Why are white nerdy guys so into Asian women?

Eternal Sunshine

In my department around 50-80% are dating/married to one. It really sucks, because I LOVE nerdy guys.

I am not tying to be racist and I know that white men like Asian women in general. But in nerds, its insane.

What's the attraction?

• Like 2

I dont know about nerds, but I do find alot of the men I know that date Asian women are preoccupied with skinny women (alot of Asians tend to be quite thin...)

Maybe its the anime? Haha

In my department around 50-80% are dating/married to one. It really sucks, because I LOVE nerdy guys.

I am not tying to be racist and I know that white men like Asian women in general. But in nerds, its insane.

What's the attraction?

How many nerdy guys have you dated?

As for nerds being really into Asian women. Maybe the Asian girls are the only ones who would date them.

• Like 1
ViresSanctity

I'm going to reply with a stereotype to a stereotype.

Like you said they are nerdy men. Most Asian women have interests in their fields (medical, science, political debates, computers.)

It's not mentioned a lot, but in college I saw nerdy white girls having the same attraction for Asian men. That doesn't mean they'll get married someday.

If it fits the glove...

There's also the whole Asian women tend to pamper their men more. I hate to use the word submissive because modern Asian women will fight back/leave if you give them *hit. This isn't the 1900's your parents lived in.

• Like 1

I'm a white nerdy guy that's not at all interested in asian women.

So not all of us are the same...

I dont know about nerds, but I do find alot of the men I know that date Asian women are preoccupied with skinny women (alot of Asians tend to be quite thin...)

Maybe its the anime? Haha

I was going to say anime.

Hah, I don't think anime gives guys a good pictue of what to expect from Asian women.

For example.

Probably the otaku craze. :laugh: And yes, for some reason Asian women seem to be the majority in the female STEM world. I'm in grad school for a very male-dominated subject - of the 10 or so women who exist in the faculty, 9 are Asian.

What's the attraction?

What is your definition of a nerdy guy? They are at work so is it defined by what they do for a living?

ViresSanctity

Also consider that most Asian women have had brothers who grew up like these nerdy men, so they are comfortable with it.

An Asian women will more likely put up with them playing video games during their free time and these guys can happily take them to their friends LAN parties. Rather than that than calling to see what bar they're at that night.

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

**Warning, incoming stereotypes/observations** Avert your eye's sensitive people.

Yeah...you got the anime guy who's into little cutsie girls wearing skirts doing the whole open mouth cheer with squinting slanted tearing eyes.

Those tend to be the more nerdy/comic-bookish/anime crew. I have known guys like this and they really have a thing for the Japense especially.

Personally it kind of creeps me out.

Also, the nerdy type...having worked in computers myself, don't tend to be the most masculine guys around. They tend to be a bit more on the shy/introverted side unless they're in their element. Even the Alpha nerd in the social group is not very masculine, it's like this sarcastic/pretentious/semi-intellectual/arrogant/semi-homosexual behavior however highly likely to avoid confrontation (look I'm just being honest here, that's what I've seen and I've worked in some pretty large buildings full of nerds!) So a nice girl who comes off more shy and docile who happens to be Asian makes more sense to be down their alley, they're definitely not going go out with the outspoken/fiery, social type usually because they'd be afraid to approach. She has to be eccentric, artsy quirky, and the more anti-social the better!

Asian women otherwise to just your "average joe" are very petite/skinny (or can be, I've seen the pillsbury dough girls, don't worry) so another reason for men to feel for masculine and dominant. Some guys just flick their little wee-wee to girls like that.

Personally I think Asian women can be quite cute, and they can age damn well...I've seen women running around with 3 or 4 kids that look like they're in their early 20's! however their sex appeal tends to be less as they don't have the breasts and the booty naturally. But I don't care about race/background, I have an "ideal" like everyone else physically, but that's definitely not a priority above other things, so I don't even know why people have a preference race wise personally and from my perspective.

• Like 5
  • Author
Eternal Sunshine
What is your definition of a nerdy guy? They are at work so is it defined by what they do for a living?

Yes, guys that work in maths/comp sci fields; they also have specific interests in common, like gaming and anime.

• Like 1
  • Author
Eternal Sunshine
**Warning, incoming stereotypes/observations** Avert your eye's sensitive people.

Yeah...you got the anime guy who's into little cutsie girls wearing skirts doing the whole open mouth cheer with squinting slanted tearing eyes.

Those tend to be the more nerdy/comic-bookish/anime crew. I have known guys like this and they really have a thing for the Japense especially.

Personally it kind of creeps me out.

Also, the nerdy type...having worked in computers myself, don't tend to be the most masculine guys around. They tend to be a bit more on the shy/introverted side unless they're in their element. Even the Alpha nerd in the social group is not very masculine, it's like this sarcastic/pretentious/semi-intellectual/arrogant/semi-homosexual behavior however highly likely to avoid confrontation (look I'm just being honest here, that's what I've seen and I've worked in some pretty large buildings full of nerds!) So a nice girl who comes off more shy and docile who happens to be Asian makes more sense to be down their alley, they're definitely not going go out with the outspoken/fiery, social type usually because they'd be afraid to approach. She has to be eccentric, artsy quirky, and the more anti-social the better!

Asian women otherwise to just your "average joe" are very petite/skinny (or can be, I've seen the pillsbury dough girls, don't worry) so another reason for men to feel for masculine and dominant. Some guys just flick their little wee-wee to girls like that.

Personally I think Asian women can be quite cute, and they can age damn well...I've seen women running around with 3 or 4 kids that look like they're in their early 20's! however their sex appeal tends to be less as they don't have the breasts and the booty naturally. But I don't care about race/background, I have an "ideal" like everyone else physically, but that's definitely not a priority above other things, so I don't even know why people have a preference race wise personally and from my perspective.

YES!

It creeps me out to the point that if a guy had a string of Asian exes, I am somewhat turned off from dating him.

Yeah, the 'nerd' by your definition is much closer to the Asian male ideal than the Caucasian ideal in general.

Shyness is considered 'cute' in Asian culture, and there is no social stigma to nerdiness. In fact, techie guys are quite the rage there. :laugh: On the other hand, ES, I'm guessing that the guys in your department are in their early 30s and are PhD grads or professors or assoc professors? Career increases a male's value a lot in the Asian culture. Combine all of the above, and those guys are probably more attractive to the average Asian girl than the buff, outgoing bar hoppers.

• Like 3
  • Author
Eternal Sunshine
Yeah, the 'nerd' by your definition is much closer to the Asian male ideal than the Caucasian ideal in general.

Shyness is considered 'cute' in Asian culture, and there is no social stigma to nerdiness. In fact, techie guys are quite the rage there. :laugh: On the other hand, ES, I'm guessing that the guys in your department are in their early 30s and are PhD grads or professors or assoc professors? Career increases a male's value a lot in the Asian culture. Combine all of the above, and those guys are probably more attractive to the average Asian girl than the buff, outgoing bar hoppers.

Early 30s and above and yes, PhD grads.

Damn, Asian girls knows what's good.

• Like 2

It seems culturally they have a lot of similarities. Some people have mentioned them already, so I won't expand, and I don't want to say anything that may be deemed offensive, but it seems like they share a lot of common interests and beliefs about things.

• Like 1
  • Author
Eternal Sunshine
It seems culturally they have a lot of similarities. Some people have mentioned them already, so I won't expand, and I don't want to say anything that may be deemed offensive, but it seems like they share a lot of common interests and beliefs about things.

I work in nerdy profession so I always thought that I like nerdy guys. But in the past year I discovered that I connect much better to artsy guys as we share similar personality traits and interests.

I was never into gaming or anime.

I work in nerdy profession so I always thought that I like nerdy guys. But in the past year I discovered that I connect much better to artsy guys as we share similar personality traits and interests.

I was never into gaming or anime.

So then you don't LOVE nerdy guys.

:lmao:

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

I've definitely noticed that the Asian culture puts looks behind success/education and kind of a "monetary value" that hangs above the mans head. As he needs to be a provider and secure her future...almost seems archaic in some ways to me, like the individual doesn't even matter, it's just sheer survival. How much a man is worth seemed to be more valued than who he actually is...as long as he treats her well/semi well and does this that and the other thing, he is "respected" and a "good catch".

The men in Asian culture are quite passive compared to the American's by a large margin socially IMO. I've done a lot of business with Asian people, some more of the Americanized and others more of the off-the-boat. They're not ever from my experience crude or macho, they like to barter but have been reasonable (but I'm a tough guy to barter with too) and they've been easy to get along with (although I know some who hate to do business with them because they can be super cheap), some can be difficult and have that "asian rage" but they're not intimidating or anything, just irate (to me). So culturally speaking, I can see why Asian women wouldn't gravitate towards American men, who would typically do well within the American culture.

However, a man who is white, nerdy, educated and successful is a great security blanket for women from Asian culture. And if the woman is also educated you can be sure she's going land a successful man, very likely more successful. They definitely know how to solidify their future, however in many culturally Asian relationships, I haven't seen much passion, romance, affection, love...affection seems to come with duty, love with dedication, and the other two are just 80's love songs. They seem to love the hell out of their kids though. But as far as the couple, not so much...but then again maybe that's just marriage ;)

• Author
Eternal Sunshine
So then you don't LOVE nerdy guys.

:lmao:

I thought I did in the past, in fact they were the only type I dated...but now I love artsy guys too. I have a lot of love to share :p

• Like 2

Yeh I knew a few guys who only went with Asians. Very nerdy. I assumed they were unable to get other ethnicities.

Most asians here are on a passport hunt so we tend to view them very cautionary.

I've definitely noticed that the Asian culture puts looks behind success/education and kind of a "monetary value" that hangs above the mans head. As he needs to be a provider and secure her future...almost seems archaic in some ways to me, like the individual doesn't even matter, it's just sheer survival. How much a man is worth seemed to be more valued than who he actually is...as long as he treats her well/semi well and does this that and the other thing, he is "respected" and a "good catch".

Sure, some do that. For others, it's just a positive trait like any other. Like muscles, game, height, confidence. If we are to go the 'individual doesn't matter' route, then virtually anyone who has selected a mate for any non-personality trait would be guilty of such as well. Which means everyone.

The men in Asian culture are quite passive compared to the American's by a large margin socially IMO. I've done a lot of business with Asian people, some more of the Americanized and others more of the off-the-boat. They're not ever from my experience crude or macho, they like to barter but have been reasonable (but I'm a tough guy to barter with too) and they've been easy to get along with (although I know some who hate to do business with them because they can be super cheap), some can be difficult and have that "asian rage" but they're not intimidating or anything, just irate (to me). So culturally speaking, I can see why Asian women wouldn't gravitate towards American men, who would typically do well within the American culture.

Actually, IMO Asian women tend to gravitate to Asian men, period. (Some) white nerdy guys have similar values to Asian men, hence the gravitation there.

However, a man who is white, nerdy, educated and successful is a great security blanket for women from Asian culture. And if the woman is also educated you can be sure she's going land a successful man, very likely more successful. They definitely know how to solidify their future, however in many culturally Asian relationships, I haven't seen much passion, romance, affection, love...affection seems to come with duty, love with dedication, and the other two are just 80's love songs. They seem to love the hell out of their kids though. But as far as the couple, not so much...but then again maybe that's just marriage ;)

In a way, yes. Especially the older generation where the woman could not work and was literally dependent on the man for survival.

Modern Asian couples, no. I've seen more 'real love' there than in the instant gratification culture that some modern Westerners subscribe to. But then again, I suppose it depends on what your definition of 'real love' is. ;)

• Like 1
Could it be that it's all they can get and really prefer white women but strike out with them?

Have you seen Asian women? They are gorgeous.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine
Have you seen Asian women? They are gorgeous.

Not all of them are, there are beautiful and plain ones...just like with any other race. Majority of guys in my department are with average looking ones....

• Like 2
Early 30s and above and yes, PhD grads.

Damn, Asian girls knows what's good.

Being a comp Sci. grad student who has had multiple Asian partners over the years I will say with experience that it's purely because they are the ones who are around that I meet and connect with. I can count on one hand the number of non-asian girls in my program I've come across.

My last ex was an Asian in another nerdy field (human genetics). I just look for ones I connect with and it so happens most are Asian. ES, if you are looking for an artsy caucasian nerd you should come up here ;)

• Like 2