Do I sound like I am asking too much of him?

elementsoftime

elementsoftime

I am in a similar situation with my boyfriend of almost 3 years right now. We are moving in together next month, he is thirty and I am twenty one. I told him from the beginning of our decision to move in together that i did not want things to get too comfortable without marriage (even though it was my idea to move in together). We are still attending college (him because he started late), so this was a excellent way for us to be able to continue our education and still be together. Both of us still live at home, so this is our very first place. We have talked about getting married, I have even dropped very obvious hints! He says he wants to marry me, which I believe him, but I don't think he understands my hints. It's not like I'm asking to get married tomorrow... but a proposal might be nice. Do I sound like I am asking too much of him?

Editor's note: Originally posted as part of How do I get my boyfriend to marry me?

• 2 weeks later...

here’s mine:

Talk to him. Really talk to him. Let him know that you think the your relationship has progressed to the doorstep of marriage. Ask him what he thinks the next couple of years is going to be for your guys.

The pie goes to the patient, so be understanding. Explore and maybe you’ll find a middle ground!

Good Luck,

Onyx

PurpleAngel

What’s the rush? You are young?

He will ask when HE is ready and sure about it, its a two way street. Don't worry when a man is ready he will ask without you hinting too much. A hint is fine but that’s all you should need to do.

My general rule is not to move in with anyone until you are AT LEAST engaged with a wedding date confirmed, otherwise i have found that it takes guys a LOT LONGER, if EVER to ask. Why ask? you already have the whole 'marriage' thang going on. What’s the motivation to marry? Marriage is more of a female fantasy rather than a males. I am not saying males don’t want to marry BUT I don’t think they put the same emphasis on it as us girlies!

GOOD LUCK!

~PurpleAngel~

:bunny:

Me and my partner have been together for two years in two weeks (YAY :p) and we have talked marriage. Not now! It is simple, we both want to marry each other, but there is no rush. We have our whole lives. If he proposed, I may consider it (not a definate yes) but right now we are both working and are at different stages of our lives (both work related and family related).

My advice. Stop dropping hints, you will be comming across as an immature child with a crush. Marriage is more than just a ring and a signed peice of paper.

If you don't stop, he will most likely run and never understand why you didn't listen. One day, but not now. Even I got that much from your posts.

Good luck