I did a study to see the correlation between face length and success with women

kiske

A total of 106 males were in this study. All subjects were 20 or older. The subjects were divided into 4 groups.

A) Virgins (or males who ONLY had sex with prostitutes) (31 in this study)

B) Low success with women (29 in this study)

C) Moderate success with women (20 in this study)

D) High success with women (26 in this study)

The subjects faces were measured from hairline to bottom of chin. Here were the averages for each group:

Virgins: 7.79

Low success: 7.62

Moderate success: 7.33

High success: 7.09

The subjects also measured their facial thirds seperatly. The average lengths of the MIDDLE third (most important third) were as follows:

Virgins: 2.53

Low success: 2.42

Moderate success: 2.29

High success: 2.24

Finally the subjects width to length was calculated. This was done by getting a frontal pic of the subjects with the hairline showing then measuring on the computer. The width is taken from the widest point of the cheekbone area. The length obviously being from hairline to bottom of chin. Here were the averages (WIDTH FIRST):

Virgins: 1 : 1.52

Low success: 1 : 1.46

Moderate success: 1 : 1.40

High success: 1 : 1.38

The conclusion of the study is that there is a DIRECT correlation between face length and success with women. Note how each time there is a consistent 4,3,2,1 pattern. This study combined with the fact that evolution has lead to shorter skulls is further proof that shorter, more compact faces get STRONG priority over longer/narrow faces.

• Author
Is this only in men?

Now I will be looking at men with long faces to see if I find them attractive. lol

Yes the study only included males. Women tend not to have a problem regardless of face length (or any other facial problems).

Interesting, but you're not really getting at the best indicator of facial attractiveness. You're sort of dancing around it.

You'd find a more significant difference if you compared the distance between the eyes and the mouth to the distance between the pupils. The greater the ratio, generally the less conventionally attractive. Especially for women.

In other words, someone could theoretically have a long face that's well proportioned if their eyes are correspondingly farther apart.

Years ago, I recall some girls saying that they would look at a guy's head. If it was large they imagined a difficult birth and would avoid him.

A total of 106 males were in this study. All subjects were 20 or older. The subjects were divided into 4 groups.

A) Virgins (or males who ONLY had sex with prostitutes) (31 in this study)

B) Low success with women (29 in this study)

C) Moderate success with women (20 in this study)

D) High success with women (26 in this study)

The subjects faces were measured from hairline to bottom of chin. Here were the averages for each group:

Virgins: 7.79

Low success: 7.62

Moderate success: 7.33

High success: 7.09

The subjects also measured their facial thirds seperatly. The average lengths of the MIDDLE third (most important third) were as follows:

Virgins: 2.53

Low success: 2.42

Moderate success: 2.29

High success: 2.24

Finally the subjects width to length was calculated. This was done by getting a frontal pic of the subjects with the hairline showing then measuring on the computer. The width is taken from the widest point of the cheekbone area. The length obviously being from hairline to bottom of chin. Here were the averages (WIDTH FIRST):

Virgins: 1 : 1.52

Low success: 1 : 1.46

Moderate success: 1 : 1.40

High success: 1 : 1.38

The conclusion of the study is that there is a DIRECT correlation between face length and success with women. Note how each time there is a consistent 4,3,2,1 pattern. This study combined with the fact that evolution has lead to shorter skulls is further proof that shorter, more compact faces get STRONG priority over longer/narrow faces.

Just wanted to add that your width to length ratio comes close, but somebody could have a wide face and close-set eyes.

I agree about your final conclusion, though. If you compare humans to apes, the trend has been toward more neotenous, gracile looks.

• Author
Interesting, but you're not really getting at the best indicator of facial attractiveness. You're sort of dancing around it.

You'd find a more significant difference if you compared the distance between the eyes and the mouth to the distance between the pupils. The greater the ratio, generally the less conventionally attractive. Especially for women.

In other words, someone could theoretically have a long face that's well proportioned if their eyes are correspondingly farther apart.

Correct eyes that are close together, or a vertically long nose, are two VERY bad things to have. If one has both he is pretty much a perma-virgin.

Correct eyes that are close together, or a vertically long nose, are two VERY bad things to have. If one has both he is pretty much a perma-virgin.

Yeah, close set eyes are probably the biggest deal breaker a normal face could have. Shame because they're about the only thing you can't fix through plastic surgery.

A long nose is usually OK if the upper face is wide.

• Author
Yeah, close set eyes are probably the biggest deal breaker a normal face could have. Shame because they're about the only thing you can't fix through plastic surgery.

A long nose is usually OK if the upper face is wide.

Well there's Lefort III which can shorten that but they dont so that for cosmetc reasons only.

Well there's Lefort III which can shorten that but they dont so that for cosmetc reasons only.

Iirc, the Lefort III just tilts the midface up and forward and it doesn't address the interpupillary distance.

Edited by shadowplay
  • Author
Iirc, the Lefort III just tilts the midface up and forward and it doesn't address the interpupillary distance.

Well that would make the midface look shorter, no?

Anyway my midface is long and I also have a long maxilla...so the distance from the eyes to the mouth (a distance you mentioned earlier) is REEEEALLY long and is one of the main causes of my lack of success with women. (I have a looong list of other aesthetic problems too)

I plan on getting two jaw surgery in South Korea some day to shorten my maxilla...that should make my face look a bit shorter. But I have a loooong list of other procedures I need before that.

• Author

You edited this post after I replied. No it would not address the interpupillary distance. If a male has a very short interpupillary distance...he's pretty much doomed of a lifetime of virginity. All of the guys I know with short interpupillary distances are ALL virgins or have only had sex with hookers. So yeah you are right about the importance of interpupillary distance...a short interpupillary distance is a KISS OF DEATH if you are a male.

Well that would make the midface look shorter, no?

Anyway my midface is long and I also have a long maxilla...so the distance from the eyes to the mouth (a distance you mentioned earlier) is REEEEALLY long and is one of the main causes of my lack of success with women. (I have a looong list of other aesthetic problems too)

I plan on getting two jaw surgery in South Korea some day to shorten my maxilla...that should make my face look a bit shorter. But I have a loooong list of other procedures I need before that.

I used to advice people on PS, so this is kind of interesting to me.

You're right that moving the mid-face forward would make it look shorter, but it might also throw other things out of whack, depending on your face. That isn't an option because of the invasiveness of the surgery, anyway, so...

Is any of the distance between your lip-part and nose base because then a regular LeFort might minimize some of it? Do you have a recessive mandible as well?

I don't blame you for wanting the surgery. If you have the problem I mentioned and you're unhappy with your face it's a good investment. I've seem some remarkable results

Why not do the jaw surgeries first? It's usually better to change the underlying bone structure first so you're not just masking the main problem with implants or whatever.

Edited by shadowplay
  • Author
I used to advice people on PS, so this is kind of interesting to me.

You're right that moving the mid-face forward would make it look shorter, but it might also throw other things out of whack, depending on your face. That isn't an option because of the invasiveness of the surgery, anyway, so...

Is any of the distance between your lip-part and nose base because then a regular LeFort might minimize some of it?

I don't blame you for wanting the surgery. If you have the problem I mentioned and you're unhappy with your face it's a good investment. I've seem some remarkable results

Why not do the jaw surgeries first? It's usually better to change the underlying bone structure first so you're not just masking the main problem with implants or whatever.

Well the next surgery I am getting is going to be a brow lift with supraorbital ridge contouring. I have a really low brow and a "neanderthal" brow ridge. I am commonly told I look like a neanderthal or a caveman.

After that I am going to fix my eyes...my eyelids are really droopy (I need ptosis repair) and my canthal tilt is REALLY droopy. I might been a canthoplasty AND canthopexy. I want really big and uptilted eyes.

Well the next surgery I am getting is going to be a brow lift with supraorbital ridge contouring. I have a really low brow and a "neanderthal" brow ridge. I am commonly told I look like a neanderthal or a caveman.

After that I am going to fix my eyes...my eyelids are really droopy (I need ptosis repair) and my canthal tilt is REALLY droopy. I might been a canthoplasty AND canthopexy. I want really big and uptilted eyes.

That's crazy. You're going to ruin your face. You should strive for something normal, not exaggerated. Men tend to look ridiculous when they get anything too extreme done to their eyes. Having your canthal tilt raised so it's actually greater than average is about the worst thing you could do.

Brow lift is also dangerous for a guy unless it's done very conservatively.

Mind if I ask who your surgeon is?

• Author
That's crazy. You're going to ruin your face. You should strive for something normal, not exaggerated. Men tend to look ridiculous when they get anything too extreme done to their eyes. Having your canthal tilt raised so it's actually greater than average is about the worst thing you could do.

Brow lift is also dangerous for a guy unless it's done very conservatively.

Mind if I ask who your surgeon is?

I didnt pick a surgeon for this procedure yet. The only procedure I have had so far is a rhinoplasty. Do you have some contact info? I'll show you my pic and you tell me what you think I should get.

I didnt pick a surgeon for this procedure yet. The only procedure I have had so far is a rhinoplasty. Do you have some contact info? I'll show you my pic and you tell me what you think I should get.

I'd be happy to give you some free advice. Do you have the pm feature yet? If not, you could upload your pic to your album and make it viewable only to me by changing the preferences and adding me to your contacts.

Edited by shadowplay
  • Author
I'd be happy to give you some free advice. Do you have the pm feature yet? If not, you could upload your pic to your album and make it viewable only to me by changing the preferences and adding me to your contacts.

I dont have the PM feature on here. I dont see where the album option is on here.....

burning 4 revenge
If a male has a very short interpupillary distance...he's pretty much doomed of a lifetime of virginity. All of the guys I know with short interpupillary distances are ALL virgins or have only had sex with hookers. So yeah you are right about the importance of interpupillary distance...a short interpupillary distance is a KISS OF DEATH if you are a male.

:laugh::lmao:

I dont know why I find this paragraph hilarious

Check your e-mail.

I've seen your picture before on another board. You're handsome, Kiske. I mean that. I think you look like Nick Drake, who was really hot. Do you see the resemblance?

I don't think you *need* any surgery, but I won't say your face is absolutely perfect. It's hard to tell from just a frontal shot but the two areas that could possibly be improved are your upper lip and chin.

Ideally I would have your upper lip reduced and your chin lengthened and brought forward (genioplasty, implant?).

I can't tell if you'd need anything done with your jaw as a whole without seeing a side and/or oblique shot.

Btw, your eyes are gorgeous. PLEASE don't touch them. You will look so much worse.

Don't get your midface shortened because your face actually isn't too long. As I wrote earlier in the thread you have long eyes and a good distance between them, which balances out the length between your eyes and lip part.

You have the basics of a very attractive face. I wouldn't get anything more than what I wrote above (upper lip + chin/jaw). I'd like to see a side shot, though!