LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Spirituality & Religious Beliefs

God's Sovereignty or Human Free Will?

Spirituality & Religious Beliefs Contemplate your place and purpose in the universe.

Like Tree8Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2017, 2:30 PM   #31

Quote:
I would say this overlooking how we understand the brain works and the fact it has both conscious - and subconscious layers.
Yes. In addition, any scientist or practitioner worth their salt would reiterate that we probably (maybe) understand about 10% of anything about how the brain works. It's similar to the study of the oceans in that we have barely scratched the surface.

To speak authoritatively and absolutely about what the brain can or cannot do is to display one's ignorance.

If one looks at the Bible itself (whether you believe it or not), it tends to balance itself. Don't judge...but reprove each other. Sin is bad....but there is forgiveness and love. And my favorite: don't answer a fool according to his folly...answer a fool according to his folly

So I would posit that this is not an either/or equation. That there is a balance of free will and God's omniscience. For example, I knew my children very well. I knew how they would react or act in certain situations because I KNEW them. But I did not MAKE them react that way as if they were robots. yes, someone will argue nurture....but if you have ever actually HAD kids, you know that nurture is no guarantee of anything.
BC1980 likes this.
Closed Thread