I'm going to propose to him!

:love: My bf of 6 1/2 years bought me a diamond ring for christmas, but... he did not propose. I was alittle disappointed, his mum and other family members gave him hell for not proposing. We live together we have a house together, bills and debts and all that fun stuff so it's like we are married. Any way we were talking about valentines' day and he commented that this is a leap year, so women are to be the romantic ones and propose. I asked him if that was what he was waiting for? He instantly changed the subject. He is very romantic and would love to be the one swept off his feet. We have talked about getting married and

we have the how and where all planned out for the last couple of years. Every time we talk about it one of us always sarcastically adds "IF.... we ever get married!" Anyway I thought this is my chance I better do it. I've picked out a ring, I've asked his mum for her blessing, I've got the proposal all planned out. I'm not sure of the setting or when. I would like to do it on valentines' Day, but.....

1. started as a British tradition this leap year thing, his mum says that I have to wait until Feb 29th, 2. I think he is expecting it on Valentines' Day and 3. the 29th

being a Sunday it will be alittle more rushed b/c he has to rush off to work on Sunday afternoon and won't be home until Monday night. Sooo.... what I'm asking is what does everyone think In which day should I do it and if you have any ideas for a romantic setting?

I think my b/f may propose on V day but if he doesn't I'm thinking of doing it on the 29th myself. I say if it's what you want then go for it!

Are you giving him a ring or anything?

• Author

I'm going to make him a Welsh Love spoon. This is a tradition dating sometime back to 1200's where a gentleman carves a spoon with different symbols on the handle, he gives this spoon to the lady he admires. My bf does carving so I've picked up a couple of things just watching him. My handle is going to be flat and I am going to tole paint the symbols on it The scoop will be carved out. I'm more of a painter then a carver. The symbols being: a Welsh Dragon = for him and his home country, a maple leaf = for him coming to Canada and meeting me, 2 keys and a lock = we hold the key to each others heart, love birds, celtic knot = unending love and bells = marriage. I have desided that going with his tradition and hertiage I will propose on St. David's Day March 1st. St. David's Day is to the Welsh what St. Patrick's Day is to the Irish. I will resite a poem which I'm still tring to make up

about each symbol on the spoon. When I say the words "Will You Marry Me?"

I will then give him a gentlemans diamond ring. Which is perfect b/c that is also his birthstone.

Good on you. Hope all goes well for you. I am too traditional to propose, but I think your plans sounds great.

• Author

I'm pretty traditional to, but I thought what the heck. I figure he'll say yes and if he doesn't I just beat him over the head with wooden spoon. :laugh: I'm going to tell him once he says yes that since I proposed He has to change his last name to mine when we get married. :laugh: I'll play on that one for awhile, maybe it'll make him think that he should have done the proposing. :D:bunny: