LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Do you think this guy is really hung up on my age?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2017, 7:27 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaUK View Post
People sometimes kiss to just see what kissing is like - or so that they can tell their equally juvenile buddies that you kissed them.

Hi diatribe would have been enough for me never to want to see him again.

I suspect he is one of the plethora of 'eternal' 39 year olds you find on OLD.
I have never really experienced going through kissing as a thing to do after a daylight first meet with barely few messages exchanged beforehand. Nor insulting someone in a way to somehow "signal" that you are not interested when they showed you no signs of interest.

The standard script is to be polite, make small talk, finish your drink and make your excuses after 30mins-1hour.
Old 4th October 2017, 9:06 AM   #17
Established Member

He probably preys on women with low self esteem and was maybe hoping your age was something you'd be insecure about when being compared to women in their 20's.

He sounds like a real charmer
Old 4th October 2017, 1:16 PM   #18
Established Member

Perhaps I missed something here, but I didn't get the impression that he was taking a shot at the OP's age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Like "all these women over 40 are contacting me", implying that they are too old for him.
I agree with this part. He's stating his upper limit here.
Quote:
Then saying "I really think women in their late 20s have their head screwed on right, but not younger than that" (which to me implies that that's his preferable dating market).
Here, he's saying that women in their late twenties have their act together while women younger than them don't. This, to me, is him stating his minimal dating age. I don't read "women in their late 20s have their head screwed on right" as "I prefer women in their twenties". I read it more like: "Women don't have their heads screwed on right until their late twenties."

OP, did he have a preferred dating range stated on his OLD profile? If so, was his range late twenties to late thirties?
bpb2017 likes this.
Shining One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 1:22 PM   #19
Established Member

I agree it's not a dig at OP's age. He's just not the most tactful or eloquent person ever. Who knows why he lost interest or focus, but doesn't seem like much loss.
joseb likes this.

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 4th October 2017 at 1:48 PM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 2:13 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
I have never really experienced going through kissing as a thing to do after a daylight first meet with barely few messages exchanged beforehand. Nor insulting someone in a way to somehow "signal" that you are not interested when they showed you no signs of interest.

The standard script is to be polite, make small talk, finish your drink and make your excuses after 30mins-1hour.
You gone out with a guy who was in late 30s or really was in in 40s. But he really wants a women in their 20's. So kissed you at the end to see how you were a good, a fair or poor kisser. Then now you don't hear from him. Because he told you he wanted a woman in her 20's because he felt they have their head on straight. He doesn't want one in their 30's or 40's or higher. That's him you had found a guy who wasn't married or had kids. Huge plus for you right, well the only thing was he wasn't into you because of your age. I don't know how you look like in 30's but he might have felt otherwise. That's him, you can't change what he wants. Well now you know to move on and find another man. This one isn't going to contact you again even if he had kissed you at the end.
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 2:22 PM   #21
Established Member

Well what I gathered from it was that he dissed all women a couple years or more older than him and all those younger than late 20s. That suggests his preference is somewhere inbetween(OP's age). It just seems unlikely someone goes on a date with someone they meet online and their foremost reason of nixing them is their age. It says it right there.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 2:29 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Well what I gathered from it was that he dissed all women a couple years or more older than him and all those younger than late 20s. That suggests his preference is somewhere inbetween(OP's age). It just seems unlikely someone goes on a date with someone they meet online and their foremost reason of nixing them is their age. It says it right there.
Yes I agree with you 100% on that point! I still feel he was just seeing who she was and it might of been excuse to go out on a date if he had nothing else plan to do, mean not dating anyone else that night. She wasn't what he had wanted but he was there for the time spent only. Kiss was something he wanted to do?
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 2:43 PM   #23

At the low end, he was just talking out of his a$$. We all say dumb things sometimes. At the high end, he is a real jerk that is hung up on age. Only you will be able to tell from any possible future conversations where he falls on that line. If he keeps bringing age up, then that is your red flag.
bpb2017 likes this.
Old 4th October 2017, 3:12 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Like this one guy who said he was 36 in his profile. When I met him, he confessed that he 43 and wanted to be honest with me because I seem like a relationship material. When I asked why is he lying about being 36 he said "it's easier to hook up with younger chicks"

He is still "36" over a year later
That's precisely why I don't ever go on a date without running a background check on the guy If only it was that easy to check the other points on which guys lie, like height (everyone adds two to three inches I figured...) and employment status (like so many unemployed guys claim they are 'consultants' or 'directors' in their daddy or mommy's company... that's harder to track)
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 6:22 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:

....average to cute looking (a little chubby and starting to bald though so nothing special)...Not out of my league in any way.

Everything you described sounds very luke warm. You don't seem that interested and said you wouldn't mind seeing him again (doesn't sound enthusiastic). I think you expected him to have lower standards due to how you saw him so the question is, why do you care?
OnlyHonesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 1:38 AM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyHonesty View Post
Everything you described sounds very luke warm. You don't seem that interested and said you wouldn't mind seeing him again (doesn't sound enthusiastic). I think you expected him to have lower standards due to how you saw him so the question is, why do you care?
This nailed it. I was very meh about him - I just wanted to see what people thought about age comments.
Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 5:42 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
This nailed it. I was very meh about him - I just wanted to see what people thought about age comments.
I bet it also irked you a little bit that somebody you weren't really into felt the same way in return. But I find that dynamic to be rather common.
Old 5th October 2017, 5:46 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptInsano View Post
I bet it also irked you a little bit that somebody you weren't really into felt the same way in return. But I find that dynamic to be rather common.
Yup that too. Sort of like "Do I even have a chance with a more appealing guy if a barely tolerable one rejects me?"
Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 5:50 AM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Yup that too. Sort of like "Do I even have a chance with a more appealing guy if a barely tolerable one rejects me?"
It doesn't work that way, though. I've always had a much better chance with women I found very attractive. Not sure why that is, maybe we just defined attractiveness in a similar way.
CptInsano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 9:37 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
That has no real basis given the possible variables in life. Your ego feels deflated, but who you really are doesn't. However, maybe there is a lesson in there somewhere....
OnlyHonesty is offline   Reply With Quote