Valentines Present

Greg1972

My situation

I am a married man that has been in an affair for the last few years. The other woman and I have a really good relationship. I have no intentions of leaving my wife and I have always been honest with the OW about this.

A few weeks ago, the OW gave me a catalog with circles around things she would want for valentines day. It was not anything unusual besides that all of the items that she wants was much more expensive than she usually asks for. A lot more expensive, more than 5 times more expensive than usual presents.

It doesn't bother me that she wants something nice as she has good taste. I am kind of worried this might be a sign she wants more than I can give her.

Should I be concerned?

Dear Captain of HMS Titanic,

Since the collision of this fine vessel with the ice berg approx an hour ago, I have noticed that the sink in my stateroom has been slow to drain causing a most distasteful ring of discoloration around the rim of said sink.

Could this be sign that there is a problem with the ship's plumbing system?

Should I be concerned?

• Like 20

Heh heh. :) Just wait until next Christmas, when she gives you a catalog from a pleasure cruise line with all the cruises she wants to take circled...:rolleyes:

No problem, right? Just tell your wife that we cant go on the family vacation this year because, er, because, I need the money to pay off my mistress who is blackmailing me so you don't find out you are married to a guy who has been cheating on you for many years now... you understand, right, hunny bunny?:love:

• Like 4
Dude you should be worried that this isn't blackmail. ..

Have a Feeling, it is already blackmail. If you don't fork up, she might expose. She has you by the ball$.

Come on man...

You know you have to pay the side girl something don't you.

I mean you did not think that your prowess if bed was going to keep her happy forever, did you?

You are becoming a sugar daddy!!!

You have got to be kidding. You better keep her happy or she will be telling your wife. That will really cost you some money.......

• Like 4
MidnightBlue1980
My situation

I am a married man that has been in an affair for the last few years. The other woman and I have a really good relationship. I have no intentions of leaving my wife and I have always been honest with the OW about this.

A few weeks ago, the OW gave me a catalog with circles around things she would want for valentines day. It was not anything unusual besides that all of the items that she wants was much more expensive than she usually asks for. A lot more expensive, more than 5 times more expensive than usual presents.

It doesn't bother me that she wants something nice as she has good taste. I am kind of worried this might be a sign she wants more than I can give her.

Should I be concerned?

Most OW cannot remain in an A as we basically get attached and want to be with the other person, and blow it up. You may have met the rare bird but she will want gifts, champagne, the Four Seasons.

I would think a canary diamond for her right hand.

All I got was a few pints of beer. Definitely get her the diamond or maybe a really expensive purse. Or a spa weekend.

• Like 1
HeCantBreakMe

Doesn't sound like she wants more from the relationship .. sounds like this girl has it all figured out lol.

Better start working overtime you got champagne taste on your hands now.

• Like 2
My situation

Should I be concerned?

Yes. You should be very concerned.

I'm sure her gift is cheaper than a divorce.

But her anything she wants - you owe her.

Buy your wife anything she wants too, you owe her more.

Why any man would want to try and keep two women happy is beyond me.

• Like 3
My situation

Should I be concerned?

Unbelievable :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you should ask your wife for the advice.

• Like 1
A lot more expensive, more than 5 times more expensive than usual presents.

Pretty sure the Mafia works the same way. First one is free, price goes up quickly from there...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 3

You could go through your wifes jewelry and pick out some stuff she doesn't wear anymore and give that to her.

Very economical.

• Like 7
ShatteredLady
You could go through your wifes jewelry and pick out some stuff she doesn't wear anymore and give that to her.

Very economical.

"Oh how I luv my thrifty husband!" :love:

• Like 1

As a fOW who never asked for anything material, yes, you should be very concerned. Her expectations are not commensurate with yours in any way, regardless how clear you have been with your intentions.

Sometimes I really love this forum. You asked and have a plethora of answers. Some of them have me laughing my butt off.

But if you look at them. ..

How many of them say don't worry about it?

Wow! This is why I've been a monogamous one woman man. As they say ' No man can please two masters' and if the masters are mistresses in actual fact the level of difficulty increases many fold.

By the way is she giving you a return gift? Should be the same in value as to what she expects from you. Is she married or single? If married maybe her husband is not giving her anything that being the reason she wants something costly from you. You just have to figure this one out on your own. Happy Days!

• Like 1

I'm going to go slightly against the grain here as I'm not so sure it's a sinister as buy me this or I blab!!

What kind of cost are the presents? Reason I ask is if you usuall pay 10 and she has seen something she really likes at 50 then it's not quite the same a a 200 to 1k jump. Also if the gifts you usually get are of a high cost maybe you have set a precedent.. maybe it's just something she really likes and if she knows you can afford it then why not ask. What's your reason for not wanting to get it... tell her the reason and see what her response is

i think it ultimately comes down to how your relationship is. After a few years I would presume that you know this woman well.. do you object to her dating other people? People who are in a position for her to celebrate Valentine's Day with properly? If, as I imagine it would be,its more the case that you want her exclusively to you whilst you are not exclusive to her then she maybe she feels she should be treated and this is her way!

On the flip side... yes you should be concerned! Not because she has actually asked for the gift but because you have had to ask the question! If you don't know her well enough to know if you should be concerned... then I suspect you should be

My situation

Should I be concerned?

Shocking that the gift price has gone up. You have a good reason to be concerned that your awesomeness isn't enough for her and she is asking for gifts five times more expensive than usual presents.

It must hurt your ego and wallet that cheating inflation has gone up.

• Like 2
  • Author
Dear Captain of HMS Titanic,

Since the collision of this fine vessel with the ice berg approx an hour ago, I have noticed that the sink in my stateroom has been slow to drain causing a most distasteful ring of discoloration around the rim of said sink.

Could this be sign that there is a problem with the ship's plumbing system?

Should I be concerned?

People survived the titanic.

Betrayed&Stayed
People survived the titanic.

Yes, but only the very wealthy ones survived so I think the analogy is spot on.

• Like 6