LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

Be My Guest and Leave was his response to marriage topic.

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2017, 12:18 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
I'm trying to work out why you love this asshat.
Couldn't agree more.

HopefullyLove, I can't figure out why you want to marry him.

And I can figure out why you'd want to marry someone like him.

If "handsome" and "successful" are your two main criteria, you're going to be kissing a lot of frogs before you find a prince...

Mr. Lucky
Old 19th January 2017, 9:58 PM   #17
Established Member

I think she wants to marry him because she has made an "investment" of her time with him. Even if he proposed to OP today and married her it would still be a dysfunctional relationship.

Marriage is not gonna make this a good relationship. Its not what he wants and I think its the time together that makes the idea of marriage a good idea.

Its not. Marriage is not the answer to your problem. Please let it go.