He proposed!!

My bf proposed to me last thursday night!!! I had no idea he was going to do it. No clue at all. I came over like usual and was unpacking stuff I"d brought over for dinner and my bf came out and said he was taking his son and me out to dinner that night. We started making small talk and my bf went to get ready to go and when I walked into his bedroom him and his son were whispering about something. I'd had a bad day at work so I was a little grouchy and asked them what they were whispering about. My bf said "we weren't whispering about anything" and I got a little upset because I thought it was something bad (just a carryover from my bad day at work).

We were in the kitchen and I was standing near the table waiting to go to dinner my bf's son came over and sat beside me and was watching me. My bf started talking about he had something to ask me (I figured it was about this weekend and our plans) and he pulled a ring box out of his pocket and walked over to me and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Ok, not the most romantic proposal ever, but I didnt' care, I was in shock. LIke everything was happening in slow motion and I wasn't even sure it was real. It was like I couldn't comprehend what had just happened. He says it took me about 2 minutes of silence and just staring at him to say yes. ha ha. Everything just felt so surreal!! His son hugged me and then I hugged both of them together and my bf told me I just made him so happy (cause I said yes) and that he loves me more than anything. I was shaking but really happy.

Now, every day he wants to start planning the wedding and talk about who were are going to invite etc. Its still a little surreal to me. For one thing, he broke up with me about 4 months ago and dated someone else for 3 weeks. So this is the last thing I expected. But I am happy and excited. His son is SO excited. He is telling everyone who will listen that his dad is marrying me. I asked him if he likes that idea and his answer was so sweet, he said, I don't just like that idea I LOVE that idea!!!

• 3 weeks later...