should sister call off wedding to incredible guy?

margiecolleen

margiecolleen

My sister has been engaged for a year and the wedding is supposed to be next summer. She hasn't found a dress(even though she has been to 4 bridal shops...) and gets nauseous at the thought of marriage.

Her fiance is a great guy but the sexual attraction isn't there any more for her(they have lived together for 9 years) . She is afraid of calling it off because he is such an awesome guy.

I have told her if it doesn't feel right-don't go through with it. How does she put it gently to her fiance???

I don't know if there is a gentle way to break up with someone. It's always going to hurt the one who is getting dumped. But after nine years with the guy, if she's not that committed to him by now, I doubt she ever will be.

Best thing for you to do is to keep encouraging her to break it off before anymore wedding plans are made and she feels she has to go through with it. It's a lot cheaper to stop a wedding than go through a divorce.

In reality, it isn't fair to him to string him along any further. She needs to sit down with him and have a heart to heart now, not a month from now and lay the cards on the table. Who knows, maybe he will be relieved, himself! I'm sure he's noticed some sort of indifference towards him so maybe it won't be as much of a shock as she thinks.

If he's such an awesome guy, why isn't she sexually attracted to him? He can't be that awesome if he isn't sexy. You also said she wasn't attrated to him "any more." It sounds like they are just in a rut in their relationship. They need to go on a vacation somewhere and get out of their normal routine. Spice it up a little. It sounds like day in and day out, he's sitting in his lazy boy drinking beer and watching ESPN and she's knitting in the next room. They need to get off their butts and get outside, go hiking, camping, scuba diving, whatever. I bet suddenly he would look a lot sexier then.