She gave back the engagement ring 2 months after I gave it to her....Help Please

Well here goes, Me and Jennifer have been together for 8years since i was 16 and she was 14, High school sweethearts. We have alot in common and we have always been close.

I'M not a jealous man what so ever i never hold her back I don't say anything when she dances with other guys I encourage her to be as free as much as possible accept the one rule DON'T CHEAT ON ME thats it. we are both from a small town in nova Scotia Canada and we moved to the big city of Calgary about a year ago both of us have good careers and social life's. I asked her to marry me during the Christmas that just past she was so happy and in love. The reason that it took me so long to ask is because i had nothing to offer her I was pumping gas and she was a cashier together our combined income was maybe 16000.00 a year but we were so happy and in love, daily she told me she couldn't live without me and we talked about kids marriage and owning a house. Now we make about 75000.00 a year she works for a big law firm and i work for a major bank. On Saturday the 21st of February at 10:24am she gave my ring back and said she wasn't sure and was wondering alot it I'm the one for her and she's been wondering what else is out there, and that she doesn't know if she wants kids, and that it feels like our relationship has just become a comfort blanket. We are still together she says she still loves me and that she's still in love with me but she wants to remain BF and GF. Is it just cold feet will she come back to me or is this just building up to an inevitable end. I'M hurting so bad right now any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated

I'm confused by this. She gave back the ring and wants to "see what's out there"...yet remain bf and gf? You say you are still "together", but wonder if she will come back?

Please clarify the situation so we can help. For instance, do you live together, has she said she will be dating others, and what does "together" mean? Thanks!

I agree with SoleMate thatwe need more info. Unfortunately, it sounds as though your gf may be in the process of breaking up with you. You've moved from a small town with limited possibilities both professionally and in terms of relationships to a city with lots of options. Potentially, your gf is for the first time meeting men from a different background and who can offer different experiences than the ones she's had with you. This, coupled with the fact that she's been with you since she was 14, may lead her to want to date other people and may, in fact, lead her to decide not to settled down -- with you or anyone else -- at this point.

• Author

Well we are still together she's not dating other people this is just something she thought about we do live together and everything is fine like i said i have no problem with her having guy friends because i have GF that i have diner with and so fourth as does she strictly platonic i have never held her back because i know we have been together and never experienced other life situations basically the only difference between what we have now and if she were single is that she can make a choice wither or not she wants sleep with a guy literally this is our relationship there are no rules pay the bills have a good time and come home with each other at the end of the night. Thanks for the replies though

it sounds like she doesn't want commitment. like she wants to be able to break up with you if she finds someone she THINKS she loves more. i'm not sure what you should do, just talk to her and ask whats going on and if she still wants to marry you. don't pressure her just let her make her decision. if she still loves you, you'll know. i've always been told i'd never be with the same guy once i got to college because there are so many more options. that is so wrong. but some girls get bored, i have a friend who does. but 8 years, my god, you'd think you'd know whats going on with her.