LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

How do men see single women who go to bars alone?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2017, 9:20 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by translucentsoul View Post
[...]
To paint all women or men in any bar, anywhere is incredibly simple and thoughtless.
And similarly not all bars are created equal, and will attract different crowds for different purposes at different times of the day. My neighborhood wine bar is just a place to meet neighbors, really nothing much more. I know a bunch of dive bars that are very similar in that regard.

Now the bar of a hotel attached to a convention center late at night is a different question.
Old 5th November 2017, 1:27 PM   #17
Established Member

I think most women see the practical side of it....Bars can be frequented by undesirables, drunks, losers, whatever...A woman alone could be an easy target late at night if she's all alone....I'd certainly hope any woman I know would have more sense in her head...

I do know that maybe some women would go to a bar alone because they know someone in a band playing there, a bartender, a bouncer, whatever...That's different..She has people there who would be concerned with her welfare..

TFY
basil67 likes this.
Old 5th November 2017, 2:21 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefooloftheyear View Post
.Bars can be frequented by undesirables, drunks, losers, whatever
can be?? the are
Old 5th November 2017, 3:23 PM   #19
Established Member

Hey hey
Old 5th November 2017, 3:44 PM   #20
Established Member

I met a woman at a bar who was by herself. Pumped a couple of drinks in her then we went to her car and had sex. And she was pretty good looking. Fun time for me.
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 5:01 PM   #21
Established Member

It varies by man.

See this thread. The subject has been hashed out here: Going to a bar alone to meet guys

My opinion is that it depends on a lot of factors: the woman, the man, the bar, & everyone's attitude.

If you are a woman & want to go to a bar alone, go. Be safe & smart but go. If you are man & think that's a terrible thing, don't talk to the woman. Live & let live.
alphamale and SolG like this.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2017, 12:33 PM   #22
Established Member

I don't have a tv at home, so I'll go to a bar to watch the game(s) and enjoy a drink and apps. I talk to everyone at the bar, and we all have a fun time, but that's it. F*** what anyone else thinks.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2017, 12:52 PM   #23
Established Member

I am married... (So not single) and I will occasionally go to bars alone.

Either an upscale cocktail lounge, or a craft beer bar.

Usually I am waiting on someone, or killing some time before meeting people somewhere else, now and then an after work drink.

I enjoy conversation and meeting strangers (so I rather go out than drink at home alone as suggested).

I would say I get approached in some manner the vast majority of the time. Usually a man will ask to sit next to me and attempt to start a conversation. Sometimes it will be more direct, and they will offer to buy me a drink or try to exchange numbers.

I am an approachable person, I am far from shy. I make eye contact. I smile freely, I am open to conversation.

As for what do men think about a woman out alone? I don't know, and lucky for me don't care
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2017, 1:46 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentChange View Post
I am married... (So not single) and I will occasionally go to bars alone.

Either an upscale cocktail lounge, or a craft beer bar.

Usually I am waiting on someone, or killing some time before meeting people somewhere else, now and then an after work drink.

I enjoy conversation and meeting strangers (so I rather go out than drink at home alone as suggested).

I would say I get approached in some manner the vast majority of the time. Usually a man will ask to sit next to me and attempt to start a conversation. Sometimes it will be more direct, and they will offer to buy me a drink or try to exchange numbers.

I am an approachable person, I am far from shy. I make eye contact. I smile freely, I am open to conversation.

As for what do men think about a woman out alone? I don't know, and lucky for me don't care
so basically you just tease them?
jay1983 likes this.
Old 6th November 2017, 1:57 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
so basically you just tease them?
I wear a wedding ring and mention my husband repeatedly. If they want to keep chatting that's up to them. I like conversation - not my fault that many men seem to think conversation = interest.
Old 6th November 2017, 2:11 PM   #26
Established Member

I'll mention that I've noticed a difference between the 5-8 and the after 8 pm crowd, with the earlier crowd being more likely being working people who seem genuine and the ladder a little more shady.
jay1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2017, 2:19 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentChange View Post
I like conversation - not my fault that many men seem to think conversation = interest.
but conversation does equal interest
Old 6th November 2017, 2:49 PM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
I agree.... But in my experience many men do not! We will go from talking about business, or something else mundane to "let me buy you a drink" and "let me get your number".
Old 7th November 2017, 11:58 PM   #29
Established Member

I personally see it as unsafe for anyone man or woman, to go to a bar alone.
JustGettingBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 12:31 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
Depends on the definition of "interest"! Technically you're right, but interest in a good conversation is different to interest in hooking up with someone. RecentChange I assume you meant the latter when most of your experience is the former. I'm glad people go out with that intention only and that's the way it works out!
snowboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote