Sanford's Wife and OW

stillafool

I'm sorry but I have to rant a bit about Gov. Sanford's wife. Everyone is giving her credit for not "standing by her man". She is not only standing by him but holding on to him with a leash. This man has told the media that he found his "soul mate" in the OW, that he is in love with her, that he will, get this, "try" to fall in love with his wife?! Mrs. Sanford also said he had begged her to let him go to Argentina to see his mistress?! Now I understand she is taking him back????!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Why?? Is it competition? This man clearly does not love her. Her boys know what he has done to their mom and I know they would rather see her with someone who cares for her. Children really aren't as selfish as we think. If it were my mother I would beg her to leave him but I might still love my Dad. Oh and Mrs. Sanford is an ex Wall Street VP, so she knows how to make a living.

How many women would stay with a man after he has said these things?

westernxer

Must be fun to work as a journalist in South Carolina right about now. LOL

Her boys know what he has done to their mom and I know they would rather see her with someone who cares for her. Children really aren't as selfish as we think. If it were my mother I would beg her to leave him but I might still love my Dad.

I think you greatly underestimate the desire for children to keep their family of origin together. The children might logically know what he has done, but all they want is their mother and father back together. They don't understand all of the dynamics going on following something like this. Even teens.

I know I wouldn't but I can't speak for her.

• Author
stillafool
I think you greatly underestimate the desire for children to keep their family of origin together. The children might logically know what he has done, but all they want is their mother and father back together. They don't understand all of the dynamics going on following something like this. Even teens.

I know that your parents divorcing is one of a child's greatest fears. I can remember back that far when my parents were having a tough time and I lived in fear. However, if my Dad had said those things I would perfectly understand my mother wanting him to leave our home and not return. I think children today are far more advanced in these things than we were because divorce unfortunately is getting to be normal in today's society.

White Flower

I would ask if he sincerely meant those words at the time and if he still felt them then please don't waste my time.

As a child, even an adult child, I didn't want my parents divorcing but I wish they did now. My mom could have used some loving support near the end. Dad was there, but only out of duty, not love. She deserved more than that.

But still, we are adults. Its easy to say that as an adult. My Dad recently got divorced from his THIRD W. He wanted to date my mom again. I said "Hell NO!!!" LOL.

But as a child and a teen, I wanted them together even though I knew how abusive he could be.

Their kids are so little and probably miss their dad being home. I bet all they want is him home. Kids don't understand "love stories" or "tragic affairs" or "soulmates" at their ages. They do understand Mom and Dad came as a package at birth and feel that's the way it should be. Even modern kids, unless someone's been abusing them directly.

This man clearly does not love her

Then why doesn't he leave her? Last I heard, men could file for divorce, too.

whichwayisup
This man clearly does not love her.

Seems he loves whomever he is with at the time. But, he loves himself most of all.

Yes, I was surprised that Mrs. Sanford said she forgives him and is willing to work on reconciling with him even after he said ---his relationship with his Argentine mistress was more than just "an affair" but a "forbidden, tragic love affair..." to the press! What a slap to her!:mad:

datura_noir

I understand her (and him) wanting to reconcile- the way they are doing it is based on the Christian faith they both share (but obviously, he wasn't following)....

Anyways:rolleyes: If I were in Mrs. Sanford's shoes, and I heard MY husband call some bimbo his 'soulmate' and that he would 'try to fall back in love' with me, on national TV?? I would shove divorce papers in his front pocket,buy him a one way ticket to Argentina, pack all of his smelly socks and skidmarked undies, and let the kids know that they will be spending the Summer with Daddy, while I took off to an exotic locale and had a great time 'finding myself'.

I'm sure the OW is re-thinking how attractive and great ole Mark really is, also!

underpants

I'm sure the OW is re-thinking how attractive and great ole Mark really is, also!

Her other boyfriend was the one that exposed the emails.

I'm not sure how soul matey either are considering they were both screwing around with each other and on each other, in addition to both being married during the "sparking".

Anyways:rolleyes: If I were in Mrs. Sanford's shoes, and I heard MY husband call some bimbo his 'soulmate' and that he would 'try to fall back in love' with me, on national TV?? I would shove divorce papers in his front pocket

That did it for me. I can't speak for her, but that did it for me.

You will not humiliate me in that way on national TV!!!! I really get the feeling he's trying to push her into divorcing him but she's not biting. With her wealth, I think she is biding her time.

Imagine how his sons are going to feel when they are old enough to understand all this and go through the media archives......

Another case of what the heck was he thinking??!!!!!

You assume he has this capacity.

LOL. I didn't type it but that was my next question.

Was he thinking?

LOL

LucreziaBorgia

I would wager that the 'reconciliation' is more the idea of the handlers, publicists, and advisers mixed with a healthy dose of 'saving face' and maintaining their lifestyle and status quo for the both of them.

From what I've read between the lines, they weren't exactly happily married to begin with, and the likelihood of his wife caring one way or the other is pretty low.

I think the public reconciliation thing is just them saying what they think the public wants to hear.

Honestly, I would probably have more respect for him if he pulled a Sarkozy instead of this schmaltzy mess he is trying to feed the public.

Ah Lucretia a Sarkozy is SO unamerican. They dont have Loretta Lynn in France - they have Carla Bruni.;)

But I totally agree with you its all hype.

• Author
stillafool
I understand her (and him) wanting to reconcile- the way they are doing it is based on the Christian faith they both share (but obviously, he wasn't following)....

Anyways:rolleyes: If I were in Mrs. Sanford's shoes, and I heard MY husband call some bimbo his 'soulmate' and that he would 'try to fall back in love' with me, on national TV?? I would shove divorce papers in his front pocket,buy him a one way ticket to Argentina, pack all of his smelly socks and skidmarked undies, and let the kids know that they will be spending the Summer with Daddy, while I took off to an exotic locale and had a great time 'finding myself'.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:Amen! I told my hubby last night I would do very similar things to him if that ever happened to me.

i feel sorry for the governor. sad that he had to meet his soulmate after his life was already built, and that he had to hurt his family in the process.

i think the luckiest people in the world are the ones that are with the one they love and who loves them back the same way.

bentnotbroken

I find it interesting that penis pimp didn't divorce his wife, leave office and go be with his soul mate. He is capable of making decisions on his own isn't he?

The Mrs. is biding time and trying to repair the family image as much as she can for her kids.

She was hoping he would be able to save family face and finish his term. He would have a better chance with her and her pockets beside him.

When its over...he is at the curb.

She is just putting her ducks in order and trying to make him look like less than a jackass as he is , simply for the kids and the family name.

Period.

This woman is no dummy , no doormat, and no bleeding heart.

I'm betting that more than infidelity, she is pissed at his complete inability to simply use discretion and common sense.

I'm sorry but I have to rant a bit about Gov. Sanford's wife. Everyone is giving her credit for not "standing by her man". She is not only standing by him but holding on to him with a leash. This man has told the media that he found his "soul mate" in the OW, that he is in love with her, that he will, get this, "try" to fall in love with his wife?! Mrs. Sanford also said he had begged her to let him go to Argentina to see his mistress?! Now I understand she is taking him back????!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Why?? Is it competition? This man clearly does not love her. Her boys know what he has done to their mom and I know they would rather see her with someone who cares for her. Children really aren't as selfish as we think. If it were my mother I would beg her to leave him but I might still love my Dad. Oh and Mrs. Sanford is an ex Wall Street VP, so she knows how to make a living.

Lots of folks are not thinking clearly for quite a while after the discovery. Cut his wife some slack. If you have been through this, you should understand the trauma and panic cause one to try to hold on for a while. It is the most common response I've seen.