Rejected, what have I done wrong? (Update)

This is a follow-up on my previous post (http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/615454-rejected-what-have-i-done-wrong)

Yesterday night, I was invited to a housewarming party, to which Mark was also invited. He knew I was going to attend the event, but I didn't know if he would also.

During the evening, I met a lot of nice people, we had fun, laughed a lot, until I saw him come in through the doors. I think at that point my face changed, my heart skipped a beat as I was not expecting this (he came in late). We ignored each other, but as I was ready to say hello and leave everything behind, but then I realized he was not alone. He brought a new girl with him. A girl no one had seen before. (Not even his roommates).

At some point he put his arm around her shoulders while looking at me straight in the eyes.

All night, he didn't socialize with anyone, he stayed with her, kissed her in front of me, as if he couldn't care less.

At first I was very annoyed (it's only been 2 weeks since our last conversation+the rejection). I teared up a bit, so my friend took me apart to reassure me.

So later on, I kept conversations going with everyone, danced with friends, played beer-pong, etc, I ignored him all night, and it felt good. I guess I felt like if he actually did move on, he wouldn't have gone that far.

I realized all he was doing was to get back at me, when he was the one who rejected me. (check the previous post) That only proved how sad and pathetic he was. I guess sad for feeling the need to have someone by his side, because he knew he was going to see me again. And pathetic because he needed to show me how he moved on. It was also very immature and disrespectful of him, and I guess that's what hurts most. I never thought he would stoop so low.

I feel like he's been playing with my feelings a lot. I don't know if he realizes that, but it keeps on hurting, for nothing. We weren't even together, and it hurts more than any real relationship I had, is that normal?

Why would he go through all of this (getting me back, all of it...), then reject me, and then get back at me, as if I was the one who hurt him. And he did reject me TWICE.

All I know is that if I was in his shoes, and was actually seeing someone new, I would've never invited that person, knowing he'd be there, out of respect.

Also, on another note, I know this isn't web MD :laugh: but my heart has been hurting for a week or so now, every time I breathe, every time there's lots of stress, and since last night it got worse. I was wondering if that might be the case (stress, anger, sadness, etc.)

I guess I just need some other opinions on the whole situation, I wish he could talk to me one last time, so I can explain everything I'm feeling, etc. I feel like this is all I need to feel better, but of course, I can't do it. :(

Dandannydandan

Go NC! This is the only thing you can do.

This guy sounds horrible and manipulative and I would absolutely not give him the satisfaction of having any more to do with your life. He's shown his colours and you deserve so much better.

It will be hard but we are here to help you through it ?

• Like 4
  • Author
Go NC! This is the only thing you can do.

This guy sounds horrible and manipulative and I would absolutely not give him the satisfaction of having any more to do with your life. He's shown his colours and you deserve so much better.

It will be hard but we are here to help you through it ?

Thanks for the reply! Here's a link to a post that I found, interesting read :

The Difference Between True Love And Attachment. |

Don't you think it is a lot of trouble to find a date to bring to a party to piss off a girl you haven't even dated? I think you are reading way too much into his intentions. It just sounds like he's really moved on with a new girl.

• Author
Don't you think it is a lot of trouble to find a date to bring to a party to piss off a girl you haven't even dated? I think you are reading way too much into his intentions. It just sounds like he's really moved on with a new girl.

I'm not doubting whether he did or not. I was only hurt by how he did it: knowing I was going to be there, it only felt like he did it on purpose. But I'm actually glad he did, and I'd be happy for him if he found what he was looking for :)