So Im a girl and the guy has been randomley throwing around the "M" word...

Ok I know my guy is the one I will marry but I never really bring up marriage or anything of the like. If it happens it will, no rush, Im happy how things are ..

Lately my guy has been saying stuff like ... "I was talking to a friend telling her things we do and how our life style is and she says, married people do that stuff, you should be married" Stuff like this is said, he tells me and Im just like oh really.. not pushing it off or anything but isn't usually the girl that wants to discuss marriage?

Is my guy trying to tell me something? Feel me out ?? What?? Or is he just chatting what he has been chatting about with others and telling me?

billybadass36

It Depends. How old are you? How long have you been together? Etc. He could be feeling you out to make sure he knows what your answer would be if he asked. Or could just be idle chitchat.

I am almost 30 years old, he is 8 years older then me. So we are not "young and in love" we know what we want now. Been together for almost 2 years now. Maybe he is feeling me out ... not sure but I think he knows I would accept... Hummm..

Before you marry, you should definitely talk about marriage. What you think it means, what your expectations are, what roles each of you would play, what would change from your dating r/s, etc. Sounds like he may be trying to start that conversation with you. It's not a proposal, it's just laying some groundwork.

Thanks soulmate.

We live together now, do things that married people do, it is like we are without the peice of paper to show that we are committed. No, we have not discussed marriage though... ground work is cool, but I sometimes find myself not knowing what to say when he says something about it or what someone said to him etc.. what's up with that?