Tinder/Online dating Tips

LoverOfDance

Guys - I don't know how other girls are but this is how I swipe on tinder and other dating sites. I always swipe left if:

- all your pictures are group photos (sometimes I might take the time to actually try to spot you in the pictures but most times I will swipe left)

- all your pictures are shirtless pictures

- your first picture is a picture of just your abs (no face)

- your face is hidden in all your pictures

- you have no pictures

- 50% of the time I will swipe left if you have little to no description

I am looking to date so I would probably swipe in a different manner if I was looking for something casual. Hope this helps some guys out there somehow when creating their dating profiles.

Edited by LoverOfDance
  • Like 1
Cookiesandough

It sucks when i see a good looking guy, solid profile, scroll through the pics, and there he is-shirtless. It's ordering great food then finding a hair in it. Makes me cry everyteim

• Like 3
Guys - I don't know how other girls are but this is how I swipe on tinder and other dating sites. I always swipe left if:

- all your pictures are group photos (sometimes I might take the time to actually try to spot you in the pictures but most times I will swipe left)

- all your pictures are shirtless pictures

- your first picture is a picture of just your abs (no face)

- your face is hidden in all your pictures

- you have no pictures

- 50% of the time I will swipe left if you have little to no description

I am looking to date so I would probably swipe in a different manner if I was looking for something casual. Hope this helps some guys out there somehow when creating their dating profiles.

What gets you to swipe right? Everything you listed there I would think is pretty obvious to avoid.

What gets you to swipe right? Everything you listed there I would think is pretty obvious to avoid.

Let me guess what would result in a right swipe based on what she wrote.

- At least one photo that isn't a group shot

- At least one photo that shows the guys face while wearing a shirt

- A profile that gives a decent description of what he's about

- A first picture that isn't of his Abs

Let me guess what would result in a right swipe based on what she wrote.

- At least one photo that isn't a group shot

- At least one photo that shows the guys face while wearing a shirt

- A profile that gives a decent description of what he's about

- A first picture that isn't of his Abs

You can't read that from what she wrote at all.

She simply listed things would cause her to swipe left. In other words, those are things she doesn't like. Obviously not having those things would be a start, but it doesn't indicate at all what she would like to see to cause her to swipe right.

• Like 1
  • Author

@max3732 - If I find a guy attractive based on his pictures and profile, I will swipe right. If he does any of the things on my "don'ts" list, I will most likely swipe left and will not consider his profile at all.

I'm just one woman though. Other women might have a different "dos and don'ts" list and a different style of swiping.

@max3732 - If I find a guy attractive based on his pictures and profile, I will swipe right. If he does any of the things on my "don'ts" list, I will most likely swipe left and will not consider his profile at all.

I'm just one woman though. Other women might have a different "dos and don'ts" list and a different style of swiping.

There is no magic here. Be good looking and you will get more hits.

I read an article once that stated women swipe right most on abs/shirtless pics; despite so many saying they hate it - the numbers don’t lie.

They also said cleavage pics got the most right swipes from men.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough
You can't read that from what she wrote at all.

She simply listed things would cause her to swipe left. In other words, those are things she doesn't like. Obviously not having those things would be a start, but it doesn't indicate at all what she would like to see to cause her to swipe right.

I got this one... she wants to see they are attractive!!

• Author

Being attractive is not enough for me. It can never be. It is important but it is not enough. Most times, I swipe right to 1 in 50 to 80 men.

You would be surprised how many men on dating sites do the things on my "don'ts" list. I don't even waste my time anymore. I just swipe left. I found a few guys who were super attractive but all their pictures were shirtless pictures. I didn't think twice to swipe left. Like I said, my swiping style is based on the fact that I am looking to date. I try to swipe smartly so I don't waste my time or energy.

Ladies please feel free to make inputs and let the guys know what makes you swipe right.

If I find a guy attractive based on his pictures and profile, I will swipe right.

So what is worthy of a right swipe OP?

Cookiesandough
Being attractive is not enough for me. It can never be. It is important but it is not enough. Most times, I swipe right to 1 in 50 to 80 men.

You would be surprised how many men on dating sites do the things on my "don'ts" list. I don't even waste my time anymore. I just swipe left. I found a few guys who were super attractive but all their pictures were shirtless pictures. I didn't think twice to swipe left. Like I said, my swiping style is based on the fact that I am looking to date. I try to swipe smartly so I don't waste my time or energy.

Ladies please feel free to make inputs and let the guys know what makes you swipe right.

My input: this is a huge part of the dating problem! Not specific to you, not even specific to the Internet, but it’s just a fact in all ofdating. Most men are swiping right to at least 45% of women. I feel it’s closer to 95%. 100% if they aren’t aware there is a swipe limit or they have unlimited.

Meanwhile, women are swiping 2% on a good day. Now I would put it on my life ! Most women are swiping the same 5-10% of men. What’s that mean for the rest of the men? Famine. What’s it mean for that 10% of men? Feast! They are a kid in a candy store!!! ��

And then a lot of women complain no decent guys online. That they are flakey, ghost, don’t wanna commit etc. Well, what can really be expected of these guys whose only fabric that ties you ( not you, Op. I mean womento them is an app where they have a steady influx of women coming at them who could easy replace you in a second?

We should be giving these other guys a chance. The ones that fall out of the most desired range. But we won’t because we aren’t attracted to them

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 6
  • Author

@cookiesanddough - lol, it is quite possible that you're right but I will not date a man I am not interested in. I'd rather date no one than date someone I am uninterested in. I have actually tried it before. I felt terrible because I knew I was wasting both my time and energy and his.

My decision on who to date is based on many factors and not just physical attraction. For example, I once met a man on a dating site. He was extremely attractive (physically) and only wanted something casual. I went with it for a little while but then I realized I didn't want something casual. I wanted to date for real. I also realized that he had little to no respect for women. I find this quality very unattractive. After I told him I wasn't interested in seeing him anymore, he changed his mind and said he wanted to date me. I declined and moved on because even though he was probably one of the most handsome men I had ever met, I knew he wouldn't respect me if I dated him.

Like I said, I am looking for something substantial, something that will last. So I have to be picky about who I chose to date.

• Like 2

I can't imagine too many guys are that dumb to do any of those things.

Cookies brings up a good point. Women are ridiculously selective on dating apps. They are ruling out guys that in real life they would be delighted to meet.

• Author

@joseb - lol, I've been online dating for 3 years and you'd be surprised how many times I've gone out with a guy against my better judgement. I regretted it every time. I knew deep down that I wasn't really interested in these guys or that there was something off about them but I still went because I wanted to give them a shot.

I know sometimes my judgement may be wrong but I feel that I am right most of the time.

If you're looking for something serious that will hopefully last a life time, you have every right to be picky and in fact you SHOULD be picky when trying to find someone that you want to spend a significant amount/part of your life with.

Like I said, my style of swiping is based on what I am looking for. If I was looking to date casually or short term, I would be much less picky.

• Like 3
If you're looking for something serious that will hopefully last a life time, you have every right to be picky and in fact you SHOULD be picky when trying to find someone that you want to spend a significant amount/part of your life with.

Like I said, my style of swiping is based on what I am looking for. If I was looking to date casually or short term, I would be much less picky.

Interesting... I'm curious cos I've never tried OLD but what gives out an 'I'm interested in an LTR' vibe other than merely stating it? Photos with kids? :laugh:

• Author

@FilterCoffee - lol, I honestly don't know but when your very first picture are of your abs or you're shirtless in every single picture, I am guessing you're not looking for something serious.

It's a womans world on Tinder. I'm flabbergasted when a woman says they have 1000 matches... I've been on there one year and I only had 60 matches and could only get a handful to actually meet me. Tinder made me realize how attractive I am to women under 24. (im 34). I match with all kinds of women but the young ones are the only ones who respond and actually want to meet... Not really relationship material but I'm not gonna turn them away lol

No shirtless or group pics

When you say “women” have a gazilion matches you mean young and attractive women, same luck in that group as in attractive guys. When I dated 4-5 years ago I never had so many matches, true not on tinder, I dont think it quite took off back then . I did not have problems getting dates but I did not swim in requests either.

As a woman, when you first sign up for a service, you get more interest. I usually had up to 20ish messages to start with and out of those I’d get say 3 men good enough to go on a first date with. After that things slowed down.

After being on a site for a while, in my case, match, I would search/view men profiles every Monday evening , which would land me again say 5 messages and 1 or two men I could go on a date with. That was a strategy to keep my profile at top visibility. It wasn’t bad but no flood. If I never logged in I never got messages.

So my point is that there is a lot of generalization about “men” and “women”.

When you say “women” have a gazilion matches you mean young and attractive women, same luck in that group as in attractive guys. When I dated 4-5 years ago I never had so many matches, true not on tinder, I dont think it quite took off back then . I did not have problems getting dates but I did not swim in requests either.

As a woman, when you first sign up for a service, you get more interest. I usually had up to 20ish messages to start with and out of those I’d get say 3 men good enough to go on a first date with. After that things slowed down.

After being on a site for a while, in my case, match, I would search/view men profiles every Monday evening , which would land me again say 5 messages and 1 or two men I could go on a date with. That was a strategy to keep my profile at top visibility. It wasn’t bad but no flood. If I never logged in I never got messages.

So my point is that there is a lot of generalization about “men” and “women”.

Not true. I've seen unattractive women living at moms house with kids and financial issues get hundreds of guys messaging them. I couldn't belive when I spoke to this girl about it. She dated quite a bit.

Women in general get more matches then men for the same attractiveness level.

@FilterCoffee - lol, I honestly don't know but when your very first picture are of your abs or you're shirtless in every single picture, I am guessing you're not looking for something serious.

What age range are you filtering on?

I know a lot of guys who use tinder, and I only know only one who has a shirtless pic (and his profile is basicially "looking for a good time").

I'm also wondering how you filter for long term compatibility based only on a pic and possibly some text ... Which many don't even bother with anyway.

The idea of online apps like tinder is if you find soneone reasonably attractive you swipe, if they swipe you chat and meet to see if there is something.

I don't know if I'm interested in someone long term just from an online profile. (I can rule out about 60% immediately based on looks or a whiney profile) but other than that, I'd need to meet then face to face.

And when I say I had 60 matches in a year. about 20 of them were bots, another 20 never answered my message, 15 just wanted to text, and 5 wanted to meet. There is no picking and choosing for me. I take whatever I can get, which is just college girls wanting to have sex with a dude with long hair. Nobody who has been legitimately looking to date.

(I can rule out about 60% immediately based on looks or a whiney profile)

The WHINING... I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Instant left swipe, I dont care how hot she is.