should I marry this girl 7 years older than me...

Iceman80

Should I marry a girl that is 8-years older than me .I'm in love with this girl but when I met her she didn't look

like 31 years old ,she looked younger than, now I found out that she is older.

I feel scared about this just because I feel too young to become ( lets say father 25 years old),because she is in that age .....to become a mother ...

please I need a advise.

• Author

No we never had this kind of talk but once her friend another single girl she was talking to my girl that " your children will be very good looking like us " but I know that she like ,because once she sad something indirect.

If you haven't talked about whether or not to have children, or how many you both want or when you want to be parents, you aren't ready to get married.

• Author

ok as you said : about marriage we didn't talked yet but one thing is sicure that I love her

I can see that is just question of time but I feel bad just because Im younger 8 years ,so you think is not a big deal ,I didn't talk with my family that ,what will they think? "my son YOU couldnt find another girl at your age ?

but here I am .

Don't rush into anything. Get to know her thoroughly. If you enjoy being with her and you agree on the important thngs in life, the age difference should not matter much.

You're both legal consenting adults.....

So, I don't see what the issue is.

Your heart doesn't comprehend that she is 31... IF she treats you well, you have a great time with her and you Love her, then that is all there is.

My BF and I were friends with a guy who married a woman 15 years his senior.

They stayed very happily married until, sadly, she died of cancer years later.

They had happy years together and how ridiculous it would have been for them to NOT be together because of age!

You DO have to have the 'kids' talk. That's a life changing event and people of all ages, whether they have big age differences or not, need to discuss this before committing to an engagement.

Is there any other reason why the age thing bothers you? If it's about looks, then again...you're probably not ready to get married. People's looks change, no matter what age you start out at.

• Author

thats my weak point that I'm in love with her but being younger than her makes me feel in weird position

because of my friends,my family,now they know that Im with her but they dont think that we think to be 2-gather forever ...

Ice, You're Welcome.

You know I understand that it's important to you what your family and friends opinions are..... HOWEVER isn't it also important what YOU think? How YOU feel about this girl?

Let's say you met a girl who was 23 or 25 but she wasn't good to you, she had different interest than you, would that be okay with your family and friends? Think that just because she is the same age that it's her birthdate that will keep you together and last?

I think it's very unfair for your family and friends to pass judgement on a person they don't really even know.... and I also think that while I understand they want you to be happy.... I question why they can't see this girl makes you happy so her date of birth shouldn't matter.

Your call.... BUT IF you choose to end things with her because of an age difference AND because your family doesn't think it can last (they don't even know her!) well.... you might have a lot of regret later when your still searching for the girl you've got now.... only 8 years younger.... her age doesn't define WHO she is, her heart and soul do.