Ex spreading lies at former workplace

What should I do... if anything?

Ex and I broke up in May 2017. We were on-again/off-again through August. She was the one who broke up with me and pretty much left me for another guy. I was stupid and thought we could make it work. Things ended really badly with the two of us saying mean things to each other in August.

The two of us worked together. I worked there for five years. She has only been there three years now. In August 2017, I moved 800 miles away for a better job.

Here's my original post for more on that.

Anyway, in November 2017, someone "allegedly" hacked a few of her accounts. Facebook, Twitter, her email and maybe some more. She went to the police and the police told her to change her phone number and change her passwords. They also told her they believed it was me, because "it's always an ex." Police called me, accused me of doing it and tried to get me to admit to it. I didn't, of course.

Well, the ex took that and ran with it, informing my former bosses, co-workers, roommates and friends that I hacked into her accounts. Since November, I've had a lot of people delete me on FB and some friends (who still work with her) just don't talk to me anymore. The ex apparently told a bunch of people not to talk with me because it could get them or me into legal trouble. She's also spreading a lot of other lies about our relationship and breakup.

Part of me wants to address this situation because it's upsetting that false information is hurting my reputation. Even though I'm 800 miles away, we still work for the same company, just different cities.

But the other part wants to just ignore it and chalk it up "it doesn't matter anymore." It's all part of the moving on process.

If the company has an HR Department then you need to go there and get it on the record what is going on.

If it isn't then you need to go to your boss and get it on the record what she is up to. Make it in writing if you can.. email or whatever.

Don't do nothing.. HR, Boss and or Attorney

• Like 1