no weight loss gym every day

I basically do cardio for an hour each day for 2 years...sometimes running a few miles, sometimes a cardio class. I also incorporate light weights and a few floor exercises to build muscle.

I do juicing to (the mean green recipe from the documentary fat, sick, and nearly dead)

For breakfast and lunch I juice with the exeption of some raw almonds.

For dinner I try to have protein heavy.

Im not losing weight though I stay active and change it up.

I just had thyroid tested and it seems normal.

By the medical charts I am still overweight and have some flabby areas.

I dont get what more I can do? Im nearing 40 do I just have to accept I wont ever be lean?

herself

read your own post

you do the same thing for two years

your body is only burning what it needs to

mix it up

do what you hate

add weights -- run longer -- stairs -- look up workouts of the day

yes -- no pain no gain

just don't go for the pain

go for the sore muscles - -then you see the gain

MIX IT UP!

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

Cardio for an hour+ a day is a waste of time, IMO...You would get more out of 20 minutes of more intense forms of training...

I see this mistake all the time...

Its as simple as this....If you arent really straining...then the gains(losses) will not be what you want...

I see people casually using a treadmill for hours...I can do better in 10 intense minutes running sprints uphill with a weighted vest..

Less time-more intensity...then you will get somewhere..Low impact aerobic activity, while better than laying on the couch- simply isnt as effective..

Good Luck

TFY

• Like 3

I've noticed that a lot of people who make those drastic diet changes don't get anywhere. They're either so stressed out from the monumental change their body holds onto the weight or they just can't take it and end up slipping a lot. I went to Rhode Island this weekend and lived off mostly Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds but walked a good 20 miles and was so busy I didn't stop to eat that often. Down a good 2-3 pounds on the scale when I got home last night.

Keep yourself busy all day and manage the portions. Works for me.

• Like 1
learning_slowly

Also a lot of juices are just the same as drinking something like cola. You need to look at your portion control.

• Author
Yes, probably. You are not serious about your calorie intake. Like many, self delusional. If you want to lose weight...drum roll...stop eating so much! You have to lose weight if you expend more calories than you consume..

No, not one cookie or piece of pizza...zero. Say no a few times and you have just avoided a pound of calories. But....nope...probably ' I'll just have one'. If so, just accept that you are doomed to be flabby.

Did you not read that I juice for breakfast and lunch and lean protein for dinnerM

dinner? Where did you read cookies or snacks? Just crazy rude.

• Author
Also a lot of juices are just the same as drinking something like cola. You need to look at your portion control.

This is the fresh pressed that I make at home from raw fruit and vegetable. Kale, celery, ginger, lemon, apple, cucumber

• Author
I've noticed that a lot of people who make those drastic diet changes don't get anywhere. They're either so stressed out from the monumental change their body holds onto the weight or they just can't take it and end up slipping a lot. I went to Rhode Island this weekend and lived off mostly Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds but walked a good 20 miles and was so busy I didn't stop to eat that often. Down a good 2-3 pounds on the scale when I got home last night.

Keep yourself busy all day and manage the portions. Works for me.

I stand all day at work, no donuts, snacks (beyond raw almonds)

Do you know how many calories you're consuming when you juice?

Even though juicing is nutritious and definitely has health benefits, you may still be consuming more calories than you are burning.

Google HIIT cardio. It'll have you in and out of the gym in less time, and you'll be burning more calories and raising your metabolism.

First thing would be to verify how many calories are going into your juices.

You might not be eating enough so your body is hanging onto every calorie. You have to count calories first to know what is going on. If you need to eat more or less.

I agree with the earlier poster who said to do high intensity running. All you would need is fifteen minutes of alternating fast and slow. Steady state cardio isn't great for losing weight. So less cardio and more weights.

You might want to buy this new book for runners.

Edited by FitChick
  • Like 1
  • Author
Do you know how many calories you're consuming when you juice?

Even though juicing is nutritious and definitely has health benefits, you may still be consuming more calories than you are burning.

Google HIIT cardio. It'll have you in and out of the gym in less time, and you'll be burning more calories and raising your metabolism.

First thing would be to verify how many calories are going into your juices.

I guess I was under the impression that since I wasn't eating simple carbs, processed sugar, and processed fats, plus healthy dinners and intense workouts that I didn't need to count calories. I thought if anything after the workouts I actually was way under the calorie intake since I wasn't eating cheeseburger and cake and do consistent workouts.

I guess I was under the impression that since I wasn't eating simple carbs, processed sugar, and processed fats, plus healthy dinners and intense workouts that I didn't need to count calories. I thought if anything after the workouts I actually was way under the calorie intake since I wasn't eating cheeseburger and cake and do consistent workouts.

Definitely need to count calories, at least to start with. Once you've got yourself into a routine of the things you eat, and you know how many calories those things are, and you know that they are the right amount of calories for what you are doing, you won't need to count anymore.

I don't count anymore. I know what goes in, and I know what I'm expending.

You could be eating too many calories, or alternately, as mentioned by another poster, you could be eating too few calories and forcing your body into "starvation mode", where it's going to hold onto fat as if it's life depends on it.

I know that in order to get a full serving a juice, several whole veggies or fruits have to go into the juicer. It's a lot of produce all at once in order to get a glass of juice. That can add on the calories quickly, depending on what types of produce are going into the juicer.

• Like 2
  • Author
You might not be eating enough so your body is hanging onto every calorie. You have to count calories first to know what is going on. If you need to eat more or less.

I agree with the earlier poster who said to do high intensity running. All you would need is fifteen minutes of alternating fast and slow. Steady state cardio isn't great for losing weight. So less cardio and more weights.

You might want to buy this new book for runners.

This makes alot of sense. On treadmill I do a mix of running and walking uphill. I thought to lose an hour was mandatory per day in cardio PLUS weights.

I always tried balance...I hate calorie counting and diets, Im so busy I dont want to count anything. I drag myself to the gym as Im tired but know it will help me so I force myself.

Never dreamed, as long ad it was hard...that I could be doing it wrong.

As I said, my workouts actially hurt afterwards. I struggle to get up and down steps and into bed and frequently take epsom salt baths for aching muscles.

This makes alot of sense. On treadmill I do a mix of running and walking uphill. I thought to lose an hour was mandatory per day in cardio PLUS weights.

I always tried balance...I hate calorie counting and diets, Im so busy I dont want to count anything. I drag myself to the gym as Im tired but know it will help me so I force myself.

As I said, my workouts actially hurt afterwards. I struggle to get up and down steps and into bed and frequently take epsom salt baths for aching muscles.

An hour is way overboard. Unless you're training for some type of endurance event, there's no reason to be doing cardio for an hour.

My cardio and weights COMBINED has me in and out of the gym in about 45 minutes.

• Like 4
Yes, probably. You are not serious about your calorie intake. Like many, self delusional. If you want to lose weight...drum roll...stop eating so much! You have to lose weight if you expend more calories than you consume..

No, not one cookie or piece of pizza...zero. Say no a few times and you have just avoided a pound of calories. But....nope...probably ' I'll just have one'. If so, just accept that you are doomed to be flabby.

You think she is eating too much...??

I think you're doing this totally wrong...

Judging by your work outs - you should be eating a lot of calories per day. 1 hours of running and walking uphill has to be a few hundreds calories burned right there...

I would suggest you do more weight training and less cardio. One hour everyday is counterproductive.

See a sports nutritionist - if you can't afford it, look at sites like Eat to Perform.

And for heaven's sake get a personal trainer who will build you a good work out program...

An hour is way overboard. Unless you're training for some type of endurance event, there's no reason to be doing cardio for an hour.

My cardio and weights COMBINED has me in and out of the gym in about 45 minutes.

I did Crossfit for a while. 30 minutes max / 4 times a week. Lost 15 pounds without even watching what I eat...

• Like 1
deathandtaxes
You think she is eating too much...??

Juice twice a day and some protein for dinner? I'd say she's not eating nearly enough - just starving herself.

That diet sounds out of balance, anyways. Too much sugar in the juice, hardly any complex carbs. No fat? Yikes!

• Like 2
I did Crossfit for a while. 30 minutes max / 4 times a week. Lost 15 pounds without even watching what I eat...

But how much time did you spend talking to everyone about Crossfit?

• Like 2

My guess is that you are probably skinny fat too, personally I think your workout regime is terrible. I think you would benefit from reading this:

T Nation | 10 Mistakes Women Make in the Gym

• Like 1

Do you know how many calories are in almonds!!!

I saw a TV programme once about people who could not lose weight, despite dieting. One guy ate only oranges but couldn't lose weight. Oranges are healthy right, how could he not lose weight? Because he was eating like 100 of them a day. Do you know how many calories are in 100 oranges? Hint: lots.

Have you ever heard of "rabbit starvation"?

Well what I'm trying to say is that you need a healthy, balanced diet. Latching onto one thing that seems healthy and going OTT on that one thing, is NOT good for you. You need to stop the stupid fad diets and draw up a healthy, balanced, calorie-controlled eating plan.

• Like 1
Emilia, since you are quoting TNATION, I know you actually want to say; start using the prowler but you scared to ;)

Haha I had to look it up but yes, I have thought about it on occasion.

• Author
My guess is that you are probably skinny fat too, personally I think your workout regime is terrible. I think you would benefit from reading this:

T Nation | 10 Mistakes Women Make in the Gym

Im not sure why the offensive posts. SO many people I know eat whatever they want or crave and dont go to the gym and yet I go daily and do juicing to help cleanse the body and get the vitamins from vegetables and fruits right to the bloodstream.

I am not on ANY diet and I came here to run my workout by you guys to get some good feedback. I would never expect to hear what Im doing is horrible, terrible, Im on a fad diet, Im starving myself.

I came to get educated not insulted? Im not on Slim Fast or drug store diet pills? Im just trying to do what I know and was just asking for help.

Some of the insults really are surprising...if I had claimed to be the expert I wpuldnt have asked for help. Thanks for those of you who had given me some good pointers.