LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

My mother died yesterday

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th January 2018, 11:02 AM   #16
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
Sorry Sole, please accept my condoleance, and hope you feel better soon.

(((Hugs)))
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2018, 2:56 PM   #17

I know how this feels...you will feel better eventually.
LuckyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2018, 3:03 PM   #18
Established Member

i'm so sorry for your loss SM, remember that she will be with you always
Old 12th January 2018, 5:16 PM   #19
Established Member

Hi Solemate... I'm sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.

They always live on in our memories..

***Hugz***
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2018, 6:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleMate View Post
My mother died yesterday, quite unexpectedly. The exact time is not known as she was alone. She had a serious chronic lung illness but seemed fine on Tuesday, though struggling with a persistent cold. When she wasn't answering calls on Wednesday we requested a welfare check and her body was found by a sheriff's deputy. She was 79.

I spent a week with her at Christmas time and am so glad I did. That was the last time we saw each other. I called her on New Year's Day and that was the last time we spoke. I can't even remember what we talked about.

This hurts so much more than I expected. We've had our ups and downs and little annoyances aplenty, yet we loved each other and said so frequently, especially these last years. The shock of realizing again and again and again that everything that she was, and her warmth and good heart and good thoughts, have just been flicked off like a light switch just leaves me limp and numb and whimpering.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom is still with me but I lost my Dad when I was 14. It's not really something that you ever get over, but the pain does lessen. I'm so glad you got to spend Christmas with her too. That's a memory you will always cherish. Just continue to remember the good things about her and share stories with others who knew her. It really helps me a lot to hear others stories about my dad. You are in my prayers. Keep hope.
NHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2018, 8:21 PM   #21
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
im sorry sole theres no words that can be said to ease your pain if i knew any i would so say them to you.

I can tell you a story though....one of my grandpas died when i was young i have since lost them all ...all my grandparents but what happened when i was young has always stayed with me and eased the pain

my grandpa on the night he died came to me in a dream and told me that he had to go now, he told me not to be sad.....and that he would see me soon and not to worry

in his last days he was a very ill man he was skeletal, and had lost all his hair he had quadrants drawn on his head in red pen type thing.....it was a part of brain tumor treatment anyway i can still picture him this way.....but when he came to me in my dream he had already died and he was restored sole he was better, his smile was radiant he had this light surrounding him and he wasn't in pain anymore....full head of dark hair....when i awoke int he morning and went out into the loungeroom my parents said they had something to tell me and that's when i said i know grandpa died he came to me last night and told me he had to go...mum still remembers .....i was close to my grandpa and i didnt cry......if he hadnt come to me in my dream i would have been devastated....

angels disease finally took my grandpa and the pain he was in and the cancer, what he had coursing through his body made angels disease a blessing....

angels took your mum they were with her when she passed as were her family her mum...the very people she grieved for...your mum all through her life has had the same pain as you do now... now she knows ...that she does get to be with them again

she lost her precious mum now she found her again...your passed over family have guided her to a place of beauty and rest..surrounded by the loved ones she has lost...... believe me when i say you will see her again.....

i cannot say or write the words to ease your pain now.....but i hope my story has allowed you to feel hope.

your mums thoughts ways and beauty is restored in a physical sense she is stronger than she has been in a very long time she still exists to be.....she will watch over you.....just behind a veil..my grandpa looked so handsome again in my dream...smilin...i know without a doubt and full of pure belief ...we see our loved ones again........hugs...and if you dont like hugs ....warm cheek pats from me to you..xoxoxo...deb

Last edited by todreaminblue; 12th January 2018 at 8:24 PM..
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 12:36 AM   #22
Established Member

Thank you so much Deb, for your beautiful and comforting thoughts. I hope that her loved ones are there to guide her and you’re right, she has felt that pain in her own time.
Old 13th January 2018, 2:25 AM   #23
Established Member

I'm sorry for your loss Soulmate. Sending you hugs and condolences.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 3:01 AM   #24
Established Member

I feel for you since my dad died right before xmas at the ripe age of 90. He was fine one day and the next he was not. We put him in the hospital since he showed signs of dementia. The next day we were told that he died that night. The night before he was to go to a nursing home which he said he never wanted to go to. His mother died the same way. Fiercely independent into her 90s, she died the night before she was to move to a nursing home.

I still do not know how I feel about the death of my father. He was a great father who bought me things I needed and encouraged me to play sports while driving me to practice and attending all my games. Not one bad memory. Yet he never showed emotion or told me that he loved me. He was old school and hid his emotions. So when he died I really did not feel any emotions. He had a long life and at the end he was tired of living alone and not being able to take proper care of himself.

I did shed a few tears when I was writing about him in another post but then again I am my father's son who hides his emotions.
Old 13th January 2018, 3:59 AM   #25
Established Member

My condolences, SoleMate, to you and your family ,on the loss of your Mother.
skywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 2:49 PM   #26

todreaminblue!! I agree with all my heart, with everything you say.

I also came to this realisation when deceased loved ones visited me in dreams. My grandfather right after he died. My dad 10 and 20 years after he died. It may sound ridiculous but I knew it was them and not just a random dream. I felt their presence, their warmth and love radiating from their eyes. I'm lucky that they managed to find a hole in my subconscious and squeeze through for some seconds. It must not be easy for them to come to us, no matter how much they love us... And I have more stories, of deceased people appearing to random people and having them deliver messages to their loved ones, about things the random people couldn't have known.
gone_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 9:15 PM   #27
Established Member

Oh man, I'm so sorry Solemate! You have my deepest condolences.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 9:25 PM   #28
Established Member

So sorry to hear Sole Mate. My thoughts are with you xx
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 10:04 PM   #29
Established Member

I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your mother, Solemate! Sending hugs and prayers for you! I am sharing this prophecy of the coming of Jesus and the resurrection from the dead found in the Bible with you as you can see scripture tells us to encourage each other with them.

"The disciples came to Him privately. 'Tell us,' they said, "when will this happen and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

"Jesus answered, 'Watch out that no one deceives you...For as the lightening comes from the east and flashes to the west so will be the coming of the Son of Man.'" Matthew 24:27

"Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him." Revelation 1:7

"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that we who are still alive and are left will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words." 1 Thessalonians 4:14

"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed - in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed."1 Corinthians 15:51

Last edited by LivingWaterPlease; 13th January 2018 at 10:06 PM..
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 2:25 AM   #30
Established Member

I'm so sorry, Sole Mate
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote