LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

First bread crumb since break up: respond or ignore?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th December 2017, 2:29 PM   #46
Established Member

Was the kid his?
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 2:54 PM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanMachine View Post
Was the kid his?
Yes. What's your advice?
flooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 9:20 PM   #48
Established Member

I decided to call him back - mistake. We only spoke briefly about the miscarriage (all I feel is relief) and he proceeded to tell me about his trip: the family he's seeing, the places he's been, that his sister and his cousin are pregnant (which he said learning about was very much colored by our news - but of course he never shared these feelings about it with me). He told me about his sobriety. Etc etc.

After about ten minutes I said "I know you're with your family, so I don't want to keep you." He said "okay. I'll be in touch soon. I'll be back in town next week." Like why TF are you telling me this dude? I just said "Okay, happy new year."

I thought I was doing the right thing by calling him back, bc I thought he wanted to touch base about the miscarriage, but instead he was just using me for the closeness/support I'd given him as a girlfriend.

Now I have to start NC over! Ugh!
Old 2nd January 2018, 9:28 PM   #49
Established Member

Feel like I've turned a corner

Ex and I have spoken once over the past two weeks. The distance and time have been enormously helpful. I've been able to see more clearly his deficiencies of character, and all the lies and justifications I told myself because I was so caught up. Now I see that he did not, does not, value me at all - I was just a stand in, utterly replaceable, as the flame. In his eyes, women cannot be trusted. I'm a woman. Where does that leave me?

I've turned a corner. I don't anticipate his call or text now, because I really don't care. I'm not going to be some puppet on a string for him. I have goals and a life to make - I have more to concern me than the whims of some f***boy.
Old 3rd January 2018, 2:25 AM   #50
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flooded View Post
Ex and I have spoken once over the past two weeks. The distance and time have been enormously helpful. I've been able to see more clearly his deficiencies of character, and all the lies and justifications I told myself because I was so caught up. Now I see that he did not, does not, value me at all - I was just a stand in, utterly replaceable, as the flame. In his eyes, women cannot be trusted. I'm a woman. Where does that leave me?

I've turned a corner. I don't anticipate his call or text now, because I really don't care. I'm not going to be some puppet on a string for him. I have goals and a life to make - I have more to concern me than the whims of some f***boy.
Flooded now itís best to put the final nail in the coffin - block and remove him from social media. Congratulations btw - be strong!
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 9:50 PM   #51
Established Member

Ex and I ran into each other. I am a mess.

We live in a tiny community, so I knew it would happen at some point. Was at the mall walking in the main corridor and he was walking towards me. ****. We stopped and said hi, basic chit chat, and the u said "see ya!" It gutted me. God he looked gorgeous. Ugh. Now I want to call him, text him (haven't reached out in eight days - and neither has he). I am soooooo ****ed up. Just last week I thought I was over it and loving on. I am so weak. We've been broken up almost as long as half of the ****ing relationship.

I wish there was something to do to forget him. Why!?!?!?!??