LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

GF Vacation to Italy - How to Control My Jealousy?

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree200Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2017, 2:27 PM   #61
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookin Pa Nub View Post
Update 2 - It Keeps Getting Better

So her friend was terribly upset when my gf cancelled. They met for lunch today. Turns out her friend who is a couple months pregnant is contemplating divorce. Her husband is lazy and doesn't work. Sleeps all day. She has this corporate job and works a lot.

While she was in Italy last time about a month ago for work she met an Italian guy working on project with her. They went out for dinner and they kissed. They have been texting since. She wants to go back to Italy to see him and see if there's something to her relationship with this guy.

She told husband it is work trip. Supposedly my gf knew nothing about her friend's plan. My gf has decided she is not going.
The girl seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Good for her.

Now things are lining up...
smackie9 likes this.
frigginlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 2:29 PM   #62
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
See your GF has appropriate boundaries. She may have questionable friends but she has integrity.

Be happy & calm down.

Do something to make it up to her. At least take her out for Italian during the time she would have been away.

She still asked me if I don't want her to go after all this came out. She said it could be interesting.

I am lucky though to have her.
Wookin Pa Nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 2:55 PM   #63
Established Member

Quote:
What is LBJ Treatment?
A key element of LBJ's leadership was this famous "Johnson treatment," in which he would hypothetically "pop one's bubble" to demand their attention. No president has been so celebrated for his powers of persuasion in face-to-face confrontations than Lyndon Johnson has.

He would flatter, cajole, and browbeat people into doing what he wanted. It could last anywhere from 2 minutes to 4 hours and would occur when a legislator was within earshot of him. It was mind numbing by all accounts and one of the crucial tools he used to sucker colleagues into continuing the war in Vietnam.

Seems by your last update that the "Friend" did in fact have nefarious reasons for this trip. So stick to your guns. If your GF only discovered these revelations in the past 24 hours, then good on her for making the decision...however if she knew of any ulterior motives at all and was willing to go along with it until you put the hammer down, then it would be cause for concern.

Based on not only this thread, but from my 8 years reading and replying to threads at LS, and in my own day to day experience over the course of my life,it is my belief that in fact she probably did know beforehand.

But only time will tell. At present it looks like she made he right call. But that' s always subject to change.
Old 7th July 2017, 3:04 PM   #64
Established Member

Quote:
She still asked me if I don't want her to go after all this came out. She said it could be interesting.

So she wanted your GF along to have a winggirl. I have no doubt that the friend and two guys would have put a lot of pressure on your GF to play around.

It also sounds like she has a sense of humor with the "it could be interesting".
usa1ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 3:14 PM   #65
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ritual View Post

Based on not only this thread, but from my 8 years reading and replying to threads at LS, and in my own day to day experience over the course of my life,it is my belief that in fact she probably did know beforehand.

But only time will tell. At present it looks like she made he right call. But that' s always subject to change.
GF told me it was work trip for friend and that her co-workers would be showing them around town. Then a couple days later it was seaside villa with 2 guys for the weekend. Now the "Italy work trip" lie by friend comes out today.

I do believe my gf didn't know about this and she told me about villa weekend. She could have kept that quiet.

But I am a skeptical guy by nature and these items bug me:

1. I asked when her friend was going to let her in on her plan that it was a romantic trip. My gf just said "good question" then started talking about something else.

2. When my gf told me the work trip was a lie, my gf said her friend lied bc she asked my gf to go on trip when her H was in the room. That makes no sense to me. Why would her friend make arrangements for the trip with H around?
road likes this.
Old 7th July 2017, 3:16 PM   #66
Established Member

This guy get her pregnant? Me seems to think so..............if not she will say it's his anyways. poor sap.
road likes this.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 3:19 PM   #67
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1ah View Post
So she wanted your GF along to have a winggirl. I have no doubt that the friend and two guys would have put a lot of pressure on your GF to play around.

It also sounds like she has a sense of humor with the "it could be interesting".
So I looked on friends FB page and found this Italian guy. I knew his first name. I looked at his FB page. He is young good looking guy and lots of picture of him and crew partying and what not. I am sure they would be going all out to score with some hot American girls.
Old 7th July 2017, 3:43 PM   #68
Established Member

Quote:
But I am a skeptical guy by nature and these items bug me:

1. I asked when her friend was going to let her in on her plan that it was a romantic trip. My gf just said "good question" then started talking about something else.

2. When my gf told me the work trip was a lie, my gf said her friend lied bc she asked my gf to go on trip when her H was in the room. That makes no sense to me. Why would her friend make arrangements for the trip with H around?
Yikes,

I am sorry Wookin, you are right. Those statements make ZERO sense. Right now for the present, I would play my cards close to the vest. Make no mention of the trip for a few days. See if the GF brings it up and elaborates at all. Because those two statements have Bullschnitt written all over them. Let her talk about it ad nauseum and you will be able to glean a lot more by active listening.

I am sorry to be the proverbial turd in you punchbowl, but I don't think the trip is totally off....yet. Just my pessimism coming into play as many of us have seen a variation of this movie before, and we know how it ends.

You are 1 argument away from it being back on in Technicolor. So just sit back and if there is any rope, she will eventually hang herself with it, don't lead her to the gallows, she can do that all on her own by her actions in the near future.
Space Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 3:45 PM   #69
Established Member

Quote:
"Debatable at best"...says the Turd in the Punchbowl.
Old 7th July 2017, 4:15 PM   #70
Established Member

Quote:
Yikes,

I am sorry Wookin, you are right. Those statements make ZERO sense. Right now for the present, I would play my cards close to the vest. Make no mention of the trip for a few days. See if the GF brings it up and elaborates at all. Because those two statements have Bullschnitt written all over them. Let her talk about it ad nauseum and you will be able to glean a lot more by active listening.

I am sorry to be the proverbial turd in you punchbowl, but I don't think the trip is totally off....yet. Just my pessimism coming into play as many of us have seen a variation of this movie before, and we know how it ends.

You are 1 argument away from it being back on in Technicolor. So just sit back and if there is any rope, she will eventually hang herself with it, don't lead her to the gallows, she can do that all on her own by her actions in the near future.

Take heed in that statement OP. Space is dead on accurate with it. When my ex "canceled" the trip, she was fine for a few days, then she started picking fights. She decided to go on the trip, and I was fine with it. We know how it turned out. A girlfriend/spouse who is entertaining "having fun" knows no lengths in the amount of deception they will use. Those two points you brought up are indeed concerning. My ex had no issues in telling me that she was going to be staying with a girlfriend while away and that some of her girlfriends "friends" would probably be around.

I'm the type of guy who believes in "giving someone just enough rope to hang themselves with". 50 years of walking this earth will do that to you. I gave her the rope and as Space mentions, let her lead herself to the gallows...
frigginlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 4:21 PM   #71
Established Member

I wouldn't go as far as saying that she has good boudaries...

Someone with good boundaries wouldn't even consider a situation like the villa week end.

Her boundaries are far from good. The mere fact that she was willing to go on that kind of trip and that kind of weekend with someone she barely knows...

Let's hope she's just very naive... But if I were you I would keep my eyes open wide....
italianjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 4:26 PM   #72
Established Member

Quote:

I am keeping that in the back of my mind. My gf told me the friend has sent texts already asking her to reconsider. My gf has reassured me that she is not going now. I do worry about something coming up and her changing her mind.

I was very hesitant on her going knowing the situation about the villa. Now that it came out the whole trip was not for work but for her friend to see her secret man in Italy and seeing his FB page, it would be devastating to me if she changed her mind and went.
Old 7th July 2017, 4:32 PM   #73
Established Member

Quote:
I am keeping that in the back of my mind. My gf told me the friend has sent texts already asking her to reconsider. My gf has reassured me that she is not going now. I do worry about something coming up and her changing her mind.

I was very hesitant on her going knowing the situation about the villa. Now that it came out the whole trip was not for work but for her friend to see her secret man in Italy and seeing his FB page, it would be devastating to me if she changed her mind and went.
If your gf wants to be a party girl then you can decide if you want that kind of partner or not... Better to know now than some years, kids and a mortgage down the road...
italianjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 4:50 PM   #74
Established Member

Quote:

THAT is exactly why you need to zip your lip on the subject and let her sink or swim on her own merits.

She may or may not realize the final decision she makes on this issue is going to be a decision that decides the course of your relationship.

This is why it is important you let her figure this out on her own. If she thinks you will cave eventually, you have a long weekend ahead of you.

Again, I know it will be difficult at best to stay silent about the trip, being it is the 800 pound elephant in the room, but in order for her to put her money where her mouth is,or swing like Field Marshall Jodl at Nuremberg,you need to afford her the opportunity to do so.

You'll pretty much know within the next few days how this is going to play out. I still think she is still is going to try to talk you into letting her go. It could be the unrefundable ticket, "fear" for the other friend's safety...etc.

In fact I would go so far as to say that the REAL reason for the Trip is to tell the guy he knocked her up. I don't think her husband is the father of this child. You don't throw caution to the wind and risk your marriage at 2 months pregnant and go halfway around the world to hookup unless it is for really good reason.
road likes this.
Old 7th July 2017, 4:51 PM   #75
Established Member

Quote:

A woman with good boundaries (or just a good woman) would not find a friend cheating on her husband "interesting". Nor would she be cool with being made an accomplice to the activities.

A good woman would be appalled and want to distance herself from the friend, not go on a trip with her. It's one thing to find it interesting from a distance, but being an active participant to the deception is a really, really bad sign.

She has offered more information than she had to which is good, but if she ends up going she would likely cheat.

As was stated, just keep dolling out the rope....

Side question: has your gf cheated on a bf / husband in the past? Might be a good time to find out. You can start a convo in a non accusatory manner asking about the affair and if she's ever had one. "No big deal if you did" (yeah, right).
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote