Kiss on the cheek?

Cuccoon

Ok, it's opinion time people...so I"m an actress and I"m in a new show. I like this one guy in the show, which is nice because most men in this city's theater scene are gay! Anyhow, we've all hung out as a group once or twice...last night I was talking to him backstage and got my courage up to ask if he wanted to grab a drink after the show.

We all as a group went for ice cream, and although I had invited others, it was just me and him :) at the bar later. We talked for a long time. We laughed a lot, got to know each other, even talked a little about relationships in general. I continue to like him.

I've been dating online so the dates I've had were definitely "dates". This is sort of a hang out with a co-worker, so it could be just friendly. However, he seemed to go out of his way to stay out with me, walked me to my car after ward and when we hugged good bye, I got a kiss on the cheek.

So I'm wondering how to read it. On the one hand, if we were just friendly, it would have been only a hug I think. And it even could have been a lip kiss if I had turned my head. lol. But I was surprised by it. So I drove him across the city to his apt to drop him off, and then we hugged again and I kissed him on the cheek too.

I am hoping there's something there. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, as I've struck out a lot lately with the online dating thing. I guess I'll know next weekend when we have our final shows if he wants to see me again, I have no problem asking him out if he doesn't.

So given the casual circumstance of how we hung out after the show, but given we were alone, he stayed out late at the bar with me, we talked about relationships and other personal stuff, and the walk to the car and the cheek kiss - any hope?

What are your opinions?

meerkat stew

If he is interested, you have given him enough buying signals that he should definitely be able to pick up the ball and run with it.

I would take it as a sign of interest. I wouldnt hang out with a girl that long unless I was interested. And the kiss on the cheek? Well, if it is customary for him to do it, thats one thing. If not, yeah, he is probably interested.

Good luck, go for it.

My opinion is you have showed substantial interest. Now it's his turn. He needs to ask you out and proactively kiss you in a romantic way. Other than that it's just buddies. Romance is a mutual sport. Good luck :)

• Author

It's ok, our "company's" show ends in a week. And you're right he'll probably ask me out. He's kinda shy though. But yea...

It's ok, our "company's" show ends in a week. And you're right he'll probably ask me out. He's kinda shy though. But yea...

If he is shy then you MIGHT have to ask him out. Thats the price u have to pay for liking cute shy guys ... :D

• Author

I was thinking that he seemed to do the cheek to see how I reacted too - which is why I gave him the kiss on the cheek a while after.

I know a lot of people say to wait for the guy to make the move, and reciprocation and all that. I also know that if he's shy he might not mind if I"m forward.

So I don't know if I'll wait to be asked out or ask him out - we'll see how next weekend goes.

I'm glad the consensus is that the kiss on the cheek (along with the other stuff) is a good sign. I've just had some disappointments lately in the dating universe - including my first post here about "the perfect date with Awesome Guy" where I got all the clues he was interested but hever heard from him again. So I think, who knows.

• Author

Still trying to read if this guy is interested or not.

So last night we had a show. I actually got a bad phone call from work right as we were all going out after the show and stood outside to take it. The guy comes out from the bar to check on me to see if I'm ok. That was nice.

Tonight I tried to flirt with the guy backstage. I'm very outgoing when in theatre crowds, but inside I"m insecure, I especially get all flustered around a guy once I like him - which usually makes me run away from him, not move closer!

Anyhow I told myself to feel confident and I just sat on the couch and talked/flirted with him. We talked and laughed a bit and when I told a bawdy joke (it is the theatre after all) I looked at him embarassed. Then he said, very sweetly, "its ok, don't worry" like somehow he could read how I felt.

AFter the show I was standing outside to talk to some friends and another cast member said the guy "was looking for me" (!)

The whole group was going out to get dessert. He got there quickly as he rides a bike, (it's a city) and I got there later as I have a car (it sucks to find ;parking). So when I arrived he was just leaving - with his brother and bro's gf who were visiting. I played it cool and went to the counter to buy my dessert and when I got to the table they were gone. They left to have dinner.

So...either he is interested and is shy, (he did mention thinking girls didn't like him when he was younger because hes a little short) or he considers me a friend, one of "the gang". I can't read it.

I got to bid farewell and good luck to all my castmates except him. (It was our final performance). I'd like to use this an excuse to email or text him that I didn't get to say good bye to him - and maybe offer to hang out sometime?

On the other hand, last time I txted a guy after our date I never heard back so I'm scared of being rejected again.

Is it normal nowadays for women to be forward like this? Would he think I"m creepy?

I would not like to be rejected again, but I also would like to take a chance as I really like him.

What does LS think? How interested does he sound? Should I send the message - perhaps later in the week?

THX

I got to bid farewell and good luck to all my castmates except him. (It was our final performance). I'd like to use this an excuse to email or text him that I didn't get to say good bye to him - and maybe offer to hang out sometime?

I have to say thats pretty smart.

Is it normal nowadays for women to be forward like this? Would he think I"m creepy?
As normal as women having college education nowadays.

I guess you just have to take your shot. Either way you arent going to see him again.

• Author

Thanks I think I'll go for it. I don't want to intimidate him so I guess I wait a few days and then ask him out for something casual. If he's not into me, no prob.

Could be he is? Only one way to find out.

Thanks I think I'll go for it. I don't want to intimidate him so I guess I wait a few days and then ask him out for something casual. If he's not into me, no prob.

Could be he is? Only one way to find out.

Look away and hit that 'send' button. :D

Feelin Frisky
I'm going to wait to see if there's a cast party...if not, then I will send the message. Wish me luck.

Good luck, chrysilis

• Author

OK LS - here's the latest episode on "Cuccoon's Mysterious Cheek Kiss"...

Had the cast party (so I never contacted him knowing we'd see each other). As we sat watching a video of our performance, I left a chair open next to me intentionally hoping he'd sit next to me. When he arrived, he did! We leaned into each other and laughed at the video. There were a few affectionate caresses.

Afterwards, a group of five of us decided to go dancing, which elvoled instead into a drive to a hilltop stop for view of the city, which later became a midnight wine and tea party at someone's apt.

Four of us were cozy on a couch and he and I were next to each other.

I emailed when I got home an apology to all who I couldn't give a ride home to. He responded and said never ever worry and wrote me a poetic line (he writes poetry) and ended it "see you soon".

Now the group had made tentative plans to have another party in a couple weeks but these things are never certain - could be what "see you soon" meant - or could be an opening for more?...

Still only minor clues, but quite a few good signs. Today his fb post has some more poetry he wrote, including a few lines about cupid and true love. Now I am probably hoping for too much here - but who knows could be about me?

Now I am aiming to go for it - the long awaited invitation to hang out. Time to get it out of the way. If he declines or ignores, may be awkward at the next party but I won't let it. I'll just be friendly and cool.

What do you think ls?

A xxxx (I wrote 'normal' but reconsidered) male, when confronted with enjoying a video next to an attractive lady, dancing with an attractive lady and viewing the city lights at night with an attractive lady, would have to be a eunuch, gay or insane not to do something positive, physical and romantic if there was even the slightest attraction. There's no smilie for me throwing my hands up in the air and going 'WTF??'.

Perhaps you'll get better perspective from others...

Edited by carhill
  • Author

OK! I wasn't clear = these were all GROUP ACTIVITIES. I was never alone with the guy. The video was in a small movie theatre on a screen. The dancing never happened. It was at all times five or more of us together at one time, and since we don't know each other that well, then it makes sense to me he wouldn't try something in front of them (when half are girls!~). Anyhow, I would def. agree with you if these had been one-on-one intimate activities.

WHICH IS WHY I AM TRYING TO GATHER THE COURAGE TO HIT 'SEND' ON AN INVITATION TO HANG OUT WITH HIM ALONE~!:p

It don't matter. If he's interested, you'll get the touch, the brush, the whisper, the stroke, even if there are people all around you. At minimum, you'll get the look; that one that says 'I want you'. It's unmistakable. Every woman I have ever known knows when a man looks at her that way and the inevitable, sometimes wanted, sometimes unwanted, happens shortly thereafter.

This sounds almost like my years of 'if I'm friendly enough with this woman she'll have to want to date me'. LOL, now *that* was insane :D

• Author

OMG just hit "send." ACK!

Thanks everyone - I knew you would help me gather the courage - now pray he feels the same, and if not, that he lets me down gently instead of avoiding me like the last guy!;)

• Author

and carhill, I did get a few brushs and strokes and there's some look in his eyes = let's hope it's what it seems to be and not just "I'm sitting here smiling at you because you're a funny ACTRESS but I like you as "A FRIEND"...

Like I said, I got all those clues from the last guy, who dis...a...ppeared....