Alright guys, so lately I've been reading a lot about the 12 signs of the Zodiac and I'm finding it quite impressive how accurate it is when it comes down to relationships, at least.

I'm new on this forums so I'm not sure where this post should go or if it's allowed so ask such thing, but I would like to know what your sign is and your partner's sign, as well as how long you've been together and if you usually go on well or not. This is just out of curiosity, as I'm really curious to know about other couples. So far, I've talked to some friends and it's really amazing how it seems to be pretty accurate, so I'd like to know more.

If you don't know your sign, you can say your bday date and your partners. :)

• Like 1
Snakechammah

Get ready for the naysayers to throw "That's bull****" bricks our way... lol

I believe in astrology too (not just called zodiac). If you study astro in depth, you'll realize Sun signs (those 'zodiac' you read about in the Horoscope sections of newspaper) are just tip of the iceberg.

In real astrology, there are many layers to a human psyche. That's why you don't find two Aries the same. Because besides their SUN sign, their other signs (moon, venus) are different therefore, they act differently even in similar circumstances.

For example, here's a short list of what planet governs what:

Sun - ambition, overall demeanour

Moon - your emotions

Mercury - the way you walk and talk

Mars - the way you fight/argue, and sexual style

Venus - the way you love, how you behave when you're in love

Neptune - your imagination

Ascendant -the way you look/ physical body

Pluto & Saturn - not quite sure about these ones, mostly generational

So depending on which SIGNS (Aries,Pisces,Cancer, etc) falls into each planet, it makes up for a person's behaviour. For example, Cancer is a water 'soft' planet, if a person's Mars is in Cancer, their arguments will be teary, dramatic and very emotional... as compared to a person whose Mars is in Aries. Aries is a sign of confrontation, anger, fire and outburst (maybe even violence) so a person whose Mars is in Aries will react that way once antagonized (even if both their SUN signs are the same).

It's a very insightful and accurate subject if you learn the correct aspects of it, it's not just "horoscope" you read in the newspaper. You can't make assumptions of ALL Capricorns behave this way or that way. It doesnt work like that. People are individual and ALL those planets have a part to play not just the Sun sign.

For love, to gauge someone's level of commitment, interest, sexual compatibility, emotional compatibilty, you can always get a proper and professional synastry/composite report on your relationship. Those reports are truly a gem of knowledge.

For example: If there is an aspect that shows "Mars square Pluto"... this signify the relationship will be abusive. Mars is anger and violence, and when 'SQUARE' (A negative aspect) wth a planet of obsession (Pluto), it generates a relationship that manifest in physical violence. I bet all those domestic abuse cases have these aspects (that probably no one knows about) So if you get into a new relationship and see this aspect in your report, ruuuuuun for your life.

Things like these are telling...yet because not many people are knowledgeable or believe in such 'hogwash', these warnings go unnoticed. If you want to know more, you can always PM me. I can give you a free reading if you want :)

• Like 5

I recently got into the zodiac myself. People are just used to the generalizations for most zodiacs wich are not all that clear.

If you actually go get a chart you can see how accurate they are.

I'm a non-believer of most things, but this is so accurate i'm giving it the time of day for about a year now.

And yes they are accurate about my past relationships and friends, and what our problems were and why we broke up, so i don't consider it bull at all, it's still not something you should fly by :p. It can happen despite what it says, but it's a good way of finding stuff about about people that is ussually true to their sign.

I'm a Pisces ^^.

About my chart, useless info for others.Rising Sign is in 29 Degrees Pisces

This is why i am curently over-depressed and why i have been for most of my life, i mean a big part of it.

Very sensitive to your surroundings, other people's feelings become your feelings. Try to avoid negative people because your tendency to empathize with them will make you negative also. An idealist, you must believe in something beyond your normal everyday existence. A dreamer, you like to escape to a world of your own creation. As such, you are known for the vividness of your imagination and should try to share your inner visions with others. Very self-sacrificial by nature, beware of others becoming overly dependent on you or vice versa. Allow yourself to live for yourself once in a while -- you deserve it. Don't be so envious of those who are more aggressive than you -- your gentle charity and true humility are indeed wonderful gifts. on the tenth house cusp (MIDHEAVEN).

Sun is in 04 Degrees Pisces.

Extremely sensitive and emotional, you absorb the emotions of others (whether positive or negative) like a sponge. Emotionally vulnerable, you are easily upset and tend to cry readily. You are at your best when you can structure your environment in such a way that you are surrounded by positive, upbeat people. You are very helpful and understanding of the needs of others. Indeed, at times this can be a disadvantage, because you can be a sucker for anyone who needs help. Shy, dreamy, romantic in nature, you delight in retreating into your private fantasy world. Just be careful that you do not get lost in it! Trust your intuitions -- you may be quite psychic

I throw a sissy-fit like a kid, stubborn.

Very freedom-oriented, you must always be able to do what you wish, no matter what. You become stubborn and recalcitrant when others try to force you into a mold.

Blabla most of my chart is capricorn with some aqua thrown in, wich is why i work so hard and got like 2 promotions in 4 month's.(2nd is not yet sure xD, but offered)

SO YES i berieve in zodiac, no point in posting a partner's i'm alone right now.

• Like 2
  • Author

Snakechammah, english is not my first language, that's why I said Zodiac 'cause I'm not quite sure which term I should use. hahaha

But yeah, I've been reading a lot about all the aspects involved and I know that the sun sign is pretty much just the essence of the person. There's much more behind it, but since it would be impossible to ask that to everyone here, I mean, their bday dates + time they were born (and their partners), I was going for the sun signs of each one just to have an idea of what it goes like; after all, even though it's not all about your main sign, it does play a big role. And I sure will PM you! (I mean, I would if I knew how to. hahaha... if you can, please send me a short message and I'll get back to you, I can't find where to PM, like I said I'm new here so maybe it's going unnoticed)

Xiang, I also didn't believe it too much until I start reading more about it and it's really impressive how you can spot the similarities about a certain person after you get to know them and read their charts. Now I'm kinda addicted to it, especially 'cause I recently started to date and I'm trying to figure out what's up with my partner - according to the Astrology, we're probably not going very far, unfortunately. But I like him and he likes me, so I really don't want to throw it all away because the signs pretty much told me to do so.

Thank you for your responses! :D

Edited by Haerts
  • Like 1

They are ussually right but it's not accurate and by no means something to go BY as i stated before.

If you feel you can make it work despite what the zodiac says, by all means try it.

If anything you have the advatanges of knowing what problems arise in your relationship and try to get over them.

Don't get too absorbed in the zodiac :), don't let it dictate your actions.

Let me make it clear, the zodiac can only tell you how a certain person acts/behaves, generalizations about his sign based on birth. (wich surprisingly is accurate).

But because we are humans and there are a lot of stuff going on cuz of our different personalities, it CAN'T predict how relationships go.

IDC WHAT THEY SAY.

All it does is logical comparisosn on how a shy person can't get along with a extrovert for example, and it does the same for the signs. That guy can't fit with that guy cuz of blabla, but it's not really like that.

I've seen couples work out perfectly that the zodiac would of pushed away based on it's thinking, and viceversa.

Just use the zodiac to get to know how a person thinks/behaves, don't use it for anything else, my opinion.

• Like 1
Snakechammah

Haerts, I think you probably need more 'posts' before you can send PM to people. So maybe if you hang around more and contribute to other threads, you'll reach PM status in no time!

A new relationship is all so exciting isn't it? I really love it when there is a new guy in my radar and once I get his birth details, I'm like a kid in candy store! :love: I do a report for each and every guy who expresses interest in me LOL and I stand by the report. If it sucks donkey nuts, then no matter how hot the guy is, I will not start anything with them. The reports make or break a connection.

I love that - FINALLY!! - I have been waiting for a loooong time to find a network of astro-knowlegeable folks in Loveshack in order to have some insightful discussion about synastry aspects. THANK YOU for being here, both of you!!

Xiang, if you're single and looking, why don't you get a horary reading instead? You can ask a horarist specific questions "When or where will I find my future husband/wife?" and they can cast a chart for you. Depending on the horarist, it can be scarily accurate. But sometimes, do know that truth trumps all... if you can't handle the possibility that you may not find him/her (or that you're destined to be single), then please brace yourself for the ultimate truth. The stars don't lie or sugarcoat - the reading will give you the result for the next 3 months - whether it's good or butt news.

Horary reading takes a specilized skill so it is definitely more expensive. About US$60 a question. I've done them numerous times (not the future husband query lol, other stuff lol) and it always proves to be downright accurate.

Also, for singles, you can also get a vedic love report. From your natal chart, the astrologist can make a prediction where and when, and who your future spouse would be. The astrologist can also go deeper and tell you the direction of the spouse's birthplace (in regards to your hometown), whether it's a foreigner/local, where you could possibly meet, the characteristics of the person, the person's possible occupation, physical appearance (short, stout, fair, dark, etc) and if you are destined for multiple marriages. I had mine done by several astrologists and they all said the same thing! These info is derived from your natal chart. But this is from a vedic (Indian astrology) perspective.

If you have any astrology questions, feel free to ask! :bunny: Thank you for being open-minded.

Snakechammah
They are ussually right but it's not accurate and by no means something to go BY as i stated before.

If you feel you can make it work despite what the zodiac says, by all means try it.

If anything you have the advatanges of knowing what problems arise in your relationship and try to get over them.

Don't get too absorbed in the zodiac :), don't let it dictate your actions.

Let me make it clear, the zodiac can only tell you how a certain person acts/behaves, generalizations about his sign based on birth. (wich surprisingly is accurate).

But because we are humans and there are a lot of stuff going on cuz of our different personalities, it CAN'T predict how relationships go.

IDC WHAT THEY SAY.

All it does is logical comparisosn on how a shy person can't get along with a extrovert for example, and it does the same for the signs. That guy can't fit with that guy cuz of blabla, but it's not really like that.

I've seen couples work out perfectly that the zodiac would of pushed away based on it's thinking, and viceversa.

Just use the zodiac to get to know how a person thinks/behaves, don't use it for anything else, my opinion.

I do let it dictate my future relationships... why? Because in my life experience, astrology has never failed me, unlike humans. Everyone has a right to choose whatever rules they float by, and mine happens to be stars-endorsed.

The reason some couples "make it in the long run" despite lousy synastry is because their composite chart has a lot of Saturn aspects. Saturn is the glue to a relationship. No Saturn, no matter how awesome the synastry is, that relationship won't last. And having Saturn in the chart does not guarantee HAPPINESS. It just means longevity and commitment. A terrible unhappy relationship can have Saturn, and that just means there is no end to the relationship and both partners suffer till the end of time.

For 'excitement', there must be some URANUS aspects in the chart. Uranus creats buzz and "chemistry" but then again Uranus is the planet of unpredictablity. Too much of it can make a relationship go down the drain SUPER FAST. Just like how the beginning exploded is how it will end. This is the reason why people say "sometimes chemistry don't last". It doesnt equate longevity because you need Saturn for that.

So in order for a relationship to be 'right', it has to have a balance of all these aspects. Mutual understanding (moon + sun/venus), sexual whambam (Mars/venus, venus/pluto, etc), longetivity (saturn/mars, saturn/sun), communication (venus/mercury, moon/mercury) and stuff like that.

Granted, every relationship is UNIQUE. Every couple has a different energy. I love discovering each possibility, but if the report shows Guy A is not right for me (in things that matter to me, like say, commitment), to me, there is no point to pursue the relationship. There are other fishes in the sea and other reports to explore!

But of course, when people are in love, nobody listens to reasons, lol. Including me.

There's so far i believe about the zodiac, and you crossed it.

It's just not tangible, it must be explained to me, some proof, i can't just go with it like that.

I won't go into detail and compare why i believe some of it but not all.

But this horary thing...telling me who and if i ever meet someone >_>. I can give 1$ to a gipsy and he will tell me the same, probably.

I actually mean no offence with my remark, but i just can't believe any of that :).

In case you wonder, i'm not a man of god either.

EDIT:

Can i send you a chart result and tell me what you think? Or how you interpret it?

A relationship chart based on me and my X, was supposed to be good ^^, maybe i didn't read it right.

• Author

Aw haha, alright, might as well start posting more then!

Anyway, I'm a cancerian and the day I met him, one of the first things I asked him was his sign and he said "Sagittarius". I swear to you that I almost ran away, because the last guy I really liked was a sagittarian and as far as I had read regarding his sign and mine, we aren't compatible at all - and we really weren't, he made me really sad. But this current sag was so sweet, things went so great the first day that I thought I should give it a chance and look, now we're dating and he's my first boyfriend. He's also -almost- the complete opposite of the other guy, even though their solar signs are the same! Not to mention I've been with guys whose solar signs were supposed to match greatly with mine but it really didn't. Then again, I'm aware that I should not base things off the sun signs only.

With that said, I really go along the lines of what Xiang said: I use the astrology to see how one acts and reacts, but I don't really want to run away from someone without a "true reason", you know, 'cause I will always think of what could've been. As much as I believe in astrology, I'd rather just risk it, even though that may mean that I'll get hurt in the future. I've just recently started to really look deep down all the signs/planets and everything so maybe with more life experiences I'll change my mind, who knows! hahaha

Really loving this convo. I wish more people would join us. If I could I'd spend days just reading how couples do based on their charts!

• Like 1
Snakechammah
There's so far i believe about the zodiac, and you crossed it.

It's just not tangible, it must be explained to me, some proof, i can't just go with it like that.

I won't go into detail and compare why i believe some of it but not all.

But this horary thing...telling me who and if i ever meet someone >_>. I can give 1$ to a gipsy and he will tell me the same, probably.

I actually mean no offence with my remark, but i just can't believe any of that :).

In case you wonder, i'm not a man of god either.

EDIT:

Can i send you a chart result and tell me what you think? Or how you interpret it?

A relationship chart based on me and my X, was supposed to be good ^^, maybe i didn't read it right.

Well a psychic and gypsy is very different from a horarist. So ironic that you believe so much in natal chart and brush off the rest.

Horary is not 'pluck out of thin air' bullcrap. It is a proper chart done by a trained horarist. But it's not my role to convince anyone who don't give a toss about in-depth astrology. It's a special tool I am glad I am aware of because it has helped strengthened my spiritual side and at least I know what's to come in my life (some parts of it). That in itself, makes me emotionally accepting of my past, present, and future.

To each is their own, of course.

I only "believe" in the natal chart to some extent and that's because i have tangible experiences with it as opposed to the other things and regarding relationships. But yeah to each their own :p, still i am showing enough interest, considering i asked for your opinion.

But i take it as a no? Regarding my request.

Snakechammah
I only "believe" in the natal chart to some extent and that's because i have tangible experiences with it as opposed to the other things and regarding relationships. But yeah to each their own :p, still i am showing enough interest, considering i asked for your opinion.

But i take it as a no? Regarding my request.

If your remark about horary wasn't so condescending, I would have considered it. I shall pass for now.

All the best for your chart analysis. There are astro forums for that. Just make sure you don't 'dismiss' advice/suggestions pompously, and they'll be happy to help.

Snakechammah
All my Gf have been Gemini's apart from 2 and they were disasters.

(piano plays in an empty room....)

I'm sure it's because it wasn't meant to be, and not because of their Sun signs, lol.

You must be a magnet for talkative ladies!

• Like 2
If your remark about horary wasn't so condescending, I would have considered it. I shall pass for now.

All the best for your chart analysis. There are astro forums for that. Just make sure you don't 'dismiss' advice/suggestions pompously, and they'll be happy to help.

Guess i can't be direct and straighforward about what i think, i need to sugarcoat stuff, not my thing.

I just wanted your opinion, oh well whatever, thanks.

• Author

Aw, sad to hear. haha

And your sign, what is it?

It seems like I drag a lot of attention from sagittarians, scorpios and taurus, as 90% of the guys I've been with are from these signs. Funny thing is scorpios and taurus should be good matches for me, except for some reason I can't get attached to taurus (they usually fall in love with me very quickly, it's impressive!) and the scorpios I've been with always treated me like sh't at the beggining and when I decided to run away, they would come back for more, but I was long gone then.

Geminis are my kryptonite.

I know they are going to destroy me, but I just can't stay away . . .

• Like 1
Get ready for the naysayers to throw "That's bull****" bricks our way... lol

I believe in astrology too (not just called zodiac). If you study astro in depth, you'll realize Sun signs (those 'zodiac' you read about in the Horoscope sections of newspaper) are just tip of the iceberg.

In real astrology, there are many layers to a human psyche. That's why you don't find two Aries the same. Because besides their SUN sign, their other signs (moon, venus) are different therefore, they act differently even in similar circumstances.

For example, here's a short list of what planet governs what:

Sun - ambition, overall demeanour

Moon - your emotions

Mercury - the way you walk and talk

Mars - the way you fight/argue, and sexual style

Venus - the way you love, how you behave when you're in love

Neptune - your imagination

Ascendant -the way you look/ physical body

Pluto & Saturn - not quite sure about these ones, mostly generational

So depending on which SIGNS (Aries,Pisces,Cancer, etc) falls into each planet, it makes up for a person's behaviour. For example, Cancer is a water 'soft' planet, if a person's Mars is in Cancer, their arguments will be teary, dramatic and very emotional... as compared to a person whose Mars is in Aries. Aries is a sign of confrontation, anger, fire and outburst (maybe even violence) so a person whose Mars is in Aries will react that way once antagonized (even if both their SUN signs are the same).

It's a very insightful and accurate subject if you learn the correct aspects of it, it's not just "horoscope" you read in the newspaper. You can't make assumptions of ALL Capricorns behave this way or that way. It doesnt work like that. People are individual and ALL those planets have a part to play not just the Sun sign.

For love, to gauge someone's level of commitment, interest, sexual compatibility, emotional compatibilty, you can always get a proper and professional synastry/composite report on your relationship. Those reports are truly a gem of knowledge.

For example: If there is an aspect that shows "Mars square Pluto"... this signify the relationship will be abusive. Mars is anger and violence, and when 'SQUARE' (A negative aspect) wth a planet of obsession (Pluto), it generates a relationship that manifest in physical violence. I bet all those domestic abuse cases have these aspects (that probably no one knows about) So if you get into a new relationship and see this aspect in your report, ruuuuuun for your life.

Things like these are telling...yet because not many people are knowledgeable or believe in such 'hogwash', these warnings go unnoticed. If you want to know more, you can always PM me. I can give you a free reading if you want :)

Awesome post!!! :D

• Like 3

I love astrology, but I don't know much about the planets portion of it.

Would you be interested in telling me if these 2 would work?

I know pisces and cancer usually do because they are both water signs, but a deeper explaination?

Mar 2 & July 5

?

Smthn_Like_Olivia

Aquarius woman here. My guy is a Leo and my first go at this sign. All my charts said Gemini, Libra, or Aries was my match. Looked for Gemini's and Libra's when I was OLD. They all turned out to be duds.

This Leo man?? Wow... we are complete opposites, but if you read up on our match, it's almost spot on. Hands down, my best relationship...EVER.

On the other side, my charts are correct that I just don't mesh with Taurus and Cancers. I reluctantly accepted a date with a Taurus once. It lasted all of 20 min and was a story I had to re-tell many times...

Snakechammah
I love astrology, but I don't know much about the planets portion of it.

Would you be interested in telling me if these 2 would work?

I know pisces and cancer usually do because they are both water signs, but a deeper explaination?

Mar 2 & July 5

?

Hi Brooke,

If you have the full details (birthdate, birthtime, birthplace of both parties), you can PM me. I loooove doing synastry for couples - that's my forte!

Pisces and Cancer makes awesome connection on the surface, but it goes deeper than that. Most importantly, is the moon and venus sign of both partners, not much of the SUN signs.

Snakechammah
Aquarius woman here. My guy is a Leo and my first go at this sign. All my charts said Gemini, Libra, or Aries was my match. Looked for Gemini's and Libra's when I was OLD. They all turned out to be duds.

This Leo man?? Wow... we are complete opposites, but if you read up on our match, it's almost spot on. Hands down, my best relationship...EVER.

On the other side, my charts are correct that I just don't mesh with Taurus and Cancers. I reluctantly accepted a date with a Taurus once. It lasted all of 20 min and was a story I had to re-tell many times...

Aquarius are my favourite!! I have a lot of Aquarius influence in my chart so I gravitate to the same flock. Maybe in your case with Mr Leo, the other planets/aspects have a lot of yin-yang and a great balance! Congrats on finding a good match!

• Like 2
leavesonautumn

There's this crazy rumour that Geminis are absolutely nuts. Any truth to this? ;)

Take no offence Geminis, I'm a Virgo and get enough **** for that.

All of my boyfriends except 1 have been Scorpios. The guy I dated earlier this summer was a Scorpio and I found myself drawn to this other guy and found out he is a Scorpio. They are my kryptonite. So mysterious ohh~~

I wouldn't say I "believe" in the Zodiac but I find it extremely interesting and I'd say I'm almost 100% Virgo minus the whole crazy clean thing. I mean, I'm clean but not a clean freak like we're made out to be. I've been told that I come across as bitchy and uninterested even though I could be thinking about puppies and rainbows.

Everyone else in my family is the complete opposite of their sign. Maybe the people who are interested in it adopt some of the more basic traits of their sign?

• Like 1

I read the daily horoscope "for entertainment purposes only" but do take kind of seriously the personality profiles of each sign. They often seem like they were prepared by an insurance actuary, you know the people that crunch statistics to the point where they can predict the day of your death rather accurately with only a few facts about you...

I certainly had a long and enjoyable relationship with a Libra (I'm a Gemini and we're both Air signs) until it ended last year, and that wasn't because of anything in the stars...