What is your blood pressure

By eating mostly natural foods [free of salt] and exercising, I have dropped my blood pressure from about 140/90, to 120/73. So at 55 my bp is lower than it was when I was in my twenties! Woohoo!!!!

You really can do it.

The most important number is the diastolic, or lower value. To the best of my recollection, I have never been much under 80 before.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

i am overweight my blood pressure is 130 /80 which is apparently really good...if anything i go low blood pressure.....catatonic

I'm low...like 90/60 or something

or in other words...almost dead...

the highest I've ever been was 116/69 because I was anxious...

• Author

My mother was like that. I wonder what makes some people naturally so low compared to others. I guess it could be due to relatively large veins and arteries, or perhaps due to naturally lower pressure from the heart.

My mother was like that. I wonder what makes some people naturally so low compared to others. I guess it could be due to relatively large veins and arteries, or perhaps due to naturally lower pressure from the heart.

It's not good whatever it's from. Sometimes I get light-headed and see big spots where it's like I looked into a lightbulb but didn't.

But that's usually because I've been working outside or something. Drinking water makes it better as strange as that sounds.

• Like 3

This is me too. I eat crap and always have. (Not actually crap), but anything. I don`t really exercise unless it`s partnership killer pool.

• Like 2
It's not good whatever it's from. Sometimes I get light-headed and see big spots where it's like I looked into a lightbulb but didn't.

But that's usually because I've been working outside or something. Drinking water makes it better as strange as that sounds.

Not strange at all, you're upping your blood volume. I run about like you, anywhere from 90/60 to 120/70. My dad is 91, and his still runs that low. I rarely have a problem with the orthostatics, but he does. And we can't get him to drink enough water (or anything, for that matter).

• Like 6
This is me too. I eat crap and always have. (Not actually crap), but anything. I don`t really exercise unless it`s partnership killer pool.

This is exactly my diet and exercise regimen. I can't actually say that I eat crap because I try to eat well but I eat way too much mayonnaise and butter and eggs every day and tons of sugar and caffeine.

Okay...maybe that is crap diet. And I exercised one day this summer...I had to ride my bike because my car was in for a service and I rode 12 miles in one day!

We may be getting a pool table off Craigslist. There are some on there for free. All you have to do is pick it up!! :bunny:

****, i like you. 12 miles on a bike!!!!!!!!! I like you more now. You appear to eat the same as me........Exercise for one day is all you need,.

This is exactly my diet and exercise regimen. I can't actually say that I eat crap because I try to eat well but I eat way too much mayonnaise and butter and eggs every day and tons of sugar and caffeine.

Okay...maybe that is crap diet. And I exercised one day this summer...I had to ride my bike because my car was in for a service and I rode 12 miles in one day!

We may be getting a pool table off Craigslist. There are some on there for free. All you have to do is pick it up!! :bunny:

• Like 1

Wow your BP is low. I used to have low BP and would be a bit lightheaded on occasions but not as low as that. I am sure you feel better if you drink water as it will increase your blood volume. Try adding in some sea salt to your water and take some licorice (the quality stuff not the cheap supermarket stuff)

Cant remember my BP but it was good..in terms of normal.

• Like 1

Mine is usually slightly low, at 100/70 or thereabouts. I get giddy sometimes when I stand up too quickly. :/ Apparently there's nothing much I can do about it and no real cause for concern, but it does get annoying. I keep myself very well hydrated most of the time, too.

• Like 1
  • Author
105/68, but that requires healthy eating and intense cardio every day. Proper weight and diet are the other important factors.

What was your highest bp?

Mine is like that too, sometimes lower even. They all say it's great, but it doesn't sound right IMO.

thefooloftheyear

I dont remember what my last reading was, but I am always marginally on the high side...Regular docs get all nervous and want me to lose weight(I am heavily muscled), I had concerns-but it never really bothered me..

Over the last few years, I have been seeing this great cardiac MD..He is an old timer and very knowledgeable..He says the BP I run is fine...I have had all tests and have no form of heart/coronary dysfunction..He stated that quite a lot of the BP meds are over prescribed..

TFY

• Like 1

Last time I checked (about a year ago) it was 117/80 - which I was assured by the doctor is normal.

Last time I checked (about a year ago) it was 117/80

Mine is 118/81. Superior to yours by 1. I would die if mine was only 117/80. I certainly wouldn't be posting about it anyway.

• Like 4