LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Should she be excited?


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree31Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2017, 12:42 PM   #1
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,099
Should she be excited?

Should the girl you are dating be excited and want to come to events with you when you invite her? Should she be excited to want to mee your friends and close people in your life?
fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 12:47 PM   #2
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,223
If she's into you, then yes she is going to be excited to be a part of your life and to see progression in the relationship.
smackie9 likes this.
__________________
One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough ~ Hafiz
Zahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 12:56 PM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahara View Post
If she's into you, then yes she is going to be excited to be a part of your life and to see progression in the relationship.
And if shes meh or lukewarm she will be hesistant when i ask her ?
fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 12:58 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,254
Keep in mind people express themselves differently. Just because she's not squealing and jumping up and down doesn't mean she's not happy. Be careful of trying to force other people to act and react the way you do.
rushed likes this.
knabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 1:00 PM   #5
Established Member
 
Cookiesandough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 4,194
There are no absolutes. Maybe she really likes you but she's busy that day
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 1:02 PM   #6
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 650
It's obvious from your threads and posts that you are very distrusting at this point.
Following a specific set of rules isn't going to guarantee that you don't get hurt again because everyone is different.
I think you need to take some time off from dating and heal from your last heartbreak.
olivetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 1:07 PM   #7
Established Member
 
Gaeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred123 View Post
Should the girl you are dating be excited and want to come to events with you when you invite her? Should she be excited to want to mee your friends and close people in your life?
Yes most girlfriends are excited to follow you to events to meet family and friends because it means the relationship is escalating and getting more serious.

Some people don't like family, don't like friends, don't like to socialize and it's like breaking an arm to bring them anywhere. If you date someone like that I urge you to break up and to find a better suited partner.
smackie9 likes this.
__________________
'' The Biggest Coward Is A Man Who Awakens A Woman's Love With No Intention Of Loving Her '' - Bob Marley
Gaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 2:45 PM   #8
Established Member
 
coolheadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred123 View Post
Should the girl you are dating be excited and want to come to events with you when you invite her? Should she be excited to want to mee your friends and close people in your life?
What events? You can't force her to go an event she doesn't care to go just because she likes you? That would be mean to do on your put. As for the friends who means more she or your friends? The old saying was who would always be there for you friends or the woman you just been seeing? I met my new gf friends she hasn't met mine, but it doesn't matter to her if she does or not. Not really a big deal to me. What was a big deal to me was to meet her family and friends. I knew she wanted to show me off as her new man. I kinda like that fact a lot more!
__________________
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 4:10 PM   #9
Established Member
 
MajesticUnicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 175
I mean personally if I am really interested in a guy I am excited to meet his family/friends, attend events as a couple, etc. But as mentioned, not everyone show excitement the same way. Especially if it's early on in the relationship she may trying to play it cool. Hard to say though because not everyone reacts the same in relationships.
MajesticUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 6:07 PM   #10
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 7,589
I think the word 'excited' is overkill. Yes, I may look forward to events or meeting friends and family.....but am I excited? Nope. I just don't show emotions in that way.

To further answer your question, if she shows no interest or tries to avoid these things then she's not the right girl for you.
knabe likes this.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 6:14 PM   #11
Established Member
 
coolheadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
I think the word 'excited' is overkill. Yes, I may look forward to events or meeting friends and family.....but am I excited? Nope. I just don't show emotions in that way.

To further answer your question, if she shows no interest or tries to avoid these things then she's not the right girl for you.
Your last sentence sounds a bit harsh. If I say lets go to the movies and she said she wasn't feeling up to it? She could be feeling sick or she just didn't want to go out that day. Some women just don't want to meet your friends, they can still be interested but only about you not your friends.
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 6:24 PM   #12
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 7,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
Your last sentence sounds a bit harsh. If I say lets go to the movies and she said she wasn't feeling up to it? She could be feeling sick or she just didn't want to go out that day. Some women just don't want to meet your friends, they can still be interested but only about you not your friends.
With regards to her not feeling well, if she's usually upbeat but has a bad day, of course he should make allowances.

But if he needs the type of girl who is keen to do these things but is with one who isn't keen, then you're looking at a mismatch. A person who's keen to share their loved on with friends and family isn't a good match for a person who avoids it like the plague.
knabe likes this.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 6:32 PM   #13
Established Member
 
Cookiesandough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 4,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivetree View Post
It's obvious from your threads and posts that you are very distrusting at this point.
Following a specific set of rules isn't going to guarantee that you don't get hurt again because everyone is different.
I think you need to take some time off from dating and heal from your last heartbreak.
Yes. Each thread Fred makes about an allusive 'She' is an attempt to nail down the 'right' way an interested woman behaves, in contrast to the woman he's hung up on that strung him along, so that never happens to him again. This is probably detrimental. I think he just needs to date and learn that way instead of thinking up all of this.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 6:41 PM   #14
Established Member
 
coolheadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
With regards to her not feeling well, if she's usually upbeat but has a bad day, of course he should make allowances.

But if he needs the type of girl who is keen to do these things but is with one who isn't keen, then you're looking at a mismatch. A person who's keen to share their loved on with friends and family isn't a good match for a person who avoids it like the plague.
My close family is dead, and my real friends are not here with me. So in my case this wouldn't apply. I always feel if she didn't want me to meet her family or friends then I would have to agree with you. But sometimes there is a reason why they just don't want the friends and family to know her business. Case point the one I am seeing but she likes me enough to meet her mom, sister, younger brother, he two grown kids her friends her friend parents. See that's a good sign there. Even better her mom invites you over and makes dinner. Her very close friend (best friend she has invited us to go over to her place here with her husband) I am looking forward to that as well as the gf. That's good sign also.
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 6:49 PM   #15
Established Member
 
coolheadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Yes. Each thread Fred makes about an allusive 'She' is an attempt to nail down the 'right' way an interested woman behaves, in contrast to the woman he's hung up on that strung him along, so that never happens to him again. This is probably detrimental. I think he just needs to date and learn that way instead of thinking up all of this.
I agree with you that makes more sense. He needs to heal and get over things not to figure out why things are done in a certain way. Women can be confusing at times. We men are no different. There are no rules in place to say that woman are suppose to go with you every where you go out too. You don;'t have to drag them with you either. This is not the cave men times.. He needs to relax and think about things before he ever dates again!
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going out with someone i like , i am excited! crazybestie101 Breaks and Breaking Up 3 29th March 2014 3:21 AM
I Know You May Be Excited About The Big Day! keepontruckin Getting Married 1 1st December 2013 9:35 AM
Not all that excited OliverF Long-Distance Relationships 13 7th October 2013 8:54 AM
Excited Kristine Coping 2 16th July 2008 8:04 PM
I am so excited!! cj_gal Dating 0 25th February 2006 2:29 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 9:46 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.