LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Bummed out

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree11Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2017, 12:12 PM   #1
Established Member

Bummed out

I broke up with my LDR bf a month ago. I initiated but in the end, when I wanted him back he said we wouldn't work out. I apologized for everithing, we wished each other all the best and went NC for a month. Today, I texted him IMY text and he completely ignored it. I know I have my answer but how can he be so disrespectful. Does it mean he moved on?
Old 9th January 2017, 12:18 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole10 View Post
I broke up with my LDR bf a month ago. I initiated but in the end, when I wanted him back he said we wouldn't work out. I apologized for everithing, we wished each other all the best and went NC for a month. Today, I texted him IMY text and he completely ignored it. I know I have my answer but how can he be so disrespectful. Does it mean he moved on?
The one that is being disrespectful is you.

You initiated an ending. Then you wanted him back. He chose to remain broken up. Then both of you went on your way amicably.

You sending an IMY seems manipulative, putting him in a position that he does not want to be in. Respect his need to move on and to remain NC.
Old 9th January 2017, 12:19 PM   #3
Established Member

Yes he has moved on. How can you call him disrespectful when you were the one to break up with him and now you are hurt because he doesn't want you anymore. What did you expect? Of course he has move on.
Old 9th January 2017, 12:23 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
Yes he has moved on. How can you call him disrespectful when you were the one to break up with him and now you are hurt because he doesn't want you anymore. What did you expect? Of course he has move on.
He was putting work before our relationship and he, himself said he was aware of it. I eventually had enough frustration and ended it in a heat of the moment. The next day I called him and wanted to work things out. He didnt want it to continue.... He knows I didnt break up due to losing interest in him. Basically, he is a dumper in this situation.
Old 9th January 2017, 12:35 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
He was putting work before our relationship and he, himself said he was aware of it. I eventually had enough frustration and ended it in a heat of the moment. The next day I called him and wanted to work things out. He didnt want it to continue.... He knows I didnt break up due to losing interest in him. Basically, he is a dumper in this situation.
Yeah I remember your story. Still, it's over and he doesn't want to get back together no matter what the reasons were. He accepted it so quickly I wouldn't be surprised if he had someone else waiting in the wings.
Old 9th January 2017, 12:44 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
You ended it to try and provoke him and hopefully shake his core enough to chose you. Unfortunately, it backfired. He didn't chose you and agreed to ending it. He was probably already thinking about it as he showed no resistance.

Accept that it is over. Stick to your decision and push forward.
smackie9 likes this.
Old 9th January 2017, 1:17 PM   #7
Established Member

Ok, he just replied. Told me he misses me too and asked how had I been. I know he could only be polite and I should not have my hopes up but.... i really want him back
Old 9th January 2017, 1:23 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
You ended the relationship. He is not being disrespectful. He owes you nothing. Yes, he's moving on.
Old 9th January 2017, 1:52 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Ok, he just replied. Told me he misses me too and asked how had I been. I know he could only be polite and I should not have my hopes up but.... i really want him back
Just ask him if he wants to try again...

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
Old 9th January 2017, 1:55 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
Just ask him if he wants to try again...
Yes please do this so you will have your answer once and for all.
Old 9th January 2017, 2:00 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Yes please do this so you will have your answer once and for all.
I am scared. We texted back and forth, he asked a lot of questions (regarding school and other things going on in my life). Also, told me about his days and how he still has a ton of work to do. He didnt respond to my last question, I guess he got busy at work.
I want to shift the conversation towards "us" but I am scared and don't know how to approach it.
Old 9th January 2017, 2:04 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
I am scared. We texted back and forth, he asked a lot of questions (regarding school and other things going on in my life). Also, told me about his days and how he still has a ton of work to do. He didnt respond to my last question, I guess he got busy at work.
I want to shift the conversation towards "us" but I am scared and don't know how to approach it.
Well, you didn't have any trouble approaching the topic of breaking up. Grown ups have the "hard" conversations with the ability to be prepared for the outcome. Don't mess with this guy. Be straight up with him and tell him you regret what you have done and take it from there.
Old 9th January 2017, 2:05 PM   #13
Established Member

Just say, "I want to try again, do you"? Don't beat around the bush this time. Ask what you want to know and say what you want to say. What are you afraid of, his answer?
Old 9th January 2017, 2:11 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Just say, "I want to try again, do you"? Don't beat around the bush this time. Ask what you want to know and say what you want to say. What are you afraid of, his answer?
Yes, I am afraid of his answer. He already told me he doesnt think it wpuld be a good idea (a month ago). I, also, in a sense, still feel overwhelmed with everything that happened. But I guess, I need to ask if I want to know. Otherwise, we will be texting back ad forth today and tomorrow, I will be wondering if we could be together ever again.
Old 9th January 2017, 2:32 PM   #15
Established Member

And should I first apologize for being childish or explain that I had some time to really think about everything and came to some conclusions and how wrong I was to react the way I did, promise not to do that again etc, etc... And then ask him to try again?
I know I sound crazy, but I am so anxious. I feel I got this one chance and trying so hard not to ruin it...
Closed Thread