LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Your last relationship: How long did it last? Scale of 1-10 how badly did it end?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2017, 9:54 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamili View Post
I love this. Couldn't be more spot on. No doubt a heartbreak and a traumatic breakup with a woman you deeply loved can change a man. Never will i ever be the same again. Wish id gone through this with a different girl before meeting my ex, im positive things would have been different between us. But, alas, ive learned a lot about myself. I think we all do after a breakup.

Everytime i hear a woman now complain about a man who is "emotionally distant" or a see a bad boy who cannot let himself commit or reveal his heart to a woman, i think "this guy knows pain". I know all those emotionally distant men out there are damaged. Sometime in his past, he got his heart broken pretty bad, and made promises to himself to protect himself in the future. He's less "nice", he's less open, he's less emotional l. And it is likely because he once was all those things before some woman before her ripped it all out of him.

However, ironically, this new hardened man will have more success in future relationships because of this. Experience is golden. Hardening is part of becoming a man, IMO a point you dont reach until experiencing heartbreak a few times.
Funny. This was the guy women turned me into and I did much better.

Fast forward to 7 years ago when I met my ex and said F it. As a result I was able to have the most wonderful and deep relationship of my life. And guess what happened? Yep, she broke my heart worse than any before her.

Screw this. The old me is back.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 10:02 PM   #32
Established Member

Maybe a more interesting question would be: Rate ALL OF THEM

10, 1, 1, 1, 7, 1, 1, 1, 2, 0

0 meaning it hasn't ended yet. 27 years and going strong!

Looking back, I think the first one inoculated me from severe harm.
mightycpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 10:50 PM   #33

7 years. Although I know others have worst situations, I feel at this time a 8/10. My ex tortured me throughout our relationship and I failed to see. He led me on, blamed me for any mistakes, had me believeing his half ass attempt was love. All while I gave him my all. He messed me up in my head and I still feel guilty for not cleaning our room one day (as an example on how ****ty and mind controlling he was) and to see him one day be the man I wanted him to be with someone else? Thank you for wasting my life. I can't even love myself again. I wanted to commit suicide for a long time.
Lostandconfused12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017, 1:35 AM   #34

About a month, though we've been back and forth for a few years.
I'm always the dumper... 8/10 Because he got a few of my family members involved, which created a lovely little fiasco.
anuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 3:44 AM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightycpa View Post
Maybe a more interesting question would be: Rate ALL OF THEM

10, 1, 1, 1, 7, 1, 1, 1, 2, 0

0 meaning it hasn't ended yet. 27 years and going strong!

Looking back, I think the first one inoculated me from severe harm.
That's a lot of relationships. Jeez.
ZayKayWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 5:22 AM   #36
Established Member

In 2015, I dated someone for 8 months but I wasn't in love. It was mostly good sex but we called each other bf/gf and met families etc. It ended mutually when he moved to another state. Kind of like "I guess this is a natural ending point"...I would say 1/10 on the pain scale. We are still in touch trough FB chat and continued to hook up every now then when in the same town for most of 2016...untill I met my current bf (6 months now, deeper attachemnt and likely ending soon - this one is going to be tougher)....

Before that, I lived with someone in 2011/2012 and that ended with 9/10. Really, really nasty. He came home from work one day, ended it and told me to move out within the next few hours. I had nowhere to go so ended up moving back in with the parents temprorarily. Then he blocked me on everything and it took me over 6 months to get my stuff back. We remain blocked, full NC and I am still really resentful of how he eneded it to this day.

Last edited by Eternal Sunshine; 15th February 2017 at 5:26 AM..
Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 8:18 AM   #37

1.5 year, break up was 4/10 (no yelling, no fight during the break up etc) but the pain i feel is def a 10/10
Shehulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 9:16 AM   #38
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveCakes View Post
5 months...break up was a 9 because he ghosted and I do not handle that well. Still lingered for months after. Epic pain still ensues lol No real answer still.

Before that was 6 months...break up was a 10 because he assaulted me and is still in jail, caught him cheating with a hooker, etc.

Had a bad 2016. Glad its over lol
Holy **** that's bad and I thought mine was well it is because I still hav to see every day and the turmoil I went thru wthe her last yr over a custody battle I give it 9/10 the work factor is a big on3 here plus she claimed she was so int o me never met anyone like me before soulmate all that jazz and I actually felt we had t hv e strongest connection in the 20 off um yrs of relationships just bad timing and the kids she cam3 wth made it hard. So ye a 9/10
Goodguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 12:36 AM   #39
Established Member

Bump for more interesting stories.
ZayKayWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 12:57 AM   #40
Established Member

Lasted 2 yrs.
I think on a grand scale (ie. reading all the stories on these forums and comparing) my rating would be a 4/10 because of drama, suspected infidelity, and a huge matter in finance.
But for my age and experience in relationships/breakups it was a 9/10. So it's nice to have a broader perspective now.
Frostedflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 7:28 AM   #41
Established Member

just over 2 years and ended a few months ago via email which is the worst.
dealing with a complete avoidant, while i am the anxious attachment type.
learning a lot about myself. it is painful though, this one is about 8/10 or so.
2016 was a crazy year.....I experienced about 5 deaths within a few months (mostly young people),a friend had a massive heart attack and survived, I had surgery and was diagnosed with cancer.
so much to work through and the break up felt like the icing on the cake.
but in reality, it was harder to be with someone who was emotionally unavailable.
penelopeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 7:47 AM   #42
Established Member

6 Months.

Pain 10, based on the fact I felt/feel completely rejected and confused, not good enough and my Self esteam has been shattered. Now suffering from Severe anxiety because of it. And I have felt suicidal when I think of him and how he just decided he didn't have feelings. I waited a real long time. I feel like theres something wrong with me. I'm now on autopilot all the time and I don't enjoy my life.
Heartbrokenandhurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 7:56 AM   #43
Established Member

6 Months.

Pain 10, based on the fact I felt/feel completely rejected and confused, not good enough and my Self esteam has been shattered. Now suffering from Severe anxiety because of it. And I have felt suicidal when I think of him and how he just decided he didn't have feelings. I waited a real long time. I feel like theres something wrong with me. I'm now on autopilot all the time and I don't enjoy my life.
Heartbrokenandhurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 8:58 AM   #44
Established Member

5 years, ended about as amicable as I can imagine. Pain about (4/10), simply because we both realized it was coming. We had about a year of NC and now chat off and on. Both agree that we were each others best sex ever.
CptInsano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 9:06 AM   #45
Established Member

Just over a year..Pain 9/10
Dumped via text before a big exam at school that she knew I needed to pass. I was led on for a while post BU and lied to as she secretly started dating someone else (that she met online and later moved across the country for after only a few months). I embarrassed myself so much post BU and she told our friends a different story about our relationship which made me look very bad. I almost flunked out of professional school due to my depression, lost a lucrative job post graduation, contemplated suicide several times and ended up in a very dark place.
With 6 months NC around the corner, I still can't hear her name without having some type of negative emotional response.
Love sucks
Gillys is offline   Reply With Quote