YES, YES, YES...I'm soooo happy...

I proposed on the 29th and he accepted... :love:

In the end I waited till we got to our holiday apartments and while he was busy in the shower I set up the place with candles and champagne (very hard to disguise...) and waiting for him to emerge... ;)

I had already decided to recite my poem ... I was sooo nervous my voice was shaking and in the end I practically read it from the laminate... it didn't matter though because he wore a hugh grin and before I had finished he kept repeating YES, YES, YES...I then presented him with a pair of cuff links... :bunny:

we celebrated in a lovely resturant and gazed lovingly at each other all night... he kept saying he couldn't believe it!

The nice thing was he hadn't realised what day it was until I brought his attention to it... :laugh:

WOW Isn't it a wonderful feeling. :love: Congratulations. :D Now comes the fun part planning the wedding. Have you picked a date yet? Do you have any special ideas for your wedding.

We are planning a small back yard celtic theme wedding. My fiance is so into the planning,.......we should do this, why don't we do that, what do you think of this. I think he's almost more excited about the whole thing then I am. Every time we mention to someone that we are now engaged he always has to mention that I proposed to him. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that fumbled over the poem. It's funny how you can be so comfortable with a person and that something like this can make you a nervous wreck.

Sorry to get off topic but............I noticed that you are from Ireland. We just went to the travel agent yesterday to inquire about flght prices to Wales. My fiance is from Cardiff, and we were thinking of going back for our honeymoon. Anyway we always thought that it would be neat to fly to Ireland and do a driving tour to Cardiff from Dublin. We found that it is cheaper to fly to Dublin then to Cardiff. Sooooo if we do go I guess Dublin it is. :D Anyway I was wondering what would you recommend as a NOT to miss sight to see while in Ireland? How long is the ferry ride to Wales? Do you know the cost in pounds as well?

I wish you all the best and have fun planning. I hope you keep us informed of the plans.

You go girls! I LOVE these stories. Congratulations. :D

P.S. Does this mean both you and your fiance are now wearing an engagement ring? How does that work in these situations were the woman takes the initiative?

• Author

Thanks Carla, we are thinking of September 2005 (no exact date as yet) in the South of France (again not decided on exact location...) I find myself looking at wedding dresses already...I'm not going for traditional white/ivory something with a bit of colour, maybe red or blue...anyways it all very exciting....

If you are thinking of travelling to Ireland, and if you have the time you should take in the West Coast around Galway... it's God's own country... outside of that Dublin is a must... The ferry across goes from Dublin or Rosslare in Wexford and is approximately 4hours I think.. prices vary from 140 Euro to 340Euro depending on the season.. you could check out this website for more details http://www.irishferries.com

Thanks for the info on Ireland. I was told that Galway is beautiful.

I know what you mean about checking things out already. I'm guilty as well. :o

I already know the price ranges of most of things that we need, and have pick out the cake top. (It was one of those things that as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it.) I've been engaged for less then 2 weeks. If it wasn't for the money, and his mum visiting next year, I could have this thrown together this June. :o

Sweet, congrats. man o man has the world changed. Women asking men to marry them. what has the world come to!

Guys...you didn't answer my ring question....are you both wearing one now? :)

Sorry Thinkalot. :o

My honey got me a ring that I have been eyeing at Christmas time, and I just figured that since it was an engagement ring he'd take the hint, which he didn't.

I got him a ring when I proposed. It's a men's diamond ring, which he can switch fingers when he gets the wedding band. A diamond is also his birth stone so it worked out great. He always said that if he ever got married agin that he would want a diamond in his band, but he also said that he really like celtic wedding bands. So now he can have both. :)

So in answer to your question yes we both have engagement rings. After I proposed he said that now he had to get me a ring. I told him he already did and I didn't need another one except for wedding band.

• Author

My answer to your question Thinkalot is Yes & No...

I bought two matching rings when we were away and we wear one each... Matt sterling silver with circle designs (v hard to describe) anyway he saw it and really liked it so I jumped at the opportunity to buy it for him, he suggested I get one two... I do intend to get a diamond ring, but it's not that important to me... I haven't looked/or seen anything I like (White Gold or Platnium) for me! Anyway next year would suit me fine, before we get married. I'll be wearing it for the rest of my life so I don't want to get just any ring... if you know what I mean...

PS. Thanks for all the good wishes....