Am I wrong for wanting a better ring?

jessiejae

He spent $2500 on my ring. I make a lot more money than he does he doesn't make much now but after buying my ring he has about 10,000 left in savings and a 401 k idk how much he has in that. He is planning to go on vacation with his friends to Miami. He hasn't mentioned anything about us having a nice honeymoon (we are eloping). I feel he should give me a nicer ring especially since he was considering a vacation. His ex gf wanted a 10,000 ring he never proposed to her though. She was very unattractive and she cheated on him. I feel like I deserve something nicer. I would be fine with a cheaper ring if he helped pay for my cosmetic surgery. I feel I'm not a priority bc he would rather spend money on a 10 vacation.

He said he would give me a nicer one in 7 yrs when he graduates. But idk if he actually will.

Edited by jessiejae
  • Like 1

lol I can see the future from here.....you will be divorced because of how different you both view how money should be spent.

Sorry but, you are being quite shallow. The ring shouldn't mean a measure of his love for you....if you do feel that way then you are marrying the wrong guy.

• Like 19
He spent $2500 on my ring. I make a lot more money than he does he doesn't make much now but after buying my ring he has about 10,000 left in savings and a 401 k idk how much he has in that. He is planning to go on vacation with his friends to Miami. He hasn't mentioned anything about us having a nice honeymoon (we are eloping). I feel he should give me a nicer ring especially since he was considering a vacation. His ex gf wanted a 10,000 ring he never proposed to her though. She was very unattractive and she cheated on him. I feel like I deserve something nicer. I would be fine with a cheaper ring if he helped pay for my cosmetic surgery. I feel I'm not a priority bc he would rather spend money on a 10 vacation.

He said he would give me a nicer one in 7 yrs when he graduates. But idk if he actually will.

IMO yes you are being wrong for wanting a bigger rock on your finger.

• Like 5

I got my wife a near bespoke sapphire and diamond ring that suited and complmented her style and personality with great movement. I did not get some near worthless diamond a dozen ring from a chain. Spent a forth what your boyfriend did. Chains are a ripoff. My savings and investments built us a cabin in the mountains. You're being petty and focused on the wrong things.

• Like 5

What do you value more -- him or the ring? You sound very selfish, ungrateful and self-absorbed. And, you are presuming to suggest to him how to use HIS money? Look at this post and think about what you are saying.

And, he didn't buy the other girl a $10,000 ring and she is now his ex. Do you want to be next?

• Like 4

If this is how the love of my life felt about the ring I bought them, I would be totally devastated and call off the wedding.

• Like 10

you should have told him before he gave you the ring what you wanted. men will rarely mess it up if they have pictures and costs and explicit instructions about the ring prior to buying the ring. did you tell him beforehand your ring desires? if not, then you left it up to him and got what he wanted to give.

you should have told him before he gave you the ring what you wanted. men will rarely mess it up if they have pictures and costs and explicit instructions about the ring prior to buying the ring. did you tell him beforehand your ring desires? if not, then you left it up to him and got what he wanted to give.

If you read the post he promised to buy her something more expensive after he graduates. It's obvious he is paying for his schooling, and can't afford it at this time. And the money she talks about that he could possibly "hiding from her" is money set aside for his education and needs. He has his priorities straight and she has no clue.

• Like 3

Do you even know the history behind the "proposing with a ring?".

• Like 1
Do you even know the history behind the "proposing with a ring?".

So in watching this video, two month's salary seems to be the norm.

Which begs the question .....jessiejae, what is your boyfriend's (now fiance's) monthly salary?

Personally, I would be more than thrilled with a $2500 ring. I just checked on line, and many of them are gorgeous!

Even if my bf made a million a year, I would not even want a big, gawdy, more expensive ring.

I am a simple girl at heart.....which serves us well.

Although my bf is always buying me little gifts here and there " "just cause," which I love and appreciate.

But big huge 10k diamond ring? No thanks.

But that's just me. You are you, I get that.

Just wondering why all the emphasis on the cost though.

Do you think it means he doesn't love you as much? Because he didn't spend 10k?

The video alluded to many women feeling that way ...

• Like 1

I do metals and gemstones. 14ct 20ct rough diamonds go for under a grand, well under all day. Rings have average 3 grams gold and gold is roughly mid thirties a gram ( far less from chain stores with 8k - 10k trash). I'm rather sure op is the type that even knocked out with gemstone and gold would be put off if a pound of flesh wasn't given even if appraised for same or greater then spent. Ring she got would only get 100$ - 250$ resale. Spending 10$k would be very wise.

Fyi when get in jewelry usually pluck the diamonds into the trash, they don't smelt so well . The client should be thankful include thier weight into the gold value...not that they add anything :p

Get priorities straight...future is more important, should be thankful someone got you metal and a gemstone.

I disagree here...the crazy wants to cripple the guy financially and make sure that he can't do anything with his friends...the actual look of the ring didn't seem to matte...she's being excessively controlling and selfish...I would forward this post to the guy if I could, as he should break up with her now and I'd feel like a better person for helping him realize that now before he becomes a divorcee.

So in watching this video, two month's salary seems to be the norm.

Which begs the question .....jessiejae, what is your boyfriend's (now fiance's) monthly salary?

Personally, I would be more than thrilled with a $2500 ring. I just checked on line, and many of them are gorgeous!

Even if my bf made a million a year, I would not even want a big, gawdy, more expensive ring.

I am a simple girl at heart.....which serves us well.

Although my bf is always buying me little gifts here and there " "just cause," which I love and appreciate.

But big huge 10k diamond ring? No thanks.

But that's just me. You are you, I get that.

Just wondering why all the emphasis on the cost though.

Do you think it means he doesn't love you as much? Because he didn't spend 10k?

The video alluded to many women feeling that way ...

Something more enlightening would be the source of two months pay for the contriven tradition, hint the people that had to artificially pump the price of the not rare stone were picking off the ground. Ever notice how the chains have lots of diamonds, while the majority of other stones are lab made...what could the reason be.....so hard to figure out.

$2500 for a ring that is not nice? Refund . why is it not "nice?"

Are you serious? Even if he is a billionaire isn't it about the symbol..

• Like 3

You make a lot more money than him and you want him to help pay for your cosmetic surgery! Seriously?

And you think you deserve a nicer ring do you? The only thing you deserve my girl is getting kicked to the kerb!

• Like 3

So does he know you are a cam girl? You can afford your own plastic surgery from what I gather in your other post on the stripper thread.

• Like 1
$2500 for a ring that is not nice? Refund . why is it not "nice?"

Are you serious? Even if he is a billionaire isn't it about the symbol..

In watching the video (I knew this before watching too), many women equate the cost of the ring to how much a man loves her.

Some men get this, many don't.

It's just another form of social conditioning that many people buy into.

Sad, but that is reality.

Edited by katiegrl

So you are getting married to a guy you met four months ago, and its the size of the ring that is worrying you????????

Hm.

Its quite refreshing to see all the replies on here who havent bought into the whole debeers bullshyte advertising and commercial brainwashing.

• Like 1
If OP were a gold digger she wouldn't be marrying a poor guy.

- Or maybe she's just not that good at it?

In watching the video (I knew this before watching too), many women equate the cost of the ring to how much a man loves her.

Some men get this, many don't.

It's just another form of social conditioning that many people buy into.

Sad, but that is reality.

There is a running joke with some reality, the bigger the ring and wedding the quicker the divorce.

Consideration for ring should be personality / style / colour. The thing I find most important is if the ring fits. If a girl gets a ring natural to taste, that fits...the guy did homework to get the size. He cares cause wants her to be able to wear it. Size of diamond and price are pathetic bling worries that telegraph a lack of taste and class in my book.

• Like 1