool and kindergarten and their little world expands and you get to experience it all with them.

I have enjoyed being a single mom. Now that may just be my personal experience, but there it is.
noelle303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2018, 12:45 PM   #32

Hi there,
being a mother is amazing. For sure it is also very challenging!
It is always good when you have someone around who can help you and this can be a partner or family or friends or other parents. There are going to be moments that can be devastating but the beautiful moments and years with your child make up for it. The thing is that not only motherhood or money are sometimes challenging it is also other mothers or people who always know what is best. I am living at the countryside and some mothers are very judgmental. This can be when you are a single mom or also when you are formula feeding or a working mom. However there are also other people and it's them who help you through the hard times.
It is an amazing experience and I wouldn't wanna miss it!
Yours ritta
ritta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 3:36 PM   #33
Established Member

Iíd go with the friend option first. That way, youíll probably have someone to back you up when you need it, and your baby will know its father. Also, if you want to have another child later and still havenít met anyone, maybe you can go with the friend again and your children will be full siblings. The second option Iíd pursue is choosing a donor with a high IQ.

I would only encourage this if youíre financially secure though. But yes if you want a child, then have one. Honestly I wouldnít wait too much longer. I had my son at 32. It was a good age but I knew I was reaching a point where I needed to make a decision because I wasnít sure I wanted kids. Now I canít imagine my life without my son.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote