Trouble

I have a serious problem. There's this guy, he's great. I mean just wonderful. We can never run out of things to talk about, the problem. My parents don't agree with it. They won't let me call him, or anything of that sort. I'm just miserable. He is everything, responsible, respectful, caring....but my parents don't agree. They've told me exactly what they've expected in my future boyfriend, and he's that and more. How can I convince them?

They think he's too old for me, I'm 16, he's 18. Other than that, nothing. I'm lost, I don't know what to do really. He can get along with basically anybody, he tried talking to my dad, but he said he "didn't want to hear it." Now when I bring him up to them they completely shut it out. I don't know what to do. The guy I like is willing to do anything to get my parent's approval, but they won't budge.

Let me guess, he dresses funny?

:lmao:

How old are you? I wouldn't agree with it if my kids were really young. Is that the possibility?

I'm 16. He's 18. I was always told when I'm 16, I can date. No he doesn't dress funny, he dresses very normal. Jeans&T-shirt...and its not the jeans that are falling off your ass either. No piercings, tatoos, wild hair..he has a job, he's a senior in highschool, already has college plans...I don't see what they don't like about him.

Unfortunately, your parents still think of you as a kid even though you are trying to prove you're responsible and thoughtful. You'll just have to wait this phase out.