My Life As It Stands

I'm 35.

I have all my hair, although the top is thinner than it used to be.

I live alone in a four bedroom house, with three bathrooms, and two cats.

Sometimes when I tell people I have two cats, they make a big deal out of a "guy with two cats" like I have something wrong with me. I personally think people who think that have issues. Cats are cool, and so are dogs. Having a dog is like having a toddler. Having a cat is like having a roommate who craps in your sandbox. As long as it's scoopable, I'll still take the roommate.

I have a good job.

I have two college degrees.

It's been almost 6 months since I was intimate with a woman.

Same amount of time since I was on a date.

My front yard and my side yard are in great shape. My back yard looks like hell.

I keep my desk at work absolutely free of all clutter, except a little teddy bear whose head is peeking up above the desk surface because it's body is jammed up through a cord chase. People think my desk isn't assigned to anyone, but it's actually cleaner than if no one sat there.

I'm bored and distracted at work.

My house is not nearly as clean as my desk. It's pretty clean though. I've never been anal about housework.

I have two cars and a truck.

I've become good at ostracizing friends.

I can't ask a woman out. I figure it would take three or four dates before I would start to feel like my old self again. That would have to be with someone I really dig. If not, then I'd just withdraw.

I've just about finished a book on the history of Iraq.

I never sleep enough.

That's it.

You sound like your enjoying your life but your lonely. :)

Maybe a couple of more cats will do the trick.:p

westernxer

I'm reading a book about the color red in the 16th century, and how top European nations engaged in economic warfare to control the supply of red dye that came from the Latin American colonies. Red was supposed to be rare back then, and the New World variety was far superior to any of the reds used to stain cloth up to that point. It came from the cochineal insects... the Aztecs were very successful at cultivating them.

Went on a mini-diet last night after pigging out yesterday. Bought some Dexatrim and cut back on my carb intake, and it looks like my body's embracing the hunger without any problems. I do this every so often, at unpredictable moments, to look and feel better, and to break any bad eating habits developed over the last few months. The first time I did this was tough, but I was getting too comfortable (not to mention, my pants were getting tighter). Can't believe I let myself get like that. Never again.

My left knee's bothering me... it hurts whenever I ride my skateboard. Also have a bad right ankle. I think you get the picture. I should see an orthopedic, since I have great insurance now. But I can sleep okay and do other sports, so no urgency yet.

Hollywood is a crazy place to work. This Asian co-worker totally strikes my fancy, but then I noticed her wedding ring the other day (as if that really matters). I just want to do her, I think. Any time, any place.

I commute long hours, but won't move closer because of my parents. Their health is a concern of mine, and I want to be around to help them as much as possible.

It's my bedtime.

World Cup is next Friday.

I'm 39 years old. Single. No kids. Great job. Great income. Live on 1/2 acre in the D.C. suburbs. It's a very nice section of Old Town.

I'm a regular at the gym. I went every day for about 3 hours for 3 years. Since moving to VA, things have been a bit more sporadic. I packed on 25lbs. due to working out. Really no fat. Stopped going regularly since dumped, but I'm going back tomorrow. No more avoiding that animal. I want to get back to my old self.

I spend way too much time on the computer. I work on the computer at work, come home, and get on the computer.

Went out on a date tonight. Actually met the woman online. She contacted me. Surprisingly, she's quite attractive. Don't know if it's going anywhere, but it was nice to talk to someone.

Eating way too much junk food. I used to curse the stuff. Cooked for myself every day. Haven't been myself recently.

I get up at about 10AM, then go to work. They get an honest days work for an honest days pay, but the flexibility is nice.

I have a great life.

GB

RecordProducer

I guess those four bedrooms and three vehicles don't make such a good company, huh! :eek:

You need a family, Johan. Screw the dates, clean desk, and front yard (don't screw the cats though, the animal protection lobby might sue you! ;):p ).

I thought you were younger from your posts. You don't sound green, you just sound like you still have this my-whole-life-is-ahead-of-me phlosophy in your mind. It's time for you to start living your life and fill-in the important parts of it. Life is nothing if you don't share it with someone. Cats are not enough, although they are wonderful (I'd love to have a cat again, but hubby doesn't want one :) ).

It's great that you're well settled financially; now look for a girl and get married so you can have someone clean your house and wash your socks. :laugh:

Also, before you start making kids, remember your house and how it looks - cuz once they are born, it will never look the same until they move out! :D

OK, before we come to your grand-kids, what exactly did you want with this post? Were you bragging or complaining? :)

Citizen Erased

I am 19. I currently work as a receptionist to earn some money before I finish my education. I travel for 3 hours each day. All up, I spend about 13 hours each day at work and on the train. I then sleep for a further 8-9 hours. I am never awake. All for a measley 10 bucks an hour.

Weekends are spent either lounging around the house eating crap because I cannot be bothered to cook, or going out with people I can barely stomach just because if I dont do something 'fun' during the week then I will end up jumping off the Empire State Building.

I have put on about 5 kilos in a month and I feel like crap. I sit in front of a computer all day and waste half of it on here because I feel too lazy to get up and do something constructive because I know this time next year I will not be here, I will be further educating myself. I will be broke but oh well.

At the moment I live with my boyfriend who I dumped my boyfriend of 2 years for and he then:

1. Cheated on me with some fat weird looking thing at a party because he was 'drunk' when he should have been looking after me as I was passed out and left alone with a bunch of guys.

2. Told me he didn't love me and I had to spend hours convincing him to work it out.

3. He then promptly repeated Number 2 3 times more.

4. Complains to me that we dont have sex as much anymore, after my 13 hour work days. I then try to remedy that and he knocks me back so I am forced to lie next to him at night with our backs to each other listening to him snore his head off and then wonders why I feel neglected emotionally when I expect him to just hug me for 2 seconds or whatever.

My mother is a psycho bitch who is constantly waiting in the wings to point the finger at everything which I do wrong just because she got knocked up at 16 and feels the need to remind myself and my elder sister of that every day. I have no relationship with her because I finally got sick of her equally psychotic alcholic boyfriend and left (hence living with my boyfriend).

And now I am hungry.

I'm 42. Currently I'm unemployed and have no income. I Have my own house which is a little two up-two down affair in a wierd part of town. I eat cheap processed crap and most of the time feel crap. I have a degree and graduated in 2002.

I am 6 mths out of a relationship with the most paradoxical woman you could meet. If you are her aquaintance she is the most beautiful, intelligent, wise, funny person to spend time with. If she has an emotional attachment to you, like her daughter or I, she was a horse of a different colour. Bitch you out for no reason, withhold any emotional support or involvement, withhold any dialogue whatsoever, treat you as the enemy.

The relationship lasted 16 years, for the first three she had an overactive thyroid problem and she was very aggressive at this time. We sorted this and I gave it a further three years to try and sort ourselfs out. We lived together for this 6 years. In that time she would do heeps of crazy stuff, throw me out and pack my bags, then stand in front of the door so I couldn't leave; while telling me to get out of her house. Maintain a close dialogue with her parents and make all her decisions through them and their outlook. When I say close, 4 to 5 phone calls a day and daily visits from her Dad. Maintain she was independant with a manic fanatisism but when she F*cked up I would have to produce the time and resources to bail her out, with no thanks or acknowledgement afterwards.

As her daughter got older and I continued to object to the way she spoke to and treated her the woman threw me out the house for good.

She would then ring my mobile and house phone around the clock, constant until I picked up and spoke to her. She would turn up at my house and cause a scene, damage my car or property until I spoke with her and resumed the relationship. Then things would go back to normal, no dialogue, she would get physical but watch the TV throughout. Took to going out drinking with my friends from school, be fine and dandy with them, life and sole and everyones friend. Back in the house she would be secerative and angry, would not interact with me on any level, unless she was in the crap.

I tried everything in my power to end the relationship, as I say I have lived in my own house for 10 years. I cut all my phones off and kept out of her way but she just kept coming like Arnie in the terminator. I went off with other women three times, they didn't last long. as soon as she got wind she would harrass me and the woman until the situation was not viable. Then she would secure me back in the fold, give me s*** for a few months and then get back to no dialogue and no interaction. She could do what she liked, I could do what she allowed.

This makes me look like some kind of p*ssy but deep down I new the person she was and in there somewhere she's a diamond, her Dad is a controlling narcissist and her mom has probably developed some kind of histrionic disorder as a coping mechanism. The woman I was with must have inherited the worst of the narcissistic traits and the worst of the histrionic.

Now she's gone, I'm dumped and have not seen her around my house for 7 months and she doesnt ring my phones. Problem is, is that now that psychological pressure is removed all the things that went on in my life during the 16 years, I lost a brother in 2004 and other stuff are starting to surface. I was only aware of the pressure from my enforced obligation to this woman for 16 yrs. At the time my brother went it was a relief, he had a terminal disease and had been bed ridden parapalegic for 10 years. Now the hurt of loosing him is hitting me like a hammer. He was nearest to me of five kids and we hung out as children, he contracted his thing at 13 and it ebbed and flowed in severity from then on.

Well...now I'm getting my s*** together, it's wierd without the blanket (I must have allowed) this woman to throw over me. I went to the gym last night and at last I'm cleaning my house up. I've enrolled on a few courses to increase my employability and I'm taking things one step at a time. F*cking crazy thing is I miss this woman and want to contact her??? I'm taking NoFoolings advice from another thread and taking the long walk, I loved her and became institutionalised by her. Lets hope I see the light and keep on moving.

I am 27 years old. I live in the apartment that I shared with my boyfriend. Now, it's just me and my cat. She knows I am sad and is extra friendly to me lately.

I work in a job that I used to love, but now hate because I feel the need to hate everything right now. I guess it's part of the coping process.

My boyfriend was a good guy, still is...just one of those confused types that can't make a damned decision and I am leaving him alone because of it. That is a trait I find most unattractive in a man.

I have a car. A pretty good body and all my own teeth.

I am just rolling along in life right now, deciding my next step. Loving LS and the advice I read trolling around on here...since no one responded to my original post except GB, I lurk and steal advice from other replies to people in similar situations.

KittenMoon

I'll be 25 in two weeks. I have a job that I get no fulfillment at all from, but that is well-paying and has good benefits. I live alone in my apt and have a cat. I have a lot of friends but they are mostly far away having left town or will be leaving town. My bf of 6.5 years wanted to break up because "his feelings changed" and he is incapable of working hard on a relationship because he is lazy and/or doesn't believe personal relationships should be hard work. I miss him more than anything and I have no interest in letting anyone else into my life for a while, not that I have anyone to let into my life. I am simply not interested in anything right now, other than trying to keep this depression from killing me.

Im 35 yrs old. I am the IT Director at a Golf resort. I have a college education. I make good money. I have a brand new house, a brand new Car, I pay my bills on time. I Like who I am. I know what I want. I know where Im going.

I dated a woman I work with and it didnt work out. I look around this area at the other opportunities and I dont see much. That goes for both personal and work related opportunities. My original plan when I moved here last year was to spend a month with my parents, and then go to Ohio. I ended up finding a job and decided to give things a try. I dont believe they are working out for me. I want to go back to Ohio where my friends are and the social life I left behind 4 years ago. I was forced into a move my my last employer to Minneaspolis, NM. Big mistake. Looking back I think I would have rather been unemployed.

I could sell my house and make a small profit. I have money in the bank. I could move back to Ohio and pick my life back up. I know going back things are always different, but I still have friends I talk to there every week.

I am currently seeking employment in that area.

ButtonPusher

I'm 3 foot 5, have two flippers instead of arms and live in the coldest place on the planet. I get those damn killer whales trying to eat me every summer, in fact one of them got my brother last week. Now theres bloody freaks from hollywood hanging around my place trying to film my friends and myself, ever since those other weirdos came here and made a film about us.

And all i get to eat is stinking fish! :sick:

I'm 38, married to my soulmate for not quite a year, with two bio children and one stepchild.

I have a good job for someone who didn't finish college, in the financial services area. I've been here four years and get three weeks vacation plus 10 personal days. We have great benefits. Our business picks up 75% in the summertime and every year I think the summer cannot possibly be worse than the last one, but it is. It's good to have plenty of business, but it's draining on the employees. I work with a bunch of whiny people who think they should have personal assistants when the president doesn't. They get on my last nerve and I'd really like to ask them just who the hell they think they are.

I have a nice sized home in a upscale neighborhood. My husband is a teacher and part time waiter at a elite restaurant. We make good money, we travel, and I don't have to worry about how to pay my bills right now.

My in laws are fabulous and have been such a great support to me since I married their son.

I have to constantly fight with my exhusband because he married a crazy pathological liar that wants to mistreat my children and then act like she didn't when I confront their dad about it. That's one of the two downsides to my life.

Although I'm living my dream life, I still struggle with the fact that I was sexually, emotionally, physically abused as a child and teen. My mother was mentally ill and every person in my family besides me is either a drug addict or alcoholic. I have made my children's life different than mine- and they are growing up fine but I will probably always struggle with the issues caused by someone else's actions.

Sometimes when I tell people I have two cats, they make a big deal out of a "guy with two cats" like I have something wrong with me.

Don't tell prospective dates you have two cats. They may say its cool and say positive things but women generally will think its strange or effeminate... later on once she gets to know you (after a few dates) then you "let the cats outta the bag" :lmao:

My life? Its pretty good right now. :)

tinktronik

I'm 26 years old , I own a three bedroom one bath home that I'm not quite sure I'm glad I bought . Everything needs work and the bathroom is the most horrible room I've ever been in , only dynamite could improve that bathroom. I give classes in a studio in my home which is making a pretty good living , I periodically sale some of my art work , and every now and then I sell insurance ,just to seem a bit more stable when that's important. I'm in a relationship with a 42 year old man , he's quite nice ,and a creative as well ,this doesnt always mix . I have three children , who are with me for summers ,they arrive in a few weeks . They are wonderfully busy boys. I have two cats and a homeless lady that I take care of .Sometimes I feel like I was born responsible and can't seem to shake it off . I love my relationship ,my cats ,my kids , sometimes my house and even the homeless lady ,and enjoy my work.About half of the time I'm a very fulfilled person .

Lets see....

I am 24 going on 25

I am healthy and athletic

I am working on two different degrees in college

I have a cat, and will have a dog in the near future

I treat others how I would like them to treat me

I am a great listener and conversationalist

I absolutely love everything about my current job

I do my best to keep an open mind and to not judge others

I currently have a wonderful relationship with my GF

I have a weakness for animals and for chocolate

I have a positive, but realistic outlook on life.

basscatcher

I'll play this game too...

I'm 37. happily divorced for 8 years (with XH for 11 1/2 yrs) but dislike being single. I have a 16 yr old wonderful son who is very logical, has common sense and good judgement, is polite and has the best damn sense of humor which he didn't get from either his father nor me.. He is a PS2 junkie and wants to go to college to be a game developer.. He is brilliant at those damn things. Although he is lazy as hell at home..!!! He is a home body.... (which I like because I know he's not getting into trouble in the big city...)

I have no pets at the present moment. I haven't had one for 5 years. I miss my cat that I had to put down 5 years ago. I had him for 14 1/2 years. He was like my first child.. I went to college 2 times and finished the second time with a AAS in Administrative Assistant. I am a receptionist/Administrative Support for a marketing/management company in the housing industry. I hate it.. I'm looking for different employment.

I am also the caretaker of my apt bldg. It keeps my rent down. I dislike having to clean up after slobby people.. (why can't people take their frickin garbage to the dumpster instead of putting it in the laundry room can!! and put the lint in the damn garbage can too--I don't think the floor is where it belongs!!) I have a peice of shyt car that is nickling and diming me to death. It gets about 13mpg.

My parents have been divorced since 1978. Mom has been married 3 times. Dad is still in his 2nd marriage to a women who is like Cinderella's step-mother. Dad is 1/2 paralized in a VA nursing home with MS and a cols.bag and is one of the most negative, depressing, annoying persons in my life but I do love him. BOY can he tell stories that make you roll laughing your ass off. I swear he is the origninal Dukes of Hazzard.....My brother looks like he lives in the mountains of montana. He is a single father of two beautiful boys. He was involved with a girl/woman whom he met when SHE was 17 and he got her pg her senior year of High School. They were 16 years apart in age and I'm soooo glad that relationship is over. She is a skank. She abandoned the kids to my brothers care. He is a good father.. I am very proud of him. He and I have a love/hate relationship. He is protective of me as I am of guiding him with logic. We get annoyed with one another very easily. He is the party animal and I am the princess. We are complete opposites yet we will always be there for one another no matter what...

I have 7 step-brothers and 2 step-sisters. none of us are close.

I graduated from High School in 1987 and have lived in 6 different cities in 16 different places through MN and ND.

I'm a romantic at heart and a daydreamer. I am artistic and creative, I am tempermental and stubborn. I'm detail oriented and don't forget much. I am very sentimental and when I love I love with all my being. I am a helper and a caretaker by nature. I love adventure and new experiences. I am relationship oriented and too forgiving. I typically speak what is on my mind and I often open mouth and insert foot because I am too honest. I am growth motivated and am always working on being a better person.

I have survived neglect, abuse, rape, a miscarriage, illness, rejection, divorce, broken home, single parenthood, near homelessness, near starvation.

I'm still seeking my balancer in life. I want a companion to help balance my life. Not complete it just help me balance it because I have to do everything myself and I feel so unbalanced because I do the work of 2 sometimes 3 people. I want a helper, a companion, a lover and nurture. someone who can lift me up when I am down. Someone who can just be when I need them to be.. Someone patient, kind, loving caring, resourceful, intelligent, Catholic and multifaceted like me. I don't want a alcoholic, a abuser, a overbearing controlling know it all. I'm a bit more old fashioned with it comes to sex (I'm not the erotic-to-the-limits kind of female.) Someone who likes to be with family and friends. Someone who likes adventure and nature. I am a outdoorsy kind of person. I am at peace near a lake or river with trees, sunshine and quiet. I am a dreamer and he has to dream with me. Some dreams come true so the extension is to make those dreams come true together.

I will stop now. I can go on and on....

I just ate a slice of chocolate cake.

Other than that I work too much and have not had a real day off in at least 4 years.

My house is very clean but I spied a dog hair tumble weed is lurking behind the sofa.

I have central vac system.

I am now going out to mow the back 5 acres with the tractor. I do have a beer holder on my tractor. Maybe that is why the lawn never seems to be cut evenly?

I requested a lobotomy today from a retail clerk when he asked if I wanted anything else......

tinktronik
I just ate a slice of chocolate cake.

Other than that I work too much and have not had a real day off in at least 4 years.

My house is very clean but I spied a dog hair tumble weed is lurking behind the sofa.

I have central vac system.

I am now going out to mow the back 5 acres with the tractor. I do have a beer holder on my tractor. Maybe that is why the lawn never seems to be cut evenly?

I requested a lobotomy today from a retail clerk when he asked if I wanted anything else......

Yesterday , the man at the liquor store told me that my day was about to get a whole lot better .

26. Haven't spoken to the ex for 3 months since the break-up. Been moving on more or less.

Currently single and hate it.

Working towards my Masters. Got promoted to Supervisor at work - kind of stressed about that (first Supervisory position I've ever held). Also 4 weeks away from graduating the Police Academy (the end to a long hard road).

Oh, and today my favorite co worker told me her grandmother has cancer- won't go to treatment, her dog is sick (like her baby) and I'm fighting with my exhusband (again).

I'm hoping to get laid tonight but that's a different story altogether.

I laughed a minute ago and shot drool out my mouth- and my coworker asked me if my day had been that bad!

Just Visiting

I'm 35 years, single, no kids, and work for the federal health department as an administrative assistant. I had to leave my ex 8.5 months ago as he became non-supportive and cold. I can take a hint when someone doesn't want me around. Since then I have been going through the healing process and reflecting on my relationship patterns. I think I am ready for another go at it. My ex got into another relationship 2 months after our break-up. Now they are engaged to be married.

I live in a one-bedroom apartment, 8 min bus ride away from my workplace. Sweet. The work is super boring but my coworkers make it bearable. They are cool. I have two job interviews coming up and hope one of them pans out. The jobs are in executive management so a step up is what I need.

Ever since the break-up, I have been more committed to my cultural and spiritual roots. My face is becoming known within the community and getting more invitations to take part in events. I am also making more and more friends and contacts which is great. I will be going to Taiwan in July for a month for cultural exchange. I lived in my ex's shadow and now hitting my own stride.

I am going on my first date this evening. He seems like a nice guy, see how that goes. I am a bit nervous and have to run home to get ready in a few mins. I still miss my ex at times but things happen for a reason.

I am 27 have a beautiful daughter and a sweet BF he is 46 and a crazy kitty. a nice 4 bdr house in the country near a ski resort. It's a bit of a drive but it's worth it.

My job is ok ok money crappy benefits and not challenging enough. I am debating my next step I did get into a masters program but am having doubts about it. And I can't afford to quit my job to go to school full time.

all in all my life is pretty good except when I get sucked into depression due to my medical problems which have been bad lately.

I also have some really great friends irl and on the weekends I am usually hanging out with

them and my BF & daughter

I'm 26 years old... I have three children , who are with me for summers ,they arrive in a few weeks .

TINK...you're 26 with three kids already?! WTF is up with that? :laugh::p:lmao:

tinktronik
TINK...you're 26 with three kids already?! WTF is up with that? :laugh::p:lmao:
I got married at 18 , he poked holes in the condoms (admittedly, after the fact ) and was divorced by 23 . He wanted a big family apparently .I spent three almost solid years pregnant .Sometimes I wonder how it happened too.On the pluss side they'll all be in college before I'm 40.