Mom's Mad at Everything I do

napy666

No matter what I do my mom gets mad at me. She hates how I'm 26 and I'm lazy and thats all I am is lazy. All I ever do is get mad whenever she asks me to do something for her. Which is true I do get mad when she does ask me to do things for her, but she just gets me mad like every minute we talk. Even if it's a calm conversation 5 seconds later it leads to us yelling and screaming at each other.

I do try to do things around the house but it doesn't seem to matter or make much of a difference to her because she still complains about it, saying how I don't care or I am too lazy to do it.

Yeah I may not do it the right way or the way she wants it done but at least I did it. But no she still complains. Again she complains on everything I do, no matter what it is.

amaysngrace

If one of my kids helps me I just say thank you. Even if I could do it better I'm glad for any help they give me and its just going to get undone again anyway.

I love my kids dearly and if they are 26 and need some financial help, they are always free to stay with me!

Sometimes life is hard but you should always be able to turn to your parents.

If you aren't there for your kids through thick and thin, why the hell would you even have any kids in the first place? Keenly do you have no soul?

Just my two cents. :laugh:

OP, have you tried asking for a chore list? This is what my kids have, plus they pay rent. This way, we never argue because it's always the same stuff over and over again. They know what they are expected to do. Good luck!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1
I love my kids dearly and if they are 26 and need some financial help, they are always free to stay with me!

Sometimes life is hard but you should always be able to turn to your parents.

If you aren't there for your kids through thick and thin, why the hell would you even have any kids in the first place? Keenly do you have no soul?

Just my two cents. :laugh:

OP, have you tried asking for a chore list? This is what my kids have, plus they pay rent. This way, we never argue because it's always the same stuff over and over again. They know what they are expected to do. Good luck!

whats the job of a parent exactly? To turn your kids into independent, self sustaining, responsible adults that can take care of themselves.

Tell me, when do you tell your kids they need to move out? 30? 40?

The OP said her mother was always mad at her, I offered an explanation as to why she acts this way. It's awesome that you disagree, but it doesn't explain what she is going through. She needs to move out and get away from her mother.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 2
  • Author

How do you expect me to move out with no money? I have no car, driver's license, or job. I have tried getting those with no luck.

How do you expect me to move out with no money? I have no car, driver's license, or job. I have tried getting those with no luck.

Well I hate to say it but you have to try / work harder.

This is the part where everyone thinks I am the bad guy because I say what has to be said and advocate what must be done.

You have to look harder for a job, hell 2 jobs.

You need to work until your hands bleed.

Buy a used car, get an apartment with some friends / rent a room / find a studio.

No more mom. Extra income. Pride.

All the good stuff of life.

• Like 1

Have you tried going to a local university (a public cheap one) to acquire some skills ?

What roadblocks are you facing getting a job?

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah yeah yeah I keep trying and nothing works. I am not gona sit on my ass all day applying for jobs I did that once and never got a job so I'm not gona do it again.

You only applied once for a job? Throwing in the towel a bit fast are we?

What if Thomas Edison gave up trying to develop an electronic light bulb after ONE attempt? It took Edison like 10,000 tries to get it working.

Also in California you can get 6,000$ a year for free to go to a local university. If you stay living with your mum, you could probably go to school for free.

You got options if you're willing to apply yourself.

• Like 1

I think you could be trying a little harder, honestly. There has to be something around there. If anything, you should be taking out loans and going to a cheap college.

My rules with my kids is that if they are not going to college at least part time, I charge them rent. Which I think is fair. If they are going to college full-time, they get to live for free. There is really no excuse for you not having your drivers license at that age either.

One of your parents should really be taking you out driving and then dropping you off to take your drivers test. I'd start with that.

Try to go to a Tech school or go for some sort of certificate so that you won't have to make minimum wage for the rest of your life. You must hate living at home with your parents at that age, anyways.

• Author

I am not going to any type of school period.

And I have practiced driving, took the written test 20 times failing it, took the driving test 4 times failing that as well.

And again I have applied to places and keep getting rejected.

travelbug1996

Doesn't sound like you have a plan for your life. If I were your mom I would put you out. You are not trying and its getting on her last nerve. You are too old to be living with mommy. You're gonna be 30 real soon.

Do you play video games? Those will kill anyone's drive.

• Like 1
Doesn't sound like you have a plan for your life. If I were your mom I would put you out. You are not trying and its getting on her last nerve. You are too old to be living with mommy. You're gonna be 30 real soon.

Do you play video games? Those will kill anyone's drive.

No. Just no.

I play video games at least 3 hours daily, I am doing just fine in my life.

Yeah yeah yeah I keep trying and nothing works. I am not gona sit on my ass all day applying for jobs I did that once and never got a job so I'm not gona do it again.

Wouldn't it be better to search for a job rather than just do nothing?

If you stop looking, you can guarantee that you will not find work.

Your refusal to look for work could be the reason your mother is angry with you. What do you plan on doing with your life? You seem to lack motivation and ambition. You cannot live with your mother forever. At some point, you will have to become independent.

When I had no driver's licence or a lot of money, I moved to a large city with an excellent transit system. I also rented furnished rooms until I could afford a studio apartment. I had to move back into my parents house for a year because of an injury. My parents never hassled me when I was unemployed, because they saw me trying very hard to secure employment. As soon as I passed my 90 day probation period, I found my own place again.

Edited by Nyla
  • Like 1
hoping2heal

This could be nothing, or it could be something.

Have you ever had a job? What about your educational experiences? Graduated/GED from HS? Attended college? Do you have any siblings or is it just you and Mom? Is Dad involved, in the picture? What is Mom's occupation?

• Author

Last job was in 2011 since then I've had nothing a few writing jobs that paid but not much and only like once every few months.

hoping2heal
Last job was in 2011 since then I've had nothing a few writing jobs that paid but not much and only like once every few months.

You mentioned College was no dice..how come?

• Author

Becuz its a waste of time, money, etc. You invest a lot of money and end up in debt, then you get a degree, and then you still don't got a job. I know too many people with degrees and no job. So see waste of schooling.

I think it is ok to go home inbetween phases but not to be at home without any plans, at all... unless the person has an illness of some sort.

OP, I don't understand why you are surprised by the tension between yourself and your mother. At least do some voluntary work to build up confidence and knowledge within a specific area.

I can't connect why there is a pause in applying for work? Are you claiming social security? In the UK the rule is that the person must evidence applying for three jobs per week otherwise they do not get any money. The system must be similar elsewhere. You aren't living off your mother are you OP?

Take care,

Eve x

I can only conclude that you are looking specifically for work as a writer and until such time that you find a suitable position, you feel that your mum has to support you.

I suppose the tension will add inspiration to your writing skill in the meantime. ;)

IMO, Mum needs to wise up.

How old is she?

Take care,

Eve x