A woman's "look"...

Gloria25

Does looking at someone mean you're interested?

I'm watching a movie and earlier in the movie, the guy was watching his ex-wife go into the cab to take her to the airport and he kept on saying to himself something like 'just look, look at me' and she looked up and he smiled and there you go....

So, do guys take a woman looking at them as a sign of interest and/or the woman is thinking about them?

Does looking at someone mean you're interested?

I'm watching a movie and earlier in the movie, the guy was watching his ex-wife go into the cab to take her to the airport and he kept on saying to himself something like 'just look, look at me' and she looked up and he smiled and there you go....

So, do guys take a woman looking at them as a sign of interest and/or the woman is thinking about them?

OK. So, Women a woman is inflatuated with a man. When she wants to a sex with him. There are 2 looks that women give off.

1. The woman will look at the man, eyes, to mouth- back to eyes, A very good indicator that she wants to be kissed.

2. A woman's eyes will actually dilate, yes AN INVOLUNTARY movement. Her pupils go from smaller, to bigger, at that moment, you can probably have sex with that woman. They are so inflatuated with the man.

The 2nd one usually happens when the guy is telling a story and thw woman is paying attention to him.

Yes it's one of the most fundamental signals that let me know she's interested. I need something to go off of, I won't just approach a girl who ignores me.

I used to put a lot of stock in consistently lingering looks but long experience with such looks who later turned out to be MW's mitigated that propensity. I experienced it markedly most recently a couple years ago, along with consistent attention, flirty body language and otherwise 'come hither' aura but remained neutral in response and, sure enough, the lady turned out to be married.

What I take it for now is, for better or worse or accurate or not, a woman who knows how to affect a man with her behavior and is good at doing it. That's called cynicism and probably, in general, unhealthy, but that's how it goes sometimes. Maybe someday it'll be different and more than likely most men don't have that perspective so you should get plenty of attention from longing glances and similar.

uhhh guys...

You realise that no one ever told us this right?

Man this explains so much unwanted attention!!!

If we like you and want you to make a move we'll try to initiate a convo, touch you a lot, flip our hair, try to spin out the convo...

Looking at a guy is just looking. Thats what guys do, we're communicators.

And attraction is totally NOT the only thing that make pupils dilate. It's not even in the top 5 most likely.

Looking at a guy is just looking. Thats what guys do, we're communicators.

They don't mean in conversation. It's when a guy is passing you in the office or in the street or wherever and you have prolonged eyecontact, that's what they are referring to. A sign of mutual attraction.

• Like 1
They don't mean in conversation. It's when a guy is passing you in the office or in the street or wherever and you have prolonged eyecontact, that's what they are referring to. A sign of mutual attraction.

im not so sure they all are... some of it sounds like wishful thinking.

That deliberate prolonged eye contact thing is so damn awkward. I only do it when i'm drunk :D

• Like 2
im not so sure they all are... some of it sounds like wishful thinking.

That deliberate prolonged eye contact thing is so damn awkward. I only do it when i'm drunk :D

Yes it's very powerful. When it's attraction I don't notice that I'm doing it sometimes. I remember a guy asking me how I was and after a few seconds I realised I didn't answer his question, we just kept staring at each other :laugh:

I don't even take kissing as a sign of attraction/interest anymore. I've had women kiss me that I never heard from again right after.

So, a "look", means nothing as well. Sure, it could be an indicator... but I'd never go based on a look.

• Like 1

my girls know my look....they know it because i give it when they push me too far......and they back off and scamper away......i use it on men who push me too far too......i have perfected it..if i am interested in a guy .....i am more likely too just say hey i like you...than bat my eyelashes.........deb

If a women makes eye contact with you hold her gaze until she breaks eye contact. Evolutionary psychology has hardwired the woman's brain to be attracted to eye contact.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

The simple answer is yes. But as some women have pointed out, there are a number of other signs we give hoping men will get that lets them know we're into them. Making eye contact along coupled with a warm inviting smile is just the first step in a series of things we ladies do to capture a man's attention :)

• Like 2

Context is everything. In the movie, the man already had an entrenched relationship. He needed her to look at him in order to re-establish a line of communication. It wasn't that she looked at him in any particular way - it was simply the fact that he was there when she looked up. Instant recognition, and there you go. It was an opening. Right?

With strangers, it is different. I think a lot depends on the number of looks a man gets, and for how long these looks last. If you're in a bar, or at a party, or even in the library, every woman in the room will look at you once if you're within eyeshot. It is unavoidable. But the woman who constantly glances in your direction, or who maintains a extended eye contact when you look back? Those are the ones that are interested. And if they meet you, and become uninterested, you'll see the eye contact diminish.

Oh and by the way, I think that goes for men too.

And carhill, just because they are MW doesn't mean they're not interested. It just means they are less likely to act on that interest, because of the cost.

Yes it's one of the most fundamental signals that let me know she's interested. I need something to go off of, I won't just approach a girl who ignores me.

Absolutely. I've posted a previous thread about the distinct lack of looks I see from women:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/transitioning/search/490867-why-do-women-ignore-me

I take it as a sign of lack of interest.

And carhill, just because they are MW doesn't mean they're not interested. It just means they are less likely to act on that interest, because of the cost.

Certainly possible; however, I let that play out a few times and became horrifically embroiled in enough affairs to decide it was better not to play with that kind of interest. My most recent anecdote, prior, points that out. Like in the movie alluded to in the OP, she invariably would look up from her desk at me when walking into the building, or catch my gaze or stop for small talk, or notice me when we both happened to be leaving at the same time (her employer is a customer of mine). The 'first' look was when she sought me out in the customer's shop to bring me a check. His staff never does that. Attention. No wedding ring. Married. Typical. I don't mean that in a negative way. It's just how things are.

However, now being a battle hardened divorced male, I seem to get fewer of those kinds of looks anymore, which IMO is a good thing, since married people playing with and/or harvesting the emotions of others is something I'm happy to move on from. I've yet to meet one who didn't. Why? Because I look around here and all I see is an old male cat and the only person who blows up my phone is my best male friend. People take what they want and move on. That's life!

If the OP's username is indicative of their age, probably none of this old fart life experience will apply. She should use the classic 'looks' and they will serve her fine.

Absolutely. I've posted a previous thread about the distinct lack of looks I see from women:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/transitioning/search/490867-why-do-women-ignore-me

I take it as a sign of lack of interest.

I made this http://www.loveshack.org/forums/general/general-relationship-discussion/483119-ladies-do-you-give-signals-when-you-want-approached

Someone looking at you, is mostly just someone looking at you. Nothing means anything anymore. Just approach whoever you want. Life is a crapshoot.

Some women have stared at me and nothings come of it. Some women turn away and never look at me, only later to find out they were really really in to me. Just cause it's in a movie doesn't mean it should be taken seriously. At all. Life happens drastically different.

People are individuals and everyone is going to do something different. No human is hard wired for anything. Except to survive.. (I'm waiting for some dating expert to tell me I'm wrong now.)

We're individuals who all think for their-self in specific ways, original to our journey. If we were all hard wired in a general way; no one would be gay. That wouldn't make sense for the circle of life. Right?

I walk down the street everyday. Mostly every woman walking head on to me, will look in their phone or across the street. I can sense they know my presence. Yet they don't look at me. And I'm physically an attractive man.

My co-worker is not a physically attractive guy, at all. He told me just about every woman will look at him, acknowledge him in some way, or even return his hello.

So please dating expert Jay... Explain that. You sound like you're a pro.

Just because someone looks, doesn't look, stares at you... Big whoop. Don't read in to something so very small. Something like that should not reflect anything about how you feel about yourself - what you are or are not.

I don't even take kissing as a sign of attraction/interest anymore. I've had women kiss me that I never heard from again right after.

This is true. I've shared a date with a young woman before. Met her in person. Set up a date.

Then on said date we touched a lot, flirted, made-out on the first date. She verbally said "I really enjoyed tonight, and kissing you, alot, let's hangout again real soon, hehe"

Only to have her disappear and never link up a second time.

Grand scheme of everything... A look doesn't mean sh*t. It's small potatoes.

You came up with this idea from a movie. Don't forget, in movies everything is enlarged by 1000%. A movie is about a bunch of scenes put together with high stakes. To make high stakes we exaggerate.

In the movie, that man needed her to look at him to achieve his greater goal. She will obviously respond to his want to achieve her bigger objective. To give us a story. Life is not the same.

--

Want ultimate attraction advice?

Look like success. Look like you are accomplished, have money, are driven. People want an image. And that's to just be better than the average.

Just become physically what you see on magazine covers. Because that's what people want. That's what sells to the general public. Not everyone. But a huge portion of people. That style of clothing. That hair-do.

Example

There's a girl in a beautiful dress, hair done, nice skin, a slight smile, nice shiny watch and necklace.

There's a girl wearing baggier yoga pants, hair in a pony tale, no makeup, no accessories, with a cool jacket.

Both example women are the same woman wearing different clothes. A different "mask". Which one is more sought after, do you think? (you can use same example for a man).

You could literally look normal on Monday, then look like you belong on Wallstreet on Tuesday and probably have 3 more numbers and a lot more looks. Because you look like you have something to offer.

If I learned anything from growing up as a child in North America... It's that packaging sells the product.

We're children of a giant cooperation.

"My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint because he wrote the words 'All men are created equal', words he clearly didn't believe since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He's a rich white snob who's sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So, yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for those words while he sat back and drank his wine and fuvvked his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community? Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business."

Once you realize you're a business... I think it's easier to get what you want. And isn't that what everyone wants; to get what they want?

Edited by Supernatural

I walk down the street everyday. Mostly every woman walking head on to me, will look in their phone or across the street. I can sense they know my presence. Yet they don't look at me. And I'm physically an attractive man.

My co-worker is not a physically attractive guy, at all. He told me just about every woman will look at him, acknowledge him in some way, or even return his hello.

So please dating expert Jay... Explain that. You sound like you're a pro.

Alright man if you insist. Let's start with your OLD experience

Tinder sucks. Conversations are terrible - if they even respond - which makes no sense because they swiped right on you. I found it more frustrating than anything.

I think people just use it to inflate their ego. "Look at all these people who think I'm attractive". It's an instant gratification app. And it's rare you will find anyone worthwhile on there.

If you want to separate yourself from 95% of men... Approach in person sober and not in a bar/club. Anyone can swipe right or make a dating profile. Few can approach in public with their head held high, chest out and shoulders back.

You had another one saying OLD killed your confidence so you burned your OLD profile to the ground.

Here's the blow from orion's razor. You might not be as good looking as you think you are. Before you fire at me, let me explain. You're probably not ugly, and you might be nice looking, but here are some really good looking guys and their had a little bit better luck than you with OLD. Not a little bit, but complete 180 from your experience.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/transitioning/search/489413-appparently-i-may-have-been-wrong

I've got more, just let me know and I'll send you some links done on OKcupid, POF done in different locations that prove the same thing.

Edit: the thread I linked has been taken down so I PMed you some other ones.

Edited by jay1983

Yes, I take a woman looking at me as a sign of interest. And I take a woman not looking at me as a sign of interest. A woman that talks to me, one that ignores me. It all means the same thing. That she's interested.

• Like 1
No human is hard wired for anything. Except to survive.. (I'm waiting for some dating expert to tell me I'm wrong now.)

I'm no dating expert, but you're wrong. yes humans are hard wired to look at what they like. When you see a beautiful woman, you look at her and probably stare for a sec. Women are the same way. Same thing with ass and tittes, we're biologicaly program to like that. You said women are more more likely to look if you're dressed nice, cause you look like you have something to offer. Yes that's true, but it not conscious decision. Do you really think that when they see a nicely dressed man, they think about what he has to offer? No it's instant, they're drawn to that, just like we like cute thin girl with round butts and big boobs.

I can see what you're saying Jay. I've sure questioned whether I'm good-looking or not, thousands of times. I'm not someone who contantly thinks "I'm reallly good looking"

But answer this..

Why would that be, you think?

you_can_not_see_me

I personally think the most reliable indicator of interest in both sexes is looking at someone frequently. Even shy people do this, they just look when they think the person isn't going to see them.

This is why a lot of the time other people can more easily spot attraction between two people, they see the shy individual looking at the person he/she is attracted to without him/her noticing.

I can see what you're saying Jay. I've sure questioned whether I'm good-looking or not, thousands of times. I'm not someone who contantly thinks "I'm reallly good looking"

But answer this..

Why would that be, you think?

Okay, your coworker. I don't know until I see what he's talking about. He may have a harmless, nerdy, goofy look like that fat dude from king of queens. He maybe attractive to the ladies, like some celebrities channing tatum, mark walberg, I don't see the good looks in those guys, but the ladies do. He maybe exaggerating or flat out lying about it, it maybe all in his head. I don't know, that's neither here nor there.

First, I'll talk about my homeboy, bare with me here. On a mainstream scale he's probably a 7, I think I'm roughly a 6. I get a little attention from girls, he gets more. When we go out (we're both cut and dry, t-shirt, jeans). I get less attention, cause the girls usually want to talk to him. Just like when you see 2 girls, one kinda cute and one hotter. You're gonna wanna talk to the hotter one. Sometimes girls approach me, only to ask me if he's single like it's fu*king high school. Girls look and gawk at him. When he's around their cellphones are put down, because they're more interested in him than whatever's on their phone.

As for you, I wanna say you're implying that girls look at their phone when they pass you because they're shy. Almost all of them? Dude, that face in the phone thing, is a way of saying they're not interested or whatever is on their phone is more interesting than you. Cross the street when they see you. Hmmm........ Come on lets be rational. You're so hot that they cross the street when they see you? Don't even give you a chance to talk to them?

The thread I tried to show, it was someone trolling on tindr. He took pics of an unknown celebrity from europe and started sending some of the nastiest messages to girls and they were ready to fu*k ASAP. It went on for like 50 pages of screen shot after screen shot that were about an hour apart of hot girls handing their number out and agreeing to take it up the ass (literally) Really good looking guys don't have to do shyt. The girls just come to them and they beat them off with a stick.

Edited by jay1983