LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

How can i make my butt bigger without gaining weight anywhere else?

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th September 2005, 3:43 PM   #1
funnygal

Question

MY butt has a nice shape, but I want to know how to make it bigger. If I try to gain weight how do I make it go to my butt and not somewhere else? The top half of my body is bigger than my bottom half. How can I make my body more proportionate?
Old 25th September 2005, 8:21 AM   #2
Established Member

Do full squats, not the half assed ones a lot of people do in gyms, and try deadlifts. Deadlifts will pump your bum up heehee.
ButtonPusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Established Member

Butt implants are faster.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 11:59 AM   #4
Established Member

A co-worker told me that a friend of hers buys J-Lo jeans cuz they have padding in the butt..cheaper than implants...she said the girl loves 'em cuz she feels more confident when she goes out 'cuz everyone thinks she has a great a**
nosybear819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 10:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukkha
Do full squats, not the half assed ones a lot of people do in gyms, and try deadlifts. Deadlifts will pump your bum up heehee.
I've got the same problem. Just lost a lot of weight and lost my hiney in the process. I understand full squats but please tell me what "deadlifts" are. I feel soooo ignorant.
Tiny Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 2:55 AM   #6

Butt

try some exercises for your butt
this is one exercise that you can try

You will need a solid chair or bench for this exercise. This is to increase the useful range of motion of the exercise, which is important for maximizing it's effects. You will also need to have something solid that you can grab onto. This can be a railing or a door frame or a pole, etc. Place the chair immediately in front of this solid object.

2. Stand on the chair on one leg facing the solid object and hold onto it at about waist level directly in front of you. Your heel should be close to the back edge of the chair.

3. Lower your body as far down as you can go into a one-legged squat. Your other leg will drop down below the level of the chair seat behind you. You should feel a great stretch in your glute. Make sure you continue to keep a firm grip on whatever you are holding on to.

4. Push yourself back up using your glute as much as possible. This is most easily accomplished by focusing on pushing with your heel. Also, you can stick your butt out while pushing back up to really maximize the effect.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 3:07 AM   #7

Thanks Bluefin. I'll try it!
Old 26th September 2005, 3:44 AM   #8

I have a perfect body - but if your upper body were to be too big, I'd recommend that you lift weights like dumbells...this will give you best results.
If you do exercises aimed at firming your butt, be aware that the side effect will be to make it smaller, even though it will be firmer...for now, focus on exercising your upper-body and let the fat naturally relocate to your bottom...
Old 26th September 2005, 9:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCaliGirl
...If you do exercises aimed at firming your butt, be aware that the side effect will be to make it smaller, even though it will be firmer...for now, focus on exercising your upper-body and let the fat naturally relocate to your bottom...
Thanks for the suggestion but, the thing is, I don't really have any fat to relocte (5'0", 103lbs, size 0-2 petite.) I think that a firmer hiney is probably what I have in mind anyway, as opposed to just a larger one. I don't want to change clothes sizes, just get back certain portions that havae errr, "slipped" away.
Old 27th September 2005, 6:44 AM   #10
Established Member

For deadlifts its best to ask a trainer to explain the movement. But heres a basic description.
Use a barbell (thats the long one), with a light to moderate weight. Bend at your knees and place your hands around the bar at shoulder width. Use your legs to lift the bar until you're in a standing position, then reverse the movement, bending your knees and touch the weight to the floor and then start again. Try to keep your back straight throughout the movement (if you curve your spine you will be likely to pull a muscle in your back or worse). Its a great exercise as it works a lot of muscles and will strengthen your back.
ButtonPusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 8:14 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygal
The top half of my body is bigger than my bottom half. How can I make my body more proportionate?
Personally, I have no problem with this shape. Sounds great to me

But a general programme of toning and exercise will downsize fat everywhere, and if it's mainly on your top half, that's where it will disappear the most.

For buttbuilding, the exercises recommended. And to failure in 12 reps or less.
Old 28th November 2005, 6:46 AM   #12
sunnyson

Squats

Since ur butt is made of muscles (gluteus maximus), then it makes sense to train those muscles to make them bigger, right?
And we see guys who do weights to gain bigger biceps.
Well it is the same idea here, but you do squats.
Even just the simple squats will gain results in a few days.
Just lean against a wall with your feet shoulder width apart in a squatting position, and remember - the lower you go, the more pressuer there is on the butt muscles.

I did two (day and night) for one minute each time, and in just days I could actually feel and tell teh difference when I wear my jeans.
Old 28th November 2005, 9:26 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
focus on exercising your upper-body and let the fat naturally relocate to your bottom...

Fat doesn't 'relocate'
Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2006, 11:00 PM   #14

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer
I've got the same problem. Just lost a lot of weight and lost my hiney in the process. I understand full squats but please tell me what "deadlifts" are. I feel soooo ignorant.
my butt is smaller than a boy's
Old 13th February 2006, 7:20 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
let the fat naturally relocate to your bottom...
Wow What do you think the fat did go on vacation now it needs to relocate back home?????

What you are trying to do is the same as what is known as spot reducing and it's a myth working out a particular area will not make it smaller or lose the fat.In your case you want to make an area bigger that you genetically won't be able to do.It's your genetic makeup that you have the butt you have so you won't get it bigger unless you get fatter but you will get fat in other areas also.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 16th February 2011 at 11:29 PM..
scobro is offline   Reply With Quote