OLD older men after younger women

TigerLilly78

Well I broke down and activated and added a pic to a old on line dating site and sure enough first response was a guy 17 years my senior saying how gorgeous I am *sigh I knew it it always happens I KNEW IT..I don't have anything agenst older men. I just wish ones some what more near my own age were interested any other women have this issue with OLD? this seams to be all I get contacting me unless I initiate contact first..

• Like 1

It's bound to happen. Maybe you can put an age restriction on who can contact you - some sites have this feature. Just because he's old doesn't mean he can't hope! And, it happens just often enough that a much younger woman will date or even marry an older man that some will hope it will happen to them as well.

• Author
TigerLilly78
It's bound to happen. Maybe you can put an age restriction on who can contact you - some sites have this feature. Just because he's old doesn't mean he can't hope! And, it happens just often enough that a much younger woman will date or even marry an older man that some will hope it will happen to them as well.

Yeah they do have the age range on there that I am looking for and I clearly have it set to what I would feel comfortable with and its a wide range. Yet I still get men 5 or 10 years past contacting me im in my 30s and I get 50 and even 60 something's on a reg basis. I had put something about it in the profile itself but then I felt bad so I removed it I have horrid luck with dating in general its almost comical..

Put something firm on your profile, such as "I'm not interested in men old enough to be my father who have daughter-issues"

Though I used to just ignore them.

• Like 1

Ask him if he has a son who is single.

Ask him to send you a copy of his last tax form because you only date older men if they are very rich.

• Like 5

Some girls like older men. And anyway why shouldn't people of all ages go for who they want, which in this case, is you?

If you have trouble getting a guy your own age no point in getting upset at old blokes that show an interest. You think young guys arent getting hit up by old dears online?

• Like 2
Well I broke down and activated and added a pic to a old on line dating site and sure enough first response was a guy 17 years my senior saying how gorgeous I am *sigh I knew it it always happens I KNEW IT..I don't have anything agenst older men. I just wish ones some what more near my own age were interested any other women have this issue with OLD? this seams to be all I get contacting me unless I initiate contact first..

This happens a lot, and they will tend to ignore your preferences. I would get messages along the lines of, "It's a shame I'm out of your age range, because you sound perfect" or "I'm young at heart" from men fifteen years older than me (and more), ignoring women their own age.

• Like 1
  • Author
TigerLilly78
Some girls like older men. And anyway why shouldn't people of all ages go for who they want, which in this case, is you?

If you have trouble getting a guy your own age no point in getting upset at old blokes that show an interest. You think young guys arent getting hit up by old dears online?

Not so much getting one my own age it just would be nice to get interest from some at least in the ballpark or even the parking lot of said ballpark and its not so much upsetting me as kinda disappointing I guess oh im sure they do its prob a two way street..

You put the age range on there and not only do they only go after women far too young for them, but they don't even respect the women's decisions who specifically ask them not to! Oh, yeah, those are a real catch. Just what you want: a guy who from the get-go doesn't give a crap what YOU want. I'm sure they all tell you they still look just like they did 20 years ago too.

An online friend of mine who wishes to remain childfree and not date anyone with kids has her preferences on her profile, but all she gets is old guys with kids trying to date her. They don't give a crap what the woman wants and that's because they just want sex, that's it. So they see no reason why they themselves should be held to any qualifications.

• Like 1

You can't stop anyone from contacting you. They will always think you'll make an exception for them because they are so special.

• Like 3
I don't have anything against older men. I just wish ones some what more near my own age were interested any other women have this issue with OLD? this seams to be all I get contacting me unless I initiate contact first..
At 37, I reach out to women my age all the time. Although I'll contact someone 26 or 27 (or 42) if I find them attractive, it's unlikely they'll reply. Therefore, my hopes are highest for women in the 31-39 range.

Therefore, a bit of self-reflection may be in order. How do you compare to the other women your age on the dating site? I don't know any mid-thirties men who only date younger. However, I know many men who are quite particular regarding other qualities.

When I had a profile, lots of plain and overweight women would write to me. It's tempting to feel sorry for ourselves that the people we wish for don't initiate with us, but that's the reality. If you're not willing to put yourself out there, you're relegated to only meeting people who choose you.

Personally, I prefer to risk the rejection.

• Author
TigerLilly78
At 37, I reach out to women my age all the time. Although I'll contact someone 26 or 27 (or 42) if I find them attractive, it's unlikely they'll reply. Therefore, my hopes are highest for women in the 31-39 range.

Therefore, a bit of self-reflection may be in order. How do you compare to the other women your age on the dating site? I don't know any mid-thirties men who only date younger. However, I know many men who are quite particular regarding other qualities.

When I had a profile, lots of plain and overweight women would write to me. It's tempting to feel sorry for ourselves that the people we wish for don't initiate with us, but that's the reality. If you're not willing to put yourself out there, you're relegated to only meeting people who choose you.

Personally, I prefer to risk the rejection.

I suppose I stack up fine im on the plus side but the site is dedicated to plus size women so that shouldn't be an issue. Men who go there should know this is what this site is for. Far as me personality im open and honest about my personality and so on far as looks I still get carded at 36 so I suppose im not bad. So yea I see what you mean about "self reflection" but I don't think its really anything about me..

You put the age range on there and not only do they only go after women far too young for them, but they don't even respect the women's decisions who specifically ask them not to! Oh, yeah, those are a real catch. Just what you want: a guy who from the get-go doesn't give a crap what YOU want. I'm sure they all tell you they still look just like they did 20 years ago too.

An online friend of mine who wishes to remain childfree and not date anyone with kids has her preferences on her profile, but all she gets is old guys with kids trying to date her. They don't give a crap what the woman wants and that's because they just want sex, that's it. So they see no reason why they themselves should be held to any qualifications.

This is my experience of it too pretty much.

The overwhelming majority really don't think that a woman should have any opinion on who she dates. Many have actually said this.

I get mails from guys in their 60's and 70's mostly and I'm 45 (Incredibly people guess my age to be 32 in real life - which even with 5 years shaved off for politeness is quite unbelievable to me! :laugh:)

I had a guy mail me who was 50 when I was still in my thirties and I mailed back that I was looking for someone closer to my own age.

He was very pushy and got very graphically crude and argumentative too so I ended up blocking him but not before he confessed that his pic was years old and he was actually 75!

Change your settings or find a new OLD site that allows you to set them.

If your like 25 and hot as hell why wouldn't a 37 year old prick like me try his luck?

:p

There is a site called herway.com (I think), where you can hide your profile, and have potential matches emailed to you. You get to choose who sees your profile.

Younger women 20-28 like older men.

Women 29-37 are okay with men their own age.

Older women 38+ like younger men.

Younger men 20-28 like attractive women of pretty much all ages.

Men 29-37 like younger women.

Older men 38+ like much younger women.

Doesn't mean they'll actually get them, though.

• Like 1

Both OkC and match have email filters. Set it to whatever you want, then never venture in that folder.

Treat online dating as a backup to your other ways to meet people.

When I go on there I screen like hell. The overall quality of the men I have met has improved immensely as a result. None have worked out yet, but they have mostly been positive experiences.

Edited: yes I do initiate first sometimes. I don't witness any different outcomes between when I initiate and if they initiate.

Edited by RedRobin
  • Like 2
This is my experience of it too pretty much.

The overwhelming majority really don't think that a woman should have any opinion on who she dates. Many have actually said this.

I get mails from guys in their 60's and 70's mostly and I'm 45 (Incredibly people guess my age to be 32 in real life - which even with 5 years shaved off for politeness is quite unbelievable to me! :laugh:)

I had a guy mail me who was 50 when I was still in my thirties and I mailed back that I was looking for someone closer to my own age.

He was very pushy and got very graphically crude and argumentative too so I ended up blocking him but not before he confessed that his pic was years old and he was actually 75!

This is the thing that I don't get about OLD...Its pretty much full of bull****! Its true, men don't care about the age restriction because they are mostly after looks on these sites and women are happy to oblige, giving pictures of themselves from their younger years, fluffed up pictures or not EVEN a picture of themselves (had this happen to a friend of mine).

So my advise is to just go out there and actually met people. Like what the other commenter said, if you are online you are pretty much relegated to having people pick you not the other way around.

Yup. I keep getting contacted by men that are either over 45 or under 25. Can't win :(

Do you not believe a 24 year old can satisfy your physical and emotional needs?

If you met one that blew you away, would you say no just because of his age?

Ruby Slippers

I recently got a message from a guy who's 21 years older than me with daughters almost my age :laugh:

• Like 3

While I never contacted or approached much younger women, I've dated a couple who were 27 years younger - they initiated. Neither was looking for anything serious, and neither were after anything but good company and good sex. One lasted about 2 years, and we've remained friends. There are some - a small percentage - who simply like older men.

• Author
TigerLilly78

Well least I know its not just me I feel a little better some how and yes once in a while I also get the much younger one here or there. Or ironically ill get one near my age who seams nice but is over seas! There was a time ide consider a LDR of that magnitude but those days are in the past.. Far as the younger I have nothing agenst them but have had bad experience's in the past with younger guys ending up being quite flakey..I know there not all like that but yeah..

Older men prefer much younger women b/c women closer to their age are not as attractive. Let's be blunt, after 35 or so, both men and women begin to let themselves go. Especially women, imho. I tried dating women 5-7+/- my age (mid-forties). But, believe me, there are many more fit and attractive women at much younger ages...duh, right?

Rocket science not required, but I wonder why more younger men don't approach you? Eh, they'll soon come flooding your email.

• Author
TigerLilly78
Older men prefer much younger women b/c women closer to their age are not as attractive. Let's be blunt, after 35 or so, both men and women begin to let themselves go. Especially women, imho. I tried dating women 5-7+/- my age (mid-forties). But, believe me, there are many more fit and attractive women at much younger ages...duh, right?

Rocket science not required, but I wonder why more younger men don't approach you? Eh, they'll soon come flooding your email.

Yeah I do see your point honestly tho unless im just strange at this point in my life ide rather go more for compatibility and having things in common then just the physical aspect of it if anything im apt to be accepting of a potential partners "flaws" these days.

And if your correct and this is the age were most "let them selves go" then why would a man over 35 who has let himself go.. Expect to get a women younger who is more apt to be in better shape? that's just going on your theory there of course doesn't make sense to me..