LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Your last relationship: How long did it last? Scale of 1-10 how badly did it end?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2017, 4:06 PM   #1
Established Member

Your last relationship: How long did it last? Scale of 1-10 how badly did it end?

1 being not that bad if bad at all and 10 being the worst break up imaginable. Last relationship lasted about a good 9 months (5 months officially). Ended pretty badly. Would say maybe 6.5/10 bad. Nothing too horrible but still far from a happy ending...

Last edited by ZayKayWill; 2nd February 2017 at 4:11 PM..
ZayKayWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 4:28 PM   #2
Established Member

Lasted 6 months, wasn't a bad breakup but it's messed me up mentally pretty badly.
GeorgeWP93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 4:42 PM   #3

18 years. 8.9 out of 10.
We speak when we have to for the sake of the children
downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 4:51 PM   #4
Established Member

Lasted 4 months - 08/10. Hit me a lot harder than I expected, plus I was the dumper...
Ieris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 4:58 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieris View Post
Lasted 4 months - 08/10. Hit me a lot harder than I expected, plus I was the dumper...
What happened?
Old 2nd February 2017, 4:59 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeast View Post
18 years. 8.9 out of 10.
We speak when we have to for the sake of the children
Did it just recently happen? Notice this was your first post...welcome to the forums.
Old 2nd February 2017, 5:19 PM   #7
Established Member

5 months...break up was a 9 because he ghosted and I do not handle that well. Still lingered for months after. Epic pain still ensues lol No real answer still.

Before that was 6 months...break up was a 10 because he assaulted me and is still in jail, caught him cheating with a hooker, etc.

Had a bad 2016. Glad its over lol
VeveCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 5:39 PM   #8
Established Member

7 years. Breakup was not bad as in fighting but pain experienced was / is horrendous.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 5:41 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveCakes View Post
5 months...break up was a 9 because he ghosted and I do not handle that well. Still lingered for months after. Epic pain still ensues lol No real answer still.

Before that was 6 months...break up was a 10 because he assaulted me and is still in jail, caught him cheating with a hooker, etc.

Had a bad 2016. Glad its over lol
AMEN to that. Though 2017 doesn't seem so great thus far....
Old 2nd February 2017, 5:47 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity View Post
AMEN to that. Though 2017 doesn't seem so great thus far....
My nan has been diagnosed with cancer, I had my aunties funeral, my cousin may not be getting married because of depression and my girlfriend left me, beat that January LOL

And what happened with your relationship Zay?

Last edited by GeorgeWP93; 2nd February 2017 at 5:53 PM..
GeorgeWP93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 6:04 PM   #11
Established Member

Hum,

For me, because its been a while since my last break up – I think its one of those things were you remember the good, and the bad stuff kinda gets lost in the fog of time.

I had some BFs come and go that weren’t that rememberable.

But there was my high school BF of two years. The first person I exchanged “I love you’s” with. We carried each other through some rocky points in our lives. But eventually we started to drift, and he gave me the “its not you, its me” talk. It hurt, there were tears shed, but I don’t remember it being catastrophic. I would give it a 4. We were able to remain friends – and many years later are still in a bit of contact, although certainly not a close friend.

In college, there was this one guy I really connected with, one of those lets spill our souls to each other type relationships. We dated for about 9 months but there were fundamental differences, which prevented a future. I was the dumper on that one…. And I remember doing a lot of driving on the coast crying to myself! But still, not earth shattering, I would give it a 5.

With those relationships, and the break up, there wasn’t any drama, no fighting, I can’t even recall any arguments even …. It just became clear it wasn’t to be. It hurt, but it was clear. Funny, that high school break up happened 20 years ago. I can still picture exactly where we were sitting, the look on his face when he said I have to say something – and the way he held me after he did. But I don’t really remember the pain – ya know?

And… my husband cheated oh, 6+ years ago now (after 9 years together) – and I thought it was going to be the end of us. That period of time sucked. It really did. I would give it a good 8 – I thought my world was over.
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 6:17 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWP93 View Post
My nan has been diagnosed with cancer, I had my aunties funeral, my cousin may not be getting married because of depression and my girlfriend left me, beat that January LOL

Eh I dated a girl who was very emotionally volatile. It was long distance and well I was still friends with an ex gf before her and for her birthday I bought her a trip to go skydiving and I guess that was what pissed her off most. She broke up with me 2 times before that though and when all was said and done she insisted we be friends. Wasn't letting that happen. She didnt even break up with me right away. It took her a few months to do it when she finally couldnt take anymore after looking at ine of my FB statuses and taking it completely the wrong way.

A lot of people here don't understand why I did what I did but she had an ex that she was best friends with, so the way I see it she has no right to be getting so angry, especially since I was upfront and honest with what I did. Oh well.
Old 2nd February 2017, 7:08 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWP93 View Post

Ouch. Though I'm sure there is some paralyzed guy envious of us because we can walk.

It's hard to see past your own pain. Even now, 5 months later, I still think about it every day.

It's gotten more bearable but I cannot recall a time since where I was truly happy.

Hopefully one day...
Old 2nd February 2017, 8:22 PM   #14
Established Member

1.5y
4/10
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:06 PM   #15
Established Member

18 months. Hit me like a train, due to the months of games. Finally went nc Sunday.

For me, 9-10/10.
Bromeo is offline   Reply With Quote